Wedding of William & Catherine: Royal Fashions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poll : Royal Fashions at the Wedding of William & Catherine

What is the most beautiful, elegance and noble?

Queen Elizabeth II
Queen Margrethe
Queen Sonja
Queen Sofia
Grand Duchess Maria Teresa
CP Mathilde
CP Maxima
CP Letizia
CP Victoria
Sophie Wessex
Camilla
Princess Beatrice
Princess Eugiene
Mrs.Middleton
Princess Marie Chantal
Princess Tatiana

Josefine said:
who won the hat contest?
i like victorias outfit with the hat and all, but the hat itself would be boring
were victoria one of few with a big hat?

Only saw pics of Victoria from the back so I am waiting for more before deciding- but for over the top Bea won! Zara's hat was kinda cool and zany too

According to my opinion the most elegant and most elegant ladies:

Queen Elizabeth II
CP Victoria
CP Maxima
Mrs. Middleton

Last edited:
Anne- Was that the living room curtains??

Beatrice & Eugenie-SHRIEEEEK! :bang:

HM-Beautiful

Camilla: Bleah, the hip area was awful

Mother of the Bride: Lovely

The Bride: EXQUISITE!! :flowers:

I thought Victoria's dress was a bit too tight & unflattering though great color.
Mathildes shoes are hideous IMO & the shine of her suit would work for the evening.

what did fahion experts on amarican and bristish television say about the guests outfits?

Ahh it was Mathilde in the blue outfit, I thought it was Letizia at first.
Anyone seen Tatiana yet?

So far i'll be going with (for foreign royals)
1; Charlene Wittstock.
2; Princess Maxima
3; Princess Mathilde
4; Lalla Salma
5; Princess Victoria (stunning, but it's a wedding, not the beach)
6; Princess Letizia

From the BRF;
1; Camilla
2; Autumn Phillips
3; Princess Anne
4; Lady Helen Taylor
5; Zara Phillips (Grey, come on girl?)
6; Princess Eugenie
7; Princess Beatrice

Carole Middleton looked boring, and Pippas unimaginative bridesmaids dress didn't suit her, she was waddling like a fish down the aisle. I adored how cute the flower girls and page boys looked.

The Queen - quite bright but her usual elegant self
The Duchess of Cornwall - it was ok but somehow expected more
Carole Middleton - looked lovely - perfect outfit for mother of the bride:flowers:

I liked the outfit Sophie was wearing - she looked very elegant.
Princess Anne - great colour and was ok
Beatrice - nice dress - awful hat/fascinator thing:ohmy:
Eugenie - really didn't like this outfit:sad:

CP Victoria - very elegant - one of the best dressed there
CP Mathilde - ok, but a bit shiny
Charlene Wittstock - nice outfit, very appropriate and a great colour for her

Pippa Middleton - looked fantastic - made her waist look super tiny:)

At least we had no trouser/skirt suits. ;)

I thought Letizia was the best dressed of the foreign royals. I had high hopes for Victoria, but I thought the dress was too tight or something. :confused:
As for the British royals, like everyone else I was mystified by Beatrice and Eugenie. I loved Kate's dress, plain and simple. I don't care for the bouquet, though.

Beatrice dress was lovely but...not to her..she is young..she has now a beautiful body, a dress would suit her mucht more...they should contract a stylish very quickly...

Could someone post pictures of all of the above? I didn't see all of them, and the ones I did see I didn't see very well, so it's hard to vote right now. It would be nice to have a picture of each outfit all in the same place. :flowers:

I'll start with some pictures from Getty:

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected Margrethe
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected Maxima
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected Maria Teresa
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected Sofia and Letizia
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected Sonja (but it's not very good; it's from the side and Harald's partly blocking her - anyone have a better one?)
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected Carole, QEII, and Camilla
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected Bea and Eugenie
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected Victoria

Does anyone have Mathilde, Sophie, Anne-Marie, Tatiana, Marie-Chantal, or a better one of Sonja? I didn't see any of the Greeks at all, ever.

Well if they get bored at the party this evening, they can always toss canapes through Beatrice's hat. :ROFLMAO::whistling:

Charlene Wittstock looked amazing!

Anne and Eugenie--prints hardly ever work in a setting like this, and they proved this again today.

Beatrice and Eugenie need a style makeover--period.

Carole Middleton looked great.

Pippa looked great, too, especially cute surrounded by the gaggle of little bridesmaids and pageboys.

The Duchess of Cambridge looked fabulous--I LOVE lace!

Everyone else, to my mind, looked OK.

Letizia in a hat!! I think it is a lovely look.
I agree, she looks lovely. Great dress that I hope to see again in the future.:flowers:

Hmmmm.... Not liking the shiny and the shoes
I'm right there with you. Shiny fabrics are not a favorite of mine. The color though is nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't like many of the hats; for one thing, they were simply too large! Princess Michael, Karen Gordon, Sophie Wessex, Zara...it was impossible to discern their features under the hats. I'm not sure how they could see anything.

Also- I didn't feel that Prince Edward should have worn a military uniform when he never served. (I believe he flunked out of the Royal Marines).
I realize he is entitled as an honorary officer, but somehow it seems wrong to me. The other men earned their right to the uniform.

Oh thank you, thank you! Best dressed Royal for me (aside from bride)!!!!!!!

CP Victoria's outfit is a nice color, but far too tight, imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say that the worst thing about Eugenie's jacket is that the fit isn't good, with a better fit, a bit shorter sleeves and without those bows in front it would look better. The colour suits her, and a knee-length pencil skirt instead of the "balloon" skirt it would have been a much better choice.

Anne- Was that the living room curtains??

Beatrice & Eugenie-SHRIEEEEK! :bang:

HM-Beautiful

Camilla: Bleah, the hip area was awful

Mother of the Bride: Lovely

The Bride: EXQUISITE!! :flowers:

I agree to ALL you said except for Pcs Anne. We saw her worst...

I liked most Victoria and Letizia.
There´s a great aura round Victoria, she is a very special person. The dress and the hat were lovely. She looked sexy in a suitable way. And her hairdo was nice. Victoria´s hat is from Kittys Hattar in Stockholm, according to SvenskDam.
Diario Femenino
Letizia´s dress was lovely and the colour suited her so well. The hat was a positive surprise, I think that it suited to tiny Letizia greatly. A big hat would have been a catastrophe. The hairdo suited the hat. The shoes were good.
Diario Femenino
Back view of the hat, absolutely beautiful.
Daylife

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom