Wedding of William & Catherine: Royal Fashions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a picture of Lady Sarah Chatto? I saw walk into Westminster but I 've not seen a still photo of her. I really liked her dress...gunmetal grey with a 50s style I believe (unless I was looking at someone else).

My take:

Worst-dressed: Beatrice. Very, very, very bad. The coat was horrid, the hat was frightening.

Best-dressed: Maxima, which is not something I usually say about her. The whole ensemble was very, very classy. 2nd Place is a tie between Sofia and Letizia.

Things that made me say WHY?!: Margrethe - seriously, she JUST WORE THAT TWO WEEKS AGO. Doesn't she have other clothing? And the hat is awful anyway. Samantha Cameron - can you say UNDERDRESSED? Sonja - creamy white and dark red don't match.

Does anyone have Anne-Marie or Tatiana? I haven't seen Tatiana at all, and all I got of AM was a back view partially blocked by her husband. Or Sonja? I saw her on TV and was immediately struck that her outfit didn't match, but the only picture I have isn't very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
All 5 of those men have worn uniforms for regiments that they haven't served in, isn't that as phoney as you suggest Edward is?
HM has worn military uniforms before, and she has only ever been an honourary member of the Womens Auxilary Territoral Forces.

Like I said, would you say this about Anne and Edward when they turn up to the remembrance service wearing uniforms to honour the military dead, but as you point out they have never served?

I believe it is different for the Queen; she is the sovereign and therefore the head of all the military branches, at least symbolically.

Yes, the other men have worn uniforms for regiments they haven't served in, but my point is that they have actually performed military service. So it doesn't bother me.

(I can't explain, but it really doesn't bother me as much in Anne's case, either, since it just seems symbolic. She's kind of playing dress-up, in a sense.

BUT, for some reason I hate to see Edward swanking around in uniform when I know for a fact that he washed out! (Yes, he was allowed to resign, but I did read that his commanding officer at the time advised that he be allowed to do so).

I know that if I were in the military, Edward is the last person I'd want as my Colonel, honorary or not.

Are there any photos of Mozah of Qatar? I thought she and the Emir were supposed to be attending the wedding.

Seriously, you have an issue solely with Edward wearing a uniform because he was forced in the forces through tradition and then was forced to "flunk" out because he had known damn well that the situation wouldn't suit him? Edward served for 4 months, obviously decided that the situation didn't suit him and asked to leave? Is there something so wrong about that?

It doesn't seem like you have a problem with Edward in a uniform, more Edward in general perhaps? As you see Anne as playing dress up and The Queen by your say so is allowed to wear military uniforms due to her role.

It's been a long day, think I must be getting a bit cranky. I'll bow out before I say something too crazy and go get myself a cup of tea before bedybies. Opinions differ of course. ;)

Last edited:
Margarethe wear something else for a change. I'm tired of seeing her in light blue.

The York sister, did their best, to look the worst. Take your pick. Victoria is lovely, but the dress is too tight. Maxima lloked the best. Sophie's hate was also, ugly, but her suit was lovely. Camilla's hat is just terrible. She looked, okay, she is not elegant. Anne was a disaster, as usual. Was Zara there?

Catherines Evening Gown.

Margrethe likes to recycle, the outfits she wears are lovely. She could have worn something crazier then we'd be moaning about her wearing something as horrid as Mabel did last year.

Zara was there yes.

Crownprincess Victoria looked fantastic imo both today and last night and i love the tight dress today - she looks sexy but in an understated way that i find appropriate.

Beatrice dress is good but the "hat" is pure horror and totally destroys it all as it´s all you look at... Her sister is not much better with both horrible blue dress and "hat"

Nice to see letizia in a hat but i don´t like her outfit (or the hat) so much, but i loved her dress last night - it was fab!

I´m dissapointed that BBC choosed to ignore the foreign royals and showed cars that you couldn´t see into anyway - they could atleast have shown the royals once, i mean we got to see Elton John, Ian Thorpe and the Beckhams atleast 4-5 times... But it was a beautiful wedding.

Best dressed royals:
-Maxima
-Victoria
-Camilla

Worst dressed royals:
-Beatrice
-Anne
-Margarethe
-Mathilde

Charlene at the wedding looked like she still had the coat hanger on her dress!

Daniel looked great, loved the double-breasted vest and his tie that was close in color to Victoria's dress

I can only find the back of Queen Anne Marie. I'm not sure the Nikolaos & Tatiana were invited to the wedding; only the pre-wedding dinner. I don't see any pictures of her.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/thumbs/Apr2011/PPE11042931.jpg

Yeah, that's the AM problem I'm having - either it's the back or the side, and Constantine is blocking her. :sad:

Thank you fairy tale! :flowers: Although I sort of wish I hadn't seen these...the mismatch is much worse from the front! :nonono:

I'm dissapointed that BBC choosed to ignore the foreign royals and showed cars that you couldn´t see into anyway - they could atleast have shown the royals once, i mean we got to see Elton John, Ian Thorpe and the Beckhams atleast 4-5 times... But it was a beautiful wedding.

Me too, rop81! I'm so annoyed about this. :bang: I was watching NBC and ABC and not BBC, but it wasn't any different. The arrivals are the highlight for me, and I pretty much missed it. You couldn't see the occupants of the cars hardly at all, and we were going to spend the whole morning looking at Carole, William, Kate, Charles, etc. Would have been much more interesting (I think even for non-royal-watchers) to watch the royals arrive.

Also, does anyone have a Margarita of Romania photo? She's one of my favorites, and absolutely all I've seen of her is a shot of the whole crowd in the church.

Last edited:
-Beatrice wore a nice dress, but blew a good look with her antlers fascinator, and she could have brushed her hair, and tied it up nicely.

-Eugenie had her hair in a nice bun, but looked terrible, otherwise. That dress was a shocker, and that fascinator looked like a dead bird of paradise :eek: It would help Beatrice's and Eugenie's images so much, if they could just dress better :bang:

Bea's coat/frock ensemble was extremely nice design...color not so good. Turq or mint would have been more flattering.

Eugenie is trying too hard.

HOWEVER, these very young ladies are trying to find a style for themselves. As I have said before, they don't, at this point, care about fit or flattery --- it's all about "fashion". Chelsy is in that pot as well.

THE PRINCESS ROYAL got herself a new outfit but gets nothing but digs. It could have been a recycle, but I think the hat is new. Great colors!

Kate looks great. But...I wonder why the wedding gown and the 2nd dress both have "cones". She's not supposed to be a material girl!

Last edited:
cones haha!a cute way to say! I think she wants something relaxing and not tight? probably cos shes nervous about the whole wedding, she needs to breathe!!!

oh yea, any idea what brand of the handbag Queen was holding earlier? Was that hermes?

im searching for Sheikha Mozah, still nothing yet..

Has anyone seen a full length shot of Marie Chantal?

I had to look up Philip Treacy's Shop it is amazing. I loved all his hats and was finding so many Bea and Eugenie could have worn. I wonder how much his hats cost I saw many that were worn by the Royals today on his website in various fabrics. The hats are breathtaking.

Is it really that hard to find an attractive hat it seems the royals are all trying to out do each other with their head gear. Just like in fashion just because a designer makes the hat or in the cases above with the fascinators doesn't mean you should wear it.

Does anybody have pictures of the fronts of Autumn, Zara, Gabriella, and Anne-Marie's outfits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom