Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

The Most Terrible Part 4

Welcome to
The Most Terrible Part 4
Click Here

Here are some important

TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!

Royal House of Fashion Moderators

Old 06-09-2012, 01:41 AM
Heir Apparent

I thought Kate's pink dress looked awful! I don't like the fabric or the style. I also think it ages her. I love the skirt of this outfit but not the top, I think it's unusual.

Of course, Mary's recent colorful disaster deserves to be here! Victoria's silver dress is also horrendous!

Old 06-09-2012, 10:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I thought Kate's pink dress looked awful! I don't like the fabric or the style. I also think it ages her. I love the skirt of this outfit but not the top, I think it's unusual.

Of course, Mary's recent colorful disaster deserves to be here! Victoria's silver dress is also horrendous!
I actually love all the dresses in this post, except for Victoria's!
She looks like she is wearing tinfoil!

The Princess of Swaziland at the Diamond Jubilee events- these speak for themseveles-

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Fashion Awards: The Jubilee Sovereigns' Luncheon
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Fashion Awards: The Jubilee Sovereigns' Dinner

And this one-
The remains of Cookie Monster's haircut- I would not be caught dead in this!
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Fashion Awards: The Jubilee Armed Forces Parade
Can you imagine what Prince Phillip thought/said?
Old 06-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:

I have to agree on all accounts.
The pink dress looks truly horrible; it looked mildly interesting on a much older woman - Madonna - but definitely not Kate. The military style skirt and shirt is nice, but somehow feels mismatched (or perhaps, overly matched). Mary's dress... I understand the cultural reference behind it, but that doesn't stop me from being too over the top. The silver dress is horrendous. Reminds aluminium foil.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Aristocracy

i usually like what diana wears but i hated this dress
http://0.tqn.com/d/fashion/1/0/w/e/3...blue_skirt.jpg
Old 06-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:

Not looking good! For me the worst is Catherine in the prink dress, but Mary is the most disappointing as she usually always look impeccable (even if I would personally modify a thing or two). I have mixed feelings about Catherine in the blue skirt and white top - I think it as Artemisia said that it was too matchy-matchy, especially for the event. The silver dress is not nice at all, but I am not hating Victoria's look - I think it is because she herself shines so much in the photo that the clothing is not, for me, a focal point.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:

That Stella McCartney dress Catherine wore last June is truly awful. Reminded me of a bathrobe . Didn't care for that McQueen dress either. Reminded me of a military uniforms that were used in Russia before Peter the Great took over and modernized. Don't think I have to say too much on Mary's colorful horror. It speaks for itself (most unfortunately).

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
I actually love all the dresses in this post, except for Victoria's!
She looks like she is wearing tinfoil!

The Princess of Swaziland at the Diamond Jubilee events- these speak for themseveles-

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Fashion Awards: The Jubilee Sovereigns' Luncheon
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Fashion Awards: The Jubilee Sovereigns' Dinner

And this one-
The remains of Cookie Monster's haircut- I would not be caught dead in this!
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Fashion Awards: The Jubilee Armed Forces Parade
Can you imagine what Prince Phillip thought/said?
Heavens! Her attire still gives me nighmares . Truly tasteless and gaudy. I think Prince Philip had a great deal to say on her outfits. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when he was sharing his views .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:51 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar bobo Iv View Post
It was the Eighties, that's all I can say. It wouldn't have looked too bad with a long straighter skirt.....maybe.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:01 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Kate's pink dress is so far the worst piece Kate owns IMO. The color isn't bad at all on he brut what ruined it was the fabric, it was too shiny.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
It was the Eighties, that's all I can say. It wouldn't have looked too bad with a long straighter skirt.....maybe.
LOL i guess those were bad fashion years for everyone
Old 06-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I agree with Katrianna, I blame the 80s for this
Old 06-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Definitely not one of her better looks!
Old 06-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Nobility

http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagene...toria-2--z.jpg

Ι don't like Victoria dressed like this.....it is so star-like and fake......
Old 06-13-2012, 04:28 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I love Queen Beatrix, I really do.
She's a wonderful Monarch, mother, grandmother, and a woman of many other sterling qualities.
However, all that simply doesn't change the fact the outfit she wore for the first day of visit to Turkey is just atrocious.

- Front view
- Side view

What with Hayrunissa Gul's red ensemble, I'd think they are taking part in some sort of a medieval take on Red Riding Hood.
Unfortunately, President Gul spoils the effect with his suit.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Atrocious is the right word, unfortunately.
Queen Beatrix' official wardrobe, both daywear and evening dresses, consists mostly of costume-like garments which are way beyond fashion and timeless only in the sense that they would not have been fashionable in any time period.
It's probably an attempt to create an iconic regal image, and sometimes this approach works really well, but particularly her eerie Asian-inspired evening gowns often don't make sense, border on the ridiculous or, like here, even come out atrocious-looking.
Worst are the sleeves - the material looks like something Nolan Miller (who just passed away) would have used in 'Dynasty' but rejected it as being too gawdy even for the 1985 era.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:03 PM
Nobility

Poor Di. It was the 80s. We were all victims.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by padams2359 View Post
Poor Di. It was the 80s. We were all victims.
Looking back at styles from previous eras, I actually find the 70s the worst.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:08 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Looking back at styles from previous eras, I actually find the 70s the worst.
oh yeah that a very scary period every looked so dirty
Old 06-13-2012, 09:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
She's a wonderful Monarch, mother, grandmother, and a woman of many other sterling qualities.
However, all that simply doesn't change the fact the outfit she wore for the first day of visit to Turkey is just atrocious.

- Front view
- Side view

I have no words-
Hurts the eyes!
Old 06-13-2012, 10:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post

- Front view
- Side view

What with Hayrunissa Gul's red ensemble, I'd think they are taking part in some sort of a medieval take on Red Riding Hood.
Unfortunately, President Gul spoils the effect with his suit.
Wowzas . What horrors .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.