Wedding of Albert and Charlene: Guests and Fashions and the Wedding Celebrations

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why Stephanie's wearing white.

I don't think Mathilde looked great...she wears strong colors that do not suit her IMO.

Love Mary in the pink dress. Victoria, Marie and Madeleine looked beautiful at the dinner.
Stephanie is wearing silver lace over grey or bronze lining.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frelinghighness said:
Charlotte looks a lot like her late grandmother in "catch a thief". Thank goodness Caroline is bringing out the jewels. Andrea's girlfriend disapoints in many respects.
Highly dissapointed in Cp Mary outfits. Princess Victoria lovely but seems to be hiding something, I Hope.
Madeline, the star of the evening.

As a woman, I try to be fair to about other women's beauty. I think HRH Princess Madeleine of Sweden would have to really hard try to look bad - she is a truly natural, always-radiant beauty. She does remind me of a younger Grace Kelly, aka HSH Princess Grace of Monaco.

HRH Prince Carl Philip of Sweden appears of a short stature in a few pix of him taken today. Is HRH really shorter than his younger sister, HRH Princess Madeleine of Sweden, and many of the princesses of European royal houses/families, or did stylish high heels of today make him seem shorter than he is? Anyone know how tall he is? Although very handsome, he seemed to fade into the background of the festivities in Monaco yesterday.

HRH Prince Carl Philip of Sweden appears of a short stature in a few pix of him taken today. Is HRH really shorter than his younger sister, HRH Princess Madeleine of Sweden, and many of the princesses of European royal houses/families, or did stylish high heels of today make him seem shorter than he is? Anyone know how tall he is? Although very handsome, he seemed to fade into the background of the festivities in Monaco yesterday.

Carl Philip is 179 cm, Daniel 180 cm, Victoria 168 cm and Madeleine 170 cm.
Carl Philip´s trousers looked odd in the evening:
Hellomagazine

A former German swimmer Franziska van Almsick looked very beautiful:
Daylife
Daylife

Naomi Campbell in the evening. Very tacky. She was even worse than Madeleine.
Daylife
Daylife

Victoria´s hairdo:
Daylife
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2294/newscomspnphotosthree59.jpg

Beatrice was stunning imo. Tatiana was such a disappointment though, I hoped she'll dress way better...

Completely agree with this.

Pierre's girlfriend, Countess Beatrice Borromeo, looked very very chic at the wedding ceremony. Tatiana Santo Domingo, not so much...She looked a bit messy actually.

LadyFinn said:
Carl Philip is 179 cm, Daniel 180 cm, Victoria 168 cm and Madeleine 170 cm.
Carl Philip´s trousers looked odd in the evening:
Hellomagazine

A former German swimmer Franziska van Almsick looked very beautiful:
Daylife
Daylife

Naomi Campbell in the evening. Very tacky. She was even worse than Madeleine.
Daylife
Daylife

Thanx for the info on HRH Prince Carl Philip of Sweden's height. I have only been acquainted with metric system at a distance. But I have enough sense to know that at 179 cm, HRH CP is 9 cm taller than younger sister, HRH Princess Madeleine of Sweden, who stands at 170 cm.

Fashion wise IMO was quite disappointing. MM was far the best dressed and best overall. The rest of royals either tried to hard and got the look wrong like Mary's hat and others went elegent but tried to keep it simple with a simple hat like Caroline of Monaco. Victoria's outfit was pretty but hair was messy, something you would expect from Maxima. Stephanie's dress was a bit too girl but loved her daughter Pailina's dress.

Ira von Fürstenberg in the evening
Bekia
Michelle Yeoh with Jean Todt. What a ring she has!
Bekia

Wasn't the Grand-Duchesse Maria Teresa on the Dinner?

Everybody looked stunning and fashion-wise, saw very little mistakes. Charlotte's church outfit was rather pretty to me. I didn't really like the top because it emphazises the fact that she's got broad, thin shoulders with little breast but she still looked gorgeous. Her evening outfit was a hit aswell.
Beatrice Borromeo' outfits were just amazing. What a fine dresser she is. Tatiana looked too much like a hippie, per usual.

Caroline and Stephanie looked great aswell. Credit to Pauline for making that hideous Chanel blue sweater dress look great. First time someone has done that. And Camille looked very pretty.
Love Madeleine's hair color, it looks fantastic on her.

But the top credit goes to Charlene who was just stunning on both her days.

Wasn't Maria Theresa at the evening bal?

Last edited:
church ceremony:

maxima: i just love this. i think the colour and the fitting is just perfect.
mette marit: nice hairpiece, but the dress is very typical, nothing special.
madeleine: i very much liked the beige dress she chose. very feminine although maybe a bit overdone with the hairdo.
victoria: okay but... the hair ruined it. such a shame.
mathilde: lovely hairpiece, but the dress looks like what someone older would wear.
mary: i love the colour combination.
marie, claire: rather boring.
lalla soukaina: i just loved seeing her. whatever she was wearing, it was an ocassion to see how much she had changed from the last ocassions when she was pictured! what a change. she's not recognisable!
maria margarita: wow. she looked great! the dress definitely did suit her.
maria teresa: definitely not the type of dress for her.
clotilde looked lovely. fierce dress!

while i was a bit disappointed at the earlier events, i think the most ladies looked stunning at the gala dinner after the church ceremony. it's also nice to see all the guests arrived not with their couples but with someone else...

gala dinner:

charlene: so pretty and simple.
caroline wore a lovely dress, great colour but i don't think her arms are the best asset, i think something a bit longer on the sleeves would have done her good. amazing jewel match though.
charlotte: i loved this. i love the cape and love how the dress flows. a big yes for me.
beatrice borromeo: she was flawless at any of the events. just perfection. i loved her day outfit also.
tatiana: much better in the gala dinner than during the church event.
mary: great colour and perfect fit.
marie: i'm not so fond of the upper part, but isn't the skirt a dream?
victoria: lovely. nice stonework in the dress.
mette marit: okay, but nothing special.
clotilde: gorgeous dress. not so fond of the hairdo.
margarita: pure perfection. i wish the make up would have been different.
maxima: i adore. the fabric is amazing. it looks very valentino to me?
claire: nice!

by the way, any pictures of lalla soukaina at the gala event?

Any pictures of Grand Duchess Maria Teresa and King Albert at the gala dinner?

I was so happy to see Princess Siriwanwaree of Thailand there -- she is such an exquisite beauty! My other favorites were Princess Mary of Denmark, Princess Michael of Kent (what a style goddess!) and -- a pleasant, big surprise -- Charlene's mom. All of them so chic!

I like the pink dress Charlotte wore to the wedding. At first, like almost always with Charlotte's choices, I go, errrr...she could have done better! But then like always, it grows on me until I get to really like it. Very edgy choice and then a safer one for dinner. Her makeup and headpiece at the wedding were to die for though.

Alexandra's such a sweetheart! I've always said she was going to turn out to be a beauty. I totally approve that she wore flats to the wedding...I just never really like seeing kids wear heels.

Pauling and Camille looked perfect as well. I think Pauline looks better with her hair down though as that softens her features better.

Anyone else notice how the royal guests always, always smile perfectly and look good at all angles? They project themselves really well and it shows that they're the ones with the most experience in these kinds of things. :D

I'm missing her too! Also I couldn't find any pics of the Princess of Liechtenstein.:sad:

Sophie is visible in a pic where Georg Friedrich is in the front. She wears a darbkblue gown and the fringe tiara.

Thanks Stefan, but I still couldn't find her :bang:. But I will keep looking at all pics of Georg Friedrich.
Btw, do you know wich order he is wearing? I was laughing at the pic of him with Princess Astrid, his sash matching perfectly with her dress. The same goes for Mary and Philipe, her belt had exactly the colour of the Belgium order sash.

Thanks Stefan, but I still couldn't find her :bang:. But I will keep looking at all pics of Georg Friedrich.
Btw, do you know wich order he is wearing? I was laughing at the pic of him with Princess Astrid, his sash matching perfectly with her dress. The same goes for Mary and Philipe, her belt had exactly the colour of the Belgium order sash.
It's the prussian black eagle Order.
Here is the pic. You can recognize her in the background but only if you know it's her.
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/11...96412347A17C533343BC1B4096D6AC16A303E9DC197E0

So great and lovely wedding ! I enjoyed it a lot and Charlene has chances to become one of my favourites princesses ! She is such a beauty !!! :)
Like an angel to me...it seems she was shy or sad...

Ah, thank you! I recognize the tiara which she also wore at Victora and Daniel's wedding.
Now I'm still wondering about GD Maria Theresa. Could the photographers really miss her, or she not attend?

Just a few quick thoughts:
Victoria looked great-the right balance between elegantly appropriate and fun
Naomi Campbell (who I really thought would pull a fashion outrage) was a hit
Queen Silvia and Empress Farah were prime examples of mature ladies who know how to dress without being fusty and dowdy-older ladies rock!
Caroline and Stephanie looked wilted and sunblasted (sorry, the Nordic sunphobe in me coming out)
Beatrice Borromeo was stunning but I actually felt sorry for poor Tatiana-someone get that girl a stylist please!
Overall I liked the fashion choices among the guests here better than at W&K in April but I still give the Royal Bride of the Year award to the Duchess of Cambridge.
Just my opinion.

Different strokes I guess...Because I thought Mary looked extremely chic today, and Frederik's vest was beautiful.

The design of Mary's dress was OK but the colour did her no favours, nor did I like the shiny material!
Shiny materials can easily look tacky :sad:!
Several of the guests were wearing strong colours in shiny materials during the event; maybe that's a current trend?

Her hat was probably a Philip Treacy thing?

Viv

I thought Mathildes evening-dress looked horrible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom