The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-16-2006, 08:34 PM
Nobility

Queen Rania's blonde and brassy styles before her marriage and as a princess thank god those days are over and she heard about conditioner

Old 02-16-2006, 10:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizz70
Queen Rania's blonde and brassy styles before her marriage and as a princess thank god those days are over and she heard about conditioner
And got a good nose job

About the Queens, they won't change their styles, the "helmet hair" is part of who they are and people probably wouldn't like it if they change it even if they looked better

Old 02-16-2006, 10:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie
If Beatrix would change her hairstyle, I would definitely start screaming! (The same goes for Fabiola). Yes, their hairdo's are not very modern and they'd probably look better with another hairstyle, but on the other hand, the hairdo's suit the image they created of themselves. Beatrix without the helmet hair is just impossible... I think I would stare at her in total unbelief if she changed it... and millions of Dutch people with me.
that makes sense to me -- Queen Beatrix's hairstyle does project a feeling of stability, and constancy at a certain level:)
Old 02-17-2006, 02:20 AM
Heir Apparent

what about British Royals have hairdo?

Princess Diana have big hairdo before she got married to Prince Charles they later she change hair in her years life its would be so worse for Diana im tell you about it
Old 02-17-2006, 03:58 AM
Serene Highness

Princess Lalla Meriem at Marrakesh International Film Festival 2005 November 12, 2005 in Marrakesh, Morocco.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
what about British Royals have hairdo?

Princess Diana have big hairdo before she got married to Prince Charles they later she change hair in her years life its would be so worse for Diana im tell you about it
Yes, I think you are referring to the days when she was known as 'Dynasty Di' with the BIG hair and shoulder pads - very 1980's. I think the worst hair mistake Diana did was the time she wore her hair in an updo, it just looked awful and made her nose look really big.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:55 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
And got a good nose job

About the Queens, they won't change their styles, the "helmet hair" is part of who they are and people probably wouldn't like it if they change it even if they looked better
there is a picture of Queen Rania when she was still a new queen, where her hair is clipped back but it is so high off her head in a quiff - it looks horrible and made her look like she was about 40 years old and had a hard life. Who can forget the truly hideous updo she had on the coronation day too - it made her tower even more over Abdullah - yuk! Makes me shudder to think about it
Old 02-17-2006, 11:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilal
Princess Lalla Meriem at Marrakesh International Film Festival 2005 November 12, 2005 in Marrakesh, Morocco.
Really? I liked her hair then, I thought it was really glam, although she looks stunning with pretty much any style.

Haya's hair a few months back when it was blonde wasn't particularly attractive, she had terible roots and alot of time looked as though she had split ends.

Didn't like Diana's hair throughtout the 80's, but then the 80's was a scary decade.

Lalla Salma definitely needs to do something with her hair. Yes, it's naturally curly but it looks in such bad condition in a lot of photos. Plus I think she'd suit it shorter, it really weighs her down.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:40 PM
Aristocracy

i think that Rania's coronation updo was quite appropriate, I loved her whole look on that day
Old 02-17-2006, 12:52 PM
Courtier

I know Princess Gloria von Turn und Taxis had some horrible punk hair in the 80's and now looks like a very old matron.

I also don't like Stephanie's current short hair look (Monaco's Stephanie) she looks much better with long hair.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

CPss Victoria sometimes have terrible hairdos f.ex. on Fred&Mary wedding.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:19 PM
Aristocracy

I really don't like infant Elena hairdo, maybe that braid is very comfortable but not elegant at all.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn
I really don't like infant Elena hairdo, maybe that braid is very comfortable but not elegant at all.
That's her own version of helmet hair and once in a while (not very often really) she changes her style
Old 02-17-2006, 02:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by farah
i think that Rania's coronation updo was quite appropriate, I loved her whole look on that day
Except it made her look middle aged instead of a fresh, young, pretty queen.

Talking of bad hair and related things, remember the Duchess of York's line in 'novelty' hair clips and bands????? :( Thank goodness she has sorted her style out now.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:06 PM
Commoner

Letizia's current blond hair is horrible and doesn't fit for her at all. Her genuine hair color was better and she looked more beautiful when she was brunette. Now her hair is very ugly ,too dry and broken.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:12 PM
Commoner

Geez

Oh my Lord! I can't believe this thread has made to page 2 with no mention of Princess Ann's everlasting Beehive? Searching for Bobby Fischer...
Old 02-19-2006, 08:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth
Letizia's current blond hair is horrible and doesn't fit for her at all. Her genuine hair color was better and she looked more beautiful when she was brunette. Now her hair is very ugly ,too dry and broken.
I totally agree with you. Letizia's hair is so dry and unhealthy.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilah
I totally agree with you. Letizia's hair is so dry and unhealthy.
You must have very good eyes truth -- to have seen broken hairs or split ends from pictures!

In which of Letizia's recent public engagements did you think she had dry and broken hair?

A few random pictures of Letizia recently, with what looks to me like pretty soft and healthy hair.

Leonor's baptism:

(source: Terra)

February 16, 2006:
http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?i...08657579nd.jpg
(source: Face to Face; originally posted by purple_platinum)

http://img145.imagevenue.com/img.php..._150206_30.jpg
(source: Goff Images; originally posted by purple_platinum)

Opening of the 24th International Ceramics, Construction, Bath and Kitchen Equipment Fair
http://img140.imagevenue.com/img.php...=e8d3d_024.jpg
(source: Wire Image; originally posted by purple_platinum)

Mundo Deportivo Celebrations
http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?image=24if.jpg
(source: Hola!; originally posted by mtcbm)

Russian State visit:
http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=75kp.jpg
(source: Hola!; originally posted by mtcbm)

I would also add that post-pregnancy many women find that their hair has changed in colour and texture, not to mention its growth patterns, due to a change in hormones. Some women I know have said their hair has fallen out in clumps post-pregnancy, while others have said that their hair has grown back thicker and darker, for others their hair has lightened and gotten thinner.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
Many people may disagree with me but this hairdo is just awful, actually the whole outfit was, Crown Princess Victoria (Nobel 1995):
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6&d=1100047420

*originally posted by Grandduchess

I love Crown Princess Victoria but the hair just kind of puffs out with a dinky tiara on her head. It was such a matronly look, it made her look 40 than 18! (which she was at the time) And the bag dress does nothing for her. I just really didn't like the hair, but I can happily say she has improved ENORMOUSLY in the whole fashion deparment in the past couple years. You can see the progression throughout her Nobel outfits. It gets more put together as the years go by (including the hair ). :)
I definitely agree with you. Her hair for Nobel 1995 was pretty bad but thankfully, as you said, she has improved in the past couple of years.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantaellamaria
Oh my Lord! I can't believe this thread has made to page 2 with no mention of Princess Ann's everlasting Beehive? Searching for Bobby Fischer...
She got her mother's propension to the helmet hair...

The European Queens should make an announcement for L'oreal: the gel and all the products for hair cannot have better publicity

Queen Beatrix: Hi, have you ever tried the new L'oreal Gel with c-extracts, it's awesome, lets your hair shinny but very well placed; doesn't it, girls?

QS, QEII, QMII: oh yeah; because we're worth it