Worst hat worn by a royal

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

How could you do a list of worst hats from Belgian Royal women and leave out Queen Fabiola?? I think Her Majesty was an elegant woman in her heyday but some-MOST of the hats she wore in her youth were just unfortunate, IMO! There was one that looked like a baseball cap turned backward, and still another that looked like an enormous Valentine. Just awful on such a regal woman!

I wish I knew how to scan!

Last edited:
The Day of the Worst Hats in the Royal Family of Belgium
Princess Mathilde

Princess Claire

Queen Paola

:neutral:I have seen pictures of Queen Paola's hat from a different angle and I cannot say that I don’t like it, it is fitting the occasion I think.

:ermm:I don’t know what I must think of Princess Claires hat, a compromise between formality and fashion I think.

:ohmy:Princess Mathildes hat is very retro I think, there are pictures of Queen Astrid wearing such a kind of hat. I cannot say I like it very much however.
:)It reminds me to much of what we call in our family an "eierwarmer" [A device to keep a boiled egg warm longer] According the occasion she could have better worn a more "formal" hat I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
How could you do a list of worst hats from Belgian Royal women and leave out Queen Fabiola?? I think Her Majesty was an elegant woman in her heyday but some-MOST of the hats she wore in her youth were just unfortunate, IMO! There was one that looked like a baseball cap turned backward, and still another that looked like an enormous Valentine. Just awful on such a regal woman!

I wish I knew how to scan!

on the day wich Hilal named: "The Day of the Worst Hats in the Royal Family of Belgium" Queen Fabiola was the only Royal Woman who dit not wore a hat at all, so on what place on the list of that day she comes, or doesnt she comes on the list at all??:study:

This picture looks like:
A Royal Mother realising that she took the wrong baby back home from hospital

Sonja: "WHO ARE YOU??"
Märtha; "mummy?"
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc302/Pom_Norway/Informal%20Pictures/SillyMoments/mrthababy.jpg

From :Caption this! part 2. But it could also posted here in my opinion

Last edited:
on the day wich Hilal named: "The Day of the Worst Hats in the Royal Family of Belgium" Queen Fabiola was the only Royal Woman who dit not wore a hat at all, so on what place on the list of that day she comes, or doesnt she comes on the list at all??:study:

From :Caption this! part 2. But it could also posted here in my opinion

Ahhh okay. I misunderstood... I thought she was referring to overall. Queen Fabiola does not wear hats anymore. She did when she was the young Queen of the Belgians. Some were lovely and elegant, and some were.....NOT!!

uuggghhh...Mathilde made a very bad choice when she selected that hat. It does look like a toupee.

Its unbelievable what some of these hats look like. Who comes up with these contraptions? Do people honestly think that they look glamorous or chic? I love hats but some of the hats they wear are absolutely hideous! I should become a hat designer if thats the case and see if I can become famous from having a royal wear something that is beyond horrible.:lol:

^^ Ewwww! That is one ugly hat! Even Maxima lacks the moxy to pull it off.

Cat

This hat worn by CP Mary isn't her prettiest. :rolleyes:

But it does go with the makeup :lol:

Actually I kinda like that hat! It's perfect with the makeup and the outfit. :D

Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom