Vanity Fair's International Best-Dressed List

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we have a Royal Forum Vanity Not-fair best dressed of 2010 with only our Royals?

Actually you can vote online at Vanity Fair Magazine | Vanity Fair.
I think the online "poll" is available for public vote after they've release their list. Pretty sure Vanity Fair editors and writers make the list. Eleanor Lambert bequeathed it to the editors of Vanity Fair when she died, so they pretty much own it. "The International-Best Dressed List" is copyrighted or trademarked or something to that effect, which is why you don't see any other publication using that label.

I was pleased to see Mary on the list, and deservedly so, in my opinion. She's stylish, and that's what really matters. She dresses to suit her build, colouring, and the occasion. Of course, she does have the funds to do so, but there are many in even more favourable situations who often look quite unkempt and ill-dressed.

About Lady Gaga's being on the list....it's quite reasonable. The list is divided into sections, I understand, and she was awarded her gong in the 'most original' division. And who can argue with that?

Concerning the utterly contemptible and ugly remarks about CP Mary I followed the links to the source. Simply, it's a Mary Hatefest. She's accused of the most ludicrous things and there's much speculation about her future when her husband divorces her and forces her back to Tasmania! The children, too, are uncared for and unloved. And on and on it goes. Sadly, there are a few Australians there as the Australian slang term 'bogan' is bandied about. Actually, and as they'd know quite well, Mary is far from being an uneducated, loud, drunken and boorish thug.

May I suggest that you take your sense of humour, rather than outrage, to such pitiful sites? There is something inherently unhealthy and disturbing about such people's need to spit so much venom, and in a public forum. I'm confident that any real threats to Mary from these mental midgets have been noted.

This Vanity Fair list makes no sense to me. Many people shouldn't be on this list IMO.
One of people who deserve to be on this list are e.g. Mary of Denmark and Beatrice, Pierre Casiraghi's girlfriend.

Another quick post ----

I just found this comment on Yahoo which I thought might be of interest:

'Vanity Fair sends ballots to thousands of people, in the U.S. and abroad, believed to have the inside track on style, including designers, retailers, editors, socialites, photographers and entertainers. Amy Fine Collins, Aimee Bell and Reinaldo Herrera oversee the 71-year-old list, which the magazine inherited from the late fashion publicist Eleanor Lambert in 2004.'

How do we go about it Russophile?

As for what you read Polly with the Mary haters, isn't it obvious..when you are beautiful with a great bod and married to a gorgeous Prince and you wear lovely clothes and jewels and jet around the world,there are going to be idiots that use the word 'hate' but they must be green with envy!!:D

I'll stay at this forum thank you, right?:flowers:

Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton leads the style set on Vanity Fair Best Dressed list | Mail Online

Altough everybody has to decide for themselves regarding taking this list seriously - they usually have those people on the list who are "the flavour of the year" so to say - I think both Kate & Charlene do belong on this list.

Thankfully Letizia of Spain is off the list, no surprise not only because of the clothes she wears but also because her one encounter with world fashion (walking the steps next to Carla Bruni) is past.

Carla Bruni & Sheika Mozah certainly belong on the list, not sure about Michelle Obama or Tilda Swinton, who is more orginial than well dressed in my opinion.

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/da...vfs-2011-international-best-dressed-list.html

First Lady of France looks fierce; glad to see she is not only on the list but at the top. I don't know anything about her but she does know how to dress. I thin Princess Charlene and the Duchess of Cambridge should be closer to each other on the list; either move Kate down or Charlene up.

Duchess of Cambridge makes Vanity Fair's International Best Dressed List for fourth time, while Michelle Obama gets the chop
Dailymail.co.uk

Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, again makes Vanity Fair's best-dressed
LAtimes.com

Letizia and Madeleine also made the list.

Interesting set of photos and info on each person. This is the text for the Duchess of Cambridge

H.R.H. THE DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE
HUSBAND: H.R.H. the Duke of Cambridge.

RESIDENCES: Anglesey, Wales; Kensington Palace, London.

LABELS: Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen, Issa, Alice Temperley.

NOTABLE ENSEMBLE OF 2013: Pink Alexander McQueen coat and Jane Corbett hat, worn at the Trooping the Colour ceremony in honor of Her Majesty the Queen’s birthday.

STYLE ICON: Diana, Princess of Wales.

Issa? Since when? No mention of Jenny Packham

Pink outfit gets the main mention but no picture???

Diana as her style icon - they are making it up.

She dresses far more like Jacqueline Kennedy, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom