Wedding of William & Catherine: Royal Fashions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
Please discuss the Royal Fashions and share your the best and worst Royal wedding outfits worn at the Wedding of HRH Prince William of Wales and Miss Catherine Middleton.

Thanks and Happy Posting!

Warren, wbenson & Zonk
British Forum Moderators

Last edited:
Royal Wedding: What Will the Royal Guests be Wearing?

What do you think they other royals be wearing?

Such as:
Maxima?
Mathilde?
Queen Margethe?
Queen Sonja?

Or find an out fit that you think would go well for this wedding?

^ do we even know if these people are attending?

Maxima and QMargerthe are attending. No word on Mathilde as far as I know.

What's the dresscode for the Ladies?

Long dresses + tiaras?
or
Suits/ dresses + hats?

Lady Felicity M said:
What do you think they other royals be wearing?

Such as:
Maxima?
Mathilde?
Queen Margethe?
Queen Sonja?

Or find an out fit that you think would go well for this wedding?

I expect Maxima and Mathilde to be stylish as they always are. Queen Margethe wore her green satin to CP Victoria's wedding last year. If Mabel Wisse comes, let's hope she wears something pretty this time. She was a disaster at CP Victoria's wedding last year.

Since this event requires a hat, does that mean Queen Sofia & Princess Letizia (never seen in a hat) will turn up in one? I have no doubt that Queen Sofia & Letizia will turn up in great suits.

Princess Maxima I think would wear a great hat as she has worn in the past, lets just hope if she chooses Natan as the designer for her suit/outfit he does a good job.

Since this event requires a hat, does that mean Queen Sofia & Princess Letizia (never seen in a hat) will turn up in one? I have no doubt that Queen Sofia & Letizia will turn up in great suits.

Princess Maxima I think would wear a great hat as she has worn in the past, lets just hope if she chooses Natan as the designer for her suit/outfit he does a good job.
Probably. Queen Sofia wore some small flower-decoration in her hair at the Crown Princely Weddings in the Netherlands and Belgium where it was the same dresscode.

Crown Princess Margarita of Romania said in a recent interview that she was wearing something coral.

As it's a morning weddding the attire will be for the Ladies: Suits/dresses and Hats. For the gentleman: suits.

Please note that this thread will be opened on Thursday, April 28th.

I disagree, I think Chelsea will look stunning in those dresses. The design of the dresses takes into account her curves and accentuates them. I'm sure she will look sensational.

Description of the what the Spanish royals (Queen, Prince & Princess) will wear
see here

I can't wait to see her! I'd love to see a picture of her with Harry but I doubt it'll happen.

Honestly the only reason I'm watching this wedding is for the dress, jewelry (tiara) and the outfits....especially the all the hats. I'd love to see Letizia in a hat because I don't think she's ever worn one. I have a feeling she's going to be one of the best dressed. Also looking forward to Maxima's hat.

I love the new black and white photo of Kate and William. I'm getting so excited for this wedding.

I don't know where to put this, but Alberta Ferretti confirmed that he made two dresses for Chelsy. He also released the designs.

Chelsy Davy's TWO Alberta Ferretti Royal Wedding dresses | Marie Claire

I'd be upset if my designer released my outfits before I wore them! The gown is nice, colors is kind of dark. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I hope there's a jacket for the dress. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I too am really looking forward to the outfits of the guests and in particular the hats. I love the tradition of hats at English weddings and wish it was a feature of Australian weddings too. Excited to see how this wedding will influence wedding fashion generally (as Sophie Wessex' wedding re-introduced fascinators)!

Royal wedding: Prince William marries in Irish Guards red - Telegraph

Prince William will be married in the famous red tunic of the Irish Guards today as senior royals don full military uniform for the occasion.

Other senior members of the Royal family will also wear full military dress to the service. The Duke of Edinburgh will wear a Garter sash with his Grenadier Guards uniform, which consists of a scarlet tunic similar to his grandson’s. The Duke of York - Rear Admiral in the Royal Navy - will also sport a Garter sash, as will the Earl of Wessex, the Duke of Gloucester and the Duke of Kent, who will all be wearing their military dress.

Queen Sofia will dress Margarita Nuez's design, in blue color and with print of flowers and a headpiece.

Princess Letizia will dress a Felipe Varela design, a muslin dress in pink clay. Gloves, Magrit's shoes and a hat design of Pablo y Mayaya.

:: FELIPE VARELA ::
Magrit Shop · The Spanish shoes brand online store
Pablo Y Mayaya

Prince Felipe will wear a uniform of gala of the Navy, with the Band of the Victorian Order of the United Kingdom, the Great Cross of this British order and four Spanish decorations: the Golden Fleece and the big crosses of Carlos III, the Military Merit and the Naval Merit.

Last edited:
Queen Sofia will dress Margarita Nuez's design, in blue color and with print of flowers and a headpiece.

Princess Letizia will dress a Felipe Varela design, a muslin dress in pink clay. Gloves, Magrit's shoes and a hat design of Pablo y Mayaya.

:: FELIPE VARELA ::
Magrit Shop · The Spanish shoes brand online store
Pablo Y Mayaya

Prince Felipe will wear a uniform of gala of the Navy, with the Band of the Victorian Order of the United Kingdom, the Great Cross of this British order and four Spanish decorations: the Golden Fleece and the big crosses of Carlos III, the Military Merit and the Naval Merit.
As much as it will be interesting to see Letizia in a hat, I was kind of looking forward for her and QSofia to wear mantillas.:whistling:

His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales is wearing the Royal Navy Number One Dress (Ceremonial) to the wedding of Prince William and Miss Catherine Middleton. The Prince of Wales has held the rank of Admiral of the Royal Navy since 2006.

about The Prince of Wales uniform and decorations

www.officialroyalwedding2011.org

Princess Maxima will wear a hat of Fabienne delvigne and het clothes will be Valentino.

i'm dying to see how the royals will be dressed...especially CP Victoria!

QSofia looks really good! But her aversion towards hats is showing again. She wears a loveley fascinator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom