Wedding of William & Catherine: Royal Fashions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Oh but I really couldn't abide it if they changed. Each BRF wedding is a symphony of hats. Hat's that are gorgeous and hats that are worn by gorgons, hats that are to die for and hats that look like something died, hats that are heinous and hats that are hilarious.

Still, I wish the BRF would schedule their weddings later in the day!
(For the sake of those of us in the USA who have to get up so early!) :lol:

I loved Victoria Beckham's hat. I thought it was divine. Best overall look is between her, Lalla, Countess of Wessex, and Zara Phillips. Zara looked very much a princess.

So Hello Mag had Charlene Wittstock and CP Letizia at neck and neck for their outfits at the Abbey?

So did I. One minute I think I like Letizia's better, then Charlene's...I just can't make up my mind.

Both were simply divine. :whistling:

Lalla Salma is gorgeous, but I did NOT like her outfit at Westminster Abbey at all!

Just off topic - don't we have "smilies" anymore !

I usually like Mathilde's outfits, but this one seems to be a 80's nightmare... just awful...

Still, I wish the BRF would schedule their weddings later in the day!
(For the sake of those of us in the USA who have to get up so early!) :lol:

But that wouldn't suit Australians who can sit down and have dinner and watch things - and she is our Queen not yours - yes I know she is also Queen of Canada but...I am Australian.

But that wouldn't suit Australians who can sit down and have dinner and watch things - and she is our Queen not yours - yes I know she is also Queen of Canada but...I am Australian.

I'm in the U.S. and I only got up 2 hours earlier than usual. Of course, I wasn't too terribly interested in the coverage of starting the car for the Royal procession to the Abbey.:ROFLMAO: Not a problem for me!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
For everyone who continues to use the clothing description "80s nightmare", get ready to wear those styles again...they're coming back!

I am probably very old-fashioned, but I think that for Royal Weddings it is a bit discouretous for guests to wear large and/ or unusual hats. Smaller hats [I didn't say 'small' hats, I just mean 'regular-sized hats'] to me seem to the way forward in my very humble opinion. This is because large hats - although they can look glorious - do tend to impact on the views of others. It doesn't matter so much at smaller weddings because (for example) If you find yourself sitting behind a guest with a Beatrice-type monstrosity, you can usually 'position' yourself slightly so that your view of proceedings is no longer obscured; at a Royal Wedding [or other 'Important' wedding] space is usually at a premium and so you can't move. William and Catherine's wedding was a little unusual for the 'ordinary' guests, if I can use that word - i.e. I mean those who were not 'friends / family' because one of the guests yesterday [the Chief Executive of Centre Point from memory] revealed that his admission card placed him only in a specific 'Area', not a specific seat, and so within this defined area, you could 'seat yourself'. Most important Official Chuch services I have attended have always included an assigned seat number, so if I find yourself sitting behind someone with a towerering hat........I just have to grin and bear it.

With regard to Beatrice's hat, I see from the papers that some 'fashion-istas' are saying that her sartorial mishap was the direct result of not having a mother present to say 'Eeeek, you can't wear that for a Royal Wedding, think of everyone else who has to see round you'. Mind you, my response to that was that the designer who created it [Philip Treacy or have I misremembered?] as a couture milliner should have reminded her himself.

Incidentally, I have the honour to be in the Royal Enclosure at Royal Ascot each year, and if you turn up in a hat that is likely to obscure people's views too much, the officials remind you that it is a breach of good manners and won't let you into the Royal Enclosure, only the Paddock and Grandstand.

Alex

Well, you got some of it right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey. bertie, didn't you say you were going to be watching some big sporting event instead of the wedding? ;)

Hey. bertie, didn't you say you were going to be watching some big sporting event instead of the wedding? ;)

I did - I had a lovely evening at the football. We had an agreement for two weeks prior to the game that if anyone mentioned the wedding they had to contribute $10 for the game time drinks and food - strangely enough we had nothing in the kitty but we had a great evening together.

I was simply pointing out that the timing of the wedding suits Australians - not that I watched it.

I'm in the U.S. and I only got up 2 hours earlier than usual. Of course, I wasn't too terribly interested in the coverage of starting the car for the Royal procession to the Abbey.:ROFLMAO: Not a problem for me!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
For everyone who continues to use the clothing description "80s nightmare", get ready to wear those styles again...they're coming back!

Not me!
I was a glutton for punishment and woke up at 2:30 a.m.
(Guests were arriving at 3:30 so I wanted to be ready!)

I never went to sleep. I woke up six am on thursday dropped kids off and went to work and stayed up for fear of missing it all together. i watched on msnbc and they had good special leading up to the event. I dozed off around 5 somethimg for about twenty minutes and woke up just in time to see her get in the car!

Royal Wedding Fashion Flops
Article

Such a funny comment on Princess Beatrice hat

Source
but the Philip Treacy fascinator she wore was greeted with almost universal horror.

Moroccan princess chosen most elegant UK royal wedding guest
Article

Last edited by a moderator:
I got up at 2:30 CST in Chicago. I had the coffee already to go, and had cookies and pie too. I was wired! LOL. The first piece of news was when I turned on Fox and saw the titles they were given.

I did like Anne's outfit itself. Very pretty coloring and very appropriate for Spring. The hat...well...it was better than Beatrice's..lol.

more pictures???

Does anyone have a good source of pictures of the non-famous guests?

I've seen several very good pictures taken at the North Door, but I never find more than one or two.

Ideas?

Thank you!

Julie

Sorry if these have already been posted but there are some nice pics of the royal guests summarised here;

Men: The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Let's Hear It For The Boys: The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge's Wedding

Windsor ladies: The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Fashion Awards: Windsors at the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge's Wedding

I do have questions, can anyone confirm the Orders each of the Windsor Dukes + Princes Edward and Michael are wearing, and what each of their uniforms represent?: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-IHvRPik_jIk/Tb10wNNSnhI/AAAAAAAACQE/v_YCK0q-T7k/s1600/WindsorMeninUniform.jpg

I think both Charlene and Maxima stole the show of royal guest fashion. I also really like Letizia's dress.

Best dressed royal females at the wedding were Princess Victoria and Princess Ameerah, Ameerah also had the best hair; whoever did it should have lent Kate their expertise.

Best dressed royals at the wedding were HM the Queen, Princess Charlene, Princess Maxima, Princess Victoria and Princess Letizia. Best dressed non-royal was Kate's Mum, Carol Middleton.

Last edited:
I have asked on several occasions who styles the Swedish Royal Princesses hair- is Sacha Breuer the one who does it most of the time, or was it just for Catherine and Williams's Wedding?

I have asked on several occasions who styles the Swedish Royal Princesses hair- is Sacha Breuer the one who does it most of the time, or was it just for Catherine and Williams's Wedding?

Victoria uses often local hairdresses at her visits. During hers and Daniel´s visit to German in May she used a local hairdresser, and also during their visit to Turku/Finland in September. Victoria´s wedding hairdo (at her own wedding) was done by Peter Andersson. He did all Victoria´s hairdos during the wedding week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom