The Most Terrible Part 4

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hasn't Martha L been known for her weird choices to events in the past?
I can remember some really hideous outfits worn by her. I guess some peoples style doesn't change.

Let's not forget Martha's pink disaster! It look like a tacky prom dress! The fabric is horrid. The only thing I like about the look is her hairstyle. Also, her infamous red and yellow dress deserves to be here! Horrendous! :eek:

Hasn't Martha L been known for her weird choices to events in the past?
I can remember some really hideous outfits worn by her. I guess some peoples style doesn't change.

I don't really have problems with Martha Louise's style; for me, she is in the same category as Mabel or Laurentien - with unique, quirky and not always save choice.

What I do mind is the choice for this specific day; it's just really, really wrong turning up in something like that for a memorial service dedicated to a tragedy that shook Norway. It just feels disrespectful - although I'm certain Martha Louise didn't mean it.

Let's not forget Martha's pink disaster! It look like a tacky prom dress! The fabric is horrid. The only thing I like about the look is her hairstyle. Also, her infamous red and yellow dress deserves to be here! Horrendous! :eek:
The pink dress I don't mind; it's too over-the-top for me, but I've seen worse.
The yellow-red one though... OK, she was attending a wedding in Spain, but was there a need to show it so obviously?

Last edited by a moderator:
Apart from the shoes, I think we're being a little harsh on Martha Louise. The dress might've been a few inches longer, but it's not like she turned up in a boob tube and thong. The colours are actually quite muted for M-L.

Oh shoot me . . . . I loved the little red and yellow number from top to bottom! :whistling:

Martha Louise at a memorial service. Yes, she really is at a memorial service.

Full View

I don't know what's more hideous, the hat, the jacket, or the shoes! Very innappropriate!

This is one terrible (and inappropriate) outfit. Very tasteless, overall.

Last edited:
For me, the disco shoes & shiny jacket are really most terrible, especially at this particular event. The snakeskin clutch doesnt help, is this a fashion show or a memorial service.
But we are talking about ML here, I guess she needs to keep up with her wacko image.

For me, the disco shoes & shiny jacket are really most terrible, especially at this particular event. The snakeskin clutch doesnt help, is this a fashion show or a memorial service.
But we are talking about ML here, I guess she needs to keep up with her wacko image.

I will give her kudos for not being afraid to be herself, however, a memorial service is not the time to go into self-expression.

More photos of the outfit, it looks even more bad than in yesterday's photos. The jacket is so glittery and the lizard shoes are horrendous.
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/files/2012/07/Bild-810.png
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/files/2012/07/Bild-1114.png

I'm trying to imagine her thought process here. Maybe she picked the grey dress for its somber color. Then decided she need a hat to match. If she stopped there she might have been ok. But the she decided she needed a jacket and found the only one in her closet that matched the hat. Let's assume she decided this at the last minute as she ran out the door without time to look at the mirror. Let's also assume she had on a nice pair of plain grey shoes. When the shoes accidentlt were sprayed with white paint by the men painting line on the street as she walked by, she was regal enough to ignore it and soldiered on.

I was a bit hesitant to put this here because as a rule, I love Queen Silvia's style. However, this fuchsia dress is truly horrible, in my opinion.
- The dress

(courtesy of Boris who posted the picture in Queen Silvia's Fashion and Style thread).

I like the pink dress of Martha Louise a lot, but then, it's my favorite color. It does not seem too voluminous, as was Princess Diana's wedding dress--just a nice fullness. The only dress I really hate that I've seen on this thread is the one where Diana is wearing a spotted dress and then has a bow of a different color tied around her hips and a burst of fabric in all directions below the bow. Diana was a tall girl, not fat but sturdy, and to put a bow around her hips is the height of awful. No wonder Prince Charles is looking disgusted.
I expected a horror when I opened up the pic of Beatrix in Turkey, but was rather pleasantly surprized by the nice colors. I think she wanted to look Turkic for the Turkish president, like a Queen of the East, and that is what she looks like. It may not be her, but she achieves the look she wanted.
If there is one thing I hate more than anything in royal dresses of recent days it is above-the-knee dresses. They are NOT appropriate on grown women, especially if they want to look regal. Kate almost always wears a skirt inches above her knees. Not tasty, although it may attract attention. Even Stephanie wore a too short skirt at Estelle's baptism, which many remarked on. I can't believe that is Stephanie's natural look, just something a designer put on her, although the rest of the outfit was nice and the fascinator was really nice.

Last edited:
Mary's paisley jumpsuit deserves to be here! Just hideous. Here is another shot.

Photos from Iceflower.

Last edited:
The paisley jumpsuit was wretched. I wonder who that pretty blonde woman is next to Mary?

I love Queen Beatrix, I really do.
She's a wonderful Monarch, mother, grandmother, and a woman of many other sterling qualities.
However, all that simply doesn't change the fact the outfit she wore for the first day of visit to Turkey is just atrocious.

- Front view
- Side view

What with Hayrunissa Gul's red ensemble, I'd think they are taking part in some sort of a medieval take on Red Riding Hood.
Unfortunately, President Gul spoils the effect with his suit.

HAHAHAHA!!!! I love Queen Beatrix also, but your description of this scenario made me laugh so hard!!!! :)
"Medieval take on Red Riding Hood"!!!!! That is classic

Martha Louise at a memorial service. Yes, she really is at a memorial service.

Full View

I don't know what's more hideous, the hat, the jacket, or the shoes! Very innappropriate!

I have no words....

Last edited by a moderator:

Wowzahs :eek:! I give her kudos for wearing what she likes, but that's just one horrid outfit. I hope whoever does the laundry, will 'accidentally' toss it in the trash.

Crown Princess Victoria is one of my favorite royals ever - I adore her, I adore Daniel, their romance, their daughter - but for the love of God, what the heck was she thinking???? What is this supposed to be??? It hurts my brain to even look at it.

I share your view.

I think this dress on Mary is horrible. The print is absolutely terrible in my opinion.

I think this dress on Mary is horrible. The print is absolutely terrible in my opinion.

I think I know what she was going for, but it did not work out - the pattern could be nice, maybe it needs sleeves? It's like the parts are better than the sum. Maybe it's me, I really do not care for strapless at all.

I actually rather like that dress; it's a different take on classic evening gowns. The chandelier earrings make a perfect finishing touch.

Back
Top Bottom