The Most Terrible Part 4

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Leggins?

LaRae

Yah.. too long (almost to the knee on most of them) to be called hot pants and too short to be called leggins. Was also popular around the time of the famous Madonna cones. :D

Here they were called Leggins, heard them called leg warmers too. It was definately the day of Madonna style (sans cones).

I still remember the MC Hammer pants!

LaRae

Here they were called Leggins, heard them called leg warmers too. It was definately the day of Madonna style (sans cones).

I still remember the MC Hammer pants!

LaRae

I remember some of them being ruffled like old fashioned pantaloons were too. Low waisted dresses and BIG hair and lotsa bling. :D

Princess Charlene at the Rose Ball.
with jacket
without.
In fact I think I will nominate her for having the craziest royal style (I think there is a separate thread). How can one woman get it so right,so wrong and so often?

Last edited:
And here is a woman averse to wearing her beautiful jewels; is that OTT ornamentation a better alternative?

Last edited:
I was a true Dianaphile during those years and thought my princess couldn't wear or do anything wrong, but I've disliked that outfit since I've first seen it. The sweater and skirt don't go together. A simple red or white top would have been much nicer with the skirt. Basic trouser/cropped pants would have looked nicer with the top. Then there's the horror of the skirt plus the socks plus the heels. Apparently this was an outfit bought from a catalog, and so perhaps it was styled this way there and Diana just copied it. Diana had a gorgeous face and figure, but even she couldn't get away with this. Horrible.

The socks...the socks...the socks...

Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Maxima's infamous Cookie Monster outfit was beyond horrendous! :eek: :eek:

Pic 2 3 4

The eye shadow was also horrid!

Pic 2 3 4

I truly don't know what to say. I don't believe that Maxima has substance abuse issues or is emotionally unstable, so she must have lost a bet. :eek:

Unbelievable.

Along with Queen Beatrix's wild, ugly, bizarre "evening gown" in Turkey, Maxima's purple fur wrap takes the (booby) prize.

Last edited:
I truly don't know what to say. I don't believe that Maxima has substance abuse issues or is emotionally unstable, so she must have lost a bet. :eek:

Unbelievable.

Along with Queen Beatrix's wild, ugly, bizarre "evening gown" in Turkey, Maxima's purple fur wrap takes the (booby) prize.

This is so tacky. Just so cheap and tacky looking. I cannot believe she looked in the mirror and then went ahead out in public. Good Lord.

Only Max can get away with the Cookie Monster look

Only Max can get away with the Cookie Monster look

I respectfully disagree. She looks absolutely ridiculous. Just because it is Maxima doesn't make it appropriate. Not trying to be mean, and just my opinion. :)

This pink outfit on Maxima is hideous! What's with those sleeves!? :eek:

Also, I was kind of disappointed that she wore this red dress on her last night as a princess. It's of course a very special event so I expected her to wear a beautiful gown however I thought the gown was bad. It's a great color but I find the overall design awful. Though, at least her jewels were stunning.

Finally, I usually love what Queen Rania wears, but this outfit is just horrible. Great color combination but awful design.

Pic 2

Last edited:

Also, I was kind of disappointed that she wore this red dress on her last night as a princess. It's of course a very special event so I expected her to wear a beautiful gown however I thought the gown was bad. It's a great color but I find the overall design awful. Though, at least her jewels were stunning.

Finally, I usually love what Queen Rania wears, but this outfit is just horrible. Great color combination but awful design.

Pic 2

OMG I have never seen the pink one - King Willem is giving her the side eye LOL I don't even understand what that thing is on Queen Raina's shoulder - a growth? A weed???

Pic 2 3 4

Pic 2

What is with Queen Silvia and this outfit!? :eek:

And this outfit is just plain funny and horrible at the same time:

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Things that Make You Go Hmm...: Queen Silvia and Her Stripes

:lol: :eek: :lol: :eek:

First outfit- just cracks me up!:lol:
Second outfit-Love color, hate sleeves.
Third outfit- Horrible!:eek::lol:

Perhaps she jokingly tried to show that she is sick and tired of everybody wearing the same LK Bennett nude colored shoes too. But this is one of the ugliest pairs of shoes I have ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom