Worst hat worn by a royal

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that hat of Princess Khaliya certainly is...erm...interesting.

In a strange way, I quite like the shape of it. I agree with you, Sofia, it would look much better if it were smaller.

that hat worn by maxima.... not the best hat for her or anyone
there has been many fether hats latley, mary, mette marit and victoria but also madeleine i think is it by any special hat maker?

I would have to say the worst hat worn by royal is the wedding hat Camilla wore, the straw type thing. 2nd place goesto Queen Beatrix and her blue and black feather hat, it was monstrous!

some of the worst ones recently have to be if the ribbons that mette-marit wore to the christening of christian and isabella - can you even call that a head piece:lol: it looked like she had gone to a shop asked for a strip of ribbon and tied in her hair. i know the fashion is all for minimal but that took it too far:ohmy::ohmy:

I really dislike this hat, worn by princess Astrid at the wedding of Willem-Alexander and Maxima

:eek: never seen that picture before, like 2 hats glued to each other.

I can not find a picture of the paper boat Laurentien wore as a hat, that was :lol:

I really dislike this hat, worn by princess Astrid at the wedding of Willem-Alexander and Maxima

I really dislike Crownprincess Mary's hat (even though it is a Philip Treacy-hat):

How curious, I LOVED that one from Mary. It didn't strike me as asymetric, horribly coloured or ridiculous as many others that have been posted here ;)

Another bad hat worn by a royal: the finger-like hat Maxima wore in Austrailia last fall (not long after she announced she was pregnant with Ariane)

Here's a picture of it from PPE, originally posted by Her Majesty

Maxima has actually surpassed Mett-Marit with the worst hat style ever - some of them i wouldnt even describe them as hats its more like a random piece of material shaped strangely plonked on her head
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Sep2007/07091803.jpg - one her worst ones in the last year

does she have a competition with herself to try to wear the strangest hats out???

Well that's just downright bizarre...what is it?? A two-hat-in-one TWOFER?? I can't believe the Princess went out with that mess on her head.

I have to nominate Sophie Wessex's strange "satellite dish" hats. At least, that's what I call them. And they're usually gray -- not sure if it's the same hat, but I've seen it at least twice.

I have to nominate Sophie Wessex's strange "satellite dish" hats. At least, that's what I call them. And they're usually gray -- not sure if it's the same hat, but I've seen it at least twice.

I actually like Sophie's style of hats...and I liked the satellite dish ones too (although they have been criticised:rolleyes:). I think they're fashionable and different, and I like the fact that she takes risks and doesn't stick with the same conservative style...hence Princess Anne.

I thought Princess Claire's hat was kind off pretty, it was different & matched her outfit nicely.

One more Belgian princess with worst hat (probably it was post before).
Princess Maria-Laura on Prince Laurent and Princess Claire wedding
http://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs20/laurentbelgium1963-76.jpg
(Worldroots)
:ohmy: looks like a lamp shade.

What a thread! Honestly, I have been laughing and appalled at the same time. Maxima, Maxima, Maxima--some of her hats are really and truly hideous. She is such a beautiful and vibrant and exuberant woman--but her hats need not be! UGH!
I do have to disagree a bit--I think that for the most part Mette-Marit has chosen lovely hats that really suit her delicate features--my biggest concern in seeing her in these posts was her outfit at Charles and Camilla's wedding--black hose and silver shoes? UGH.

Now, when I saw the title of the thread the first hat that came to mind was one Diana wore in Italy on a gondola. It was this turquoise hat with a wide, turned up brim. It was hideous--really--its imprinted in my brain. We can blame 80's fashion to a degree, but common sense should have some responsibility as well. I cannot find a photo--perhaps someone knows where one can be located?

What a thread! Honestly, I have been laughing and appalled at the same time. Maxima, Maxima, Maxima--some of her hats are really and truly hideous. She is such a beautiful and vibrant and exuberant woman--but her hats need not be! UGH!
I do have to disagree a bit--I think that for the most part Mette-Marit has chosen lovely hats that really suit her delicate features--my biggest concern in seeing her in these posts was her outfit at Charles and Camilla's wedding--black hose and silver shoes? UGH.

Now, when I saw the title of the thread the first hat that came to mind was one Diana wore in Italy on a gondola. It was this turquoise hat with a wide, turned up brim. It was hideous--really--its imprinted in my brain. We can blame 80's fashion to a degree, but common sense should have some responsibility as well. I cannot find a photo--perhaps someone knows where one can be located?

I agree, very ugly. She has never worn it again and we know why :D.
Here are some pictures :
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom