The Most Terrible Part 4

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
The Most Terrible Part 4
Click Here

Here are some important

TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators

I thought Kate's pink dress looked awful! I don't like the fabric or the style. I also think it ages her. I love the skirt of this outfit but not the top, I think it's unusual.

Of course, Mary's recent colorful disaster deserves to be here! Victoria's silver dress is also horrendous!

Last edited:
I thought Kate's pink dress looked awful! I don't like the fabric or the style. I also think it ages her. I love the skirt of this outfit but not the top, I think it's unusual.

Of course, Mary's recent colorful disaster deserves to be here! Victoria's silver dress is also horrendous!
I actually love all the dresses in this post, except for Victoria's!
She looks like she is wearing tinfoil!:eek::headache:

The Princess of Swaziland at the Diamond Jubilee events- these speak for themseveles-:eek:

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Fashion Awards: The Jubilee Sovereigns' Luncheon
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Fashion Awards: The Jubilee Sovereigns' Dinner

And this one-
The remains of Cookie Monster's haircut- I would not be caught dead in this!:eek:
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Fashion Awards: The Jubilee Armed Forces Parade
Can you imagine what Prince Phillip thought/said?;):lol:

Last edited:

I have to agree on all accounts.
The pink dress looks truly horrible; it looked mildly interesting on a much older woman - Madonna - but definitely not Kate. The military style skirt and shirt is nice, but somehow feels mismatched (or perhaps, overly matched). Mary's dress... I understand the cultural reference behind it, but that doesn't stop me from being too over the top. The silver dress is horrendous. Reminds aluminium foil.

Not looking good! For me the worst is Catherine in the prink dress, but Mary is the most disappointing as she usually always look impeccable (even if I would personally modify a thing or two). I have mixed feelings about Catherine in the blue skirt and white top - I think it as Artemisia said that it was too matchy-matchy, especially for the event. The silver dress is not nice at all, but I am not hating Victoria's look - I think it is because she herself shines so much in the photo that the clothing is not, for me, a focal point.

That Stella McCartney dress Catherine wore last June is truly awful. Reminded me of a bathrobe :eek:. Didn't care for that McQueen dress either. Reminded me of a military uniforms that were used in Russia before Peter the Great took over and modernized. Don't think I have to say too much on Mary's colorful horror. It speaks for itself (most unfortunately).

I actually love all the dresses in this post, except for Victoria's!
She looks like she is wearing tinfoil!:eek::headache:

The Princess of Swaziland at the Diamond Jubilee events- these speak for themseveles-:eek:

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Fashion Awards: The Jubilee Sovereigns' Luncheon
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Fashion Awards: The Jubilee Sovereigns' Dinner

And this one-
The remains of Cookie Monster's haircut- I would not be caught dead in this!:eek:
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Fashion Awards: The Jubilee Armed Forces Parade
Can you imagine what Prince Phillip thought/said?;):lol:

Heavens! Her attire still gives me nighmares :eek:. Truly tasteless and gaudy. I think Prince Philip had a great deal to say on her outfits. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when he was sharing his views :D.

Kate's pink dress is so far the worst piece Kate owns IMO. The color isn't bad at all on he brut what ruined it was the fabric, it was too shiny.

I love Queen Beatrix, I really do.
She's a wonderful Monarch, mother, grandmother, and a woman of many other sterling qualities.
However, all that simply doesn't change the fact the outfit she wore for the first day of visit to Turkey is just atrocious.

- Front view
- Side view

What with Hayrunissa Gul's red ensemble, I'd think they are taking part in some sort of a medieval take on Red Riding Hood.
Unfortunately, President Gul spoils the effect with his suit.

Last edited:
Atrocious is the right word, unfortunately.
Queen Beatrix' official wardrobe, both daywear and evening dresses, consists mostly of costume-like garments which are way beyond fashion and timeless only in the sense that they would not have been fashionable in any time period.
It's probably an attempt to create an iconic regal image, and sometimes this approach works really well, but particularly her eerie Asian-inspired evening gowns often don't make sense, border on the ridiculous or, like here, even come out atrocious-looking.
Worst are the sleeves - the material looks like something Nolan Miller (who just passed away) would have used in 'Dynasty' but rejected it as being too gawdy even for the 1985 era.

Poor Di. It was the 80s. We were all victims.

She's a wonderful Monarch, mother, grandmother, and a woman of many other sterling qualities.
However, all that simply doesn't change the fact the outfit she wore for the first day of visit to Turkey is just atrocious.

- Front view
- Side view

I have no words-:eek:
Hurts the eyes!

- Front view
- Side view

What with Hayrunissa Gul's red ensemble, I'd think they are taking part in some sort of a medieval take on Red Riding Hood.
Unfortunately, President Gul spoils the effect with his suit.

Wowzas :eek:. What horrors :eek:.

i usually like what diana wears but i hated this dress
http://0.tqn.com/d/fashion/1/0/w/e/3/princess_diana_blue_skirt.jpg

I think we can full a whole album with Diana's horrible outfits at the beginning of her royal "carreer"... Voluminal clothes, bows everywhere, feathers, Robin Hood hats, a whole nightmare. And matronally skirts' lenght, dramatical for the then young girl she was. Look at the pictures of the presentation of her newborns, she looked rather the granma, than the young mum!
But it was the eighties, and the then style of dressing of the then BRF!!! IMO Diana's style, really blossomed when she separated....at her 30ies.

Last edited:
I really hated this red dress on Silvia. I think it's very unusual looking. The same this goes with this pink dress. I know it was the 80's but, this yellow dress is too much! It reminds me of Diana's horredous wedding dress!

Last edited:
I really hated this red dress on Silvia. I think it's very unusual looking. The same this goes with this pink dress. I know it was the 80's but, this yellow dress is too much! It reminds me of Diana's horredous dress!
None of these dresses belong in the ‚Most terrible’ category for me at all (surprise ;)).
Dresses No. 1 and 2 are Yuki (aka Gnyuki Torimaru) designs in his signature avant-garde style which always appears to be a ‘Love it or hate it’ matter for everyone.
And No. 3 - that’s one of those fairytale gowns which back in 1985 were pretty much the height of fashion. It may look overblown now, but IMHO the combination of fairytale aspect and royal image still has its allure here, especially with the grand dress balanced by grand jewelry.
If you want to see the real royal 80s horrors, you have to look at dresses Queen Beatrix, the Spanish Infantas, or Queen Sonja wore at that time… then you’ll see what was truly ‘Most Terrible’ during that period. :cool:

Last edited:
None of these dresses belong in the ‚Most terrible’ category for me at all (surprise ;)).
Dresses No. 1 and 2 are Yuki (aka Gnyuki Torimaru) designs in his signature avant-garde style which always appears to be a ‘Love it or hate it’ matter for everyone.

I thought no 2 it is a Issey Miyake dress. Anyway, it is a very interesting dress, it does not fit well to her body!

And No. 3 - that’s one of those fairytale gowns which back in 1985 were pretty much the height of fashion. It may look overblown now, but IMHO the combination of fairytale aspect and royal image still has its allure here, especially with the grand dress balanced by grand jewelry.
Agree!! They are "dresses for Queens". Like Princess Sissi!

Martha Louise at a memorial service. Yes, she really is at a memorial service.

Full View

I don't know what's more hideous, the hat, the jacket, or the shoes! Very innappropriate!

The outfit would not have been out of place for a concert or some sort of a cheerful event.
But for a memorial dedicated to the victims of the attacks - completely inappropriate.

One of the most deserving outfits ever to enter this thread.
It's hideous and tasteless to begin with and therefore should have ended up here even if worn to some regular event.
But to wear it at the memorial service for the bombings and the massacre which are considered a national tragedy in Norway is just mind-boggling. It's not understandable how anyone with a functioning brain could have walked out like this without realizing the serious mistake.
Looking at the shoes, it's a miracle that she can walk at all - full view of the outfit from a different angle, which is just as awful:
http://s17.postimage.org/ucmrcnnpb/x610.jpg

Last edited:
And the tragedy touched her own family too. I can't understand what she was thinking by dressing like that. When she left the church, the wind took her hat and it flew away from her head...
ANP Foto
ANP Foto

And the tragedy touched her own family too. I can't understand what she was thinking by dressing like that. When she left the church, the wind took her hat and it flew away from her head...
ANP Foto
ANP Foto
Maybe it was trying to escape being associated with the rest of the outfit.

Her mother doesn't look too pleased either!

Back
Top Bottom