The Most Terrible Part 4

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: It reminds me of what neutral colored cotton candy being spun would look like. Very Max, though. :flowers:

She can be among the most stylish royal ladies when she wants but this is one of her worst looks and there have been one too many dire choices lately.

The Duchess of Cambridge in a white dress by Self Portrait

There is nothing pretty about this gown, it makes her older than her age and wider than she is. Also looks a size too big on the top half.

:previous: I would have to agree. The gown is full of contradictions and that doesn't even include the indescribable colour:

a. The neck is so high it looks like it's trying to throttle her.

b. The bodice is utterly shapeless so who knows, maybe it's supposed to look like it's two sizes too big.

c. The height of the waist is certainly not where one would expect to find it.

d. The crocheted top doesn't look like it belongs with a sheer pleated skirt.

e. Surprise! The last thing I expected from said pleated skirt was a slit to the thigh which ensured that what little style the dress had from the pleats was all just flapping in the wind in concert with her hair.

The most awfully terrible gown Catherine has ever worn.

:previous: I would have to agree. The gown is full of contradictions and that doesn't even include the indescribable colour:

a. The neck is so high it looks like it's trying to throttle her.

b. The bodice is utterly shapeless so who knows, maybe it's supposed to look like it's two sizes too big.

c. The height of the waist is certainly not where one would expect to find it.

d. The crocheted top doesn't look like it belongs with a sheer pleated skirt.

e. Surprise! The last thing I expected from said pleated skirt was a slit to the thigh which ensured that what little style the dress had from the pleats was all just flapping in the wind in concert with her hair.

The most awfully terrible gown Catherine has ever worn.

Totally agree

:previous: You called it. Strangely, Maxima is the one royal woman I know that can really strut her royal stuff in orange from head to toe and look drop dead gorgeous to boot. However, orange girly lace with the skirt is only half lined and the other half see-through . . . Oh, Max whatever were you thinking?
To make matters worse, she's having a bad hair day and just plonked her adorable hat on top of a less than elegant, hairstyle.

http://s3.reutersmedia.net/resource...&w=&fh=&fw=&ll=780&pl=468&sq=&r=LYNXMPECA10TM

On the plus side, her accessories were all orange and, with the red poppies instead of bling, it was very patriotic. Actually, if the dress had been fully lined and her hat perched atop a killer updo she might just have nailed it. Never mind, Max likes to push the envelope and every so often one of them tears.

Last edited:
Yes she has some horrible looks but she also has a lot if amazing looks. She frequently makes the top three on fashion polls. Not the worst dress Royal by far. At least she takes chances, even if some are failures, and dress dowdy like a woman twenty years older.

Letizia should be given the cup of the worst dressed royal

She's Hit/Miss, like most of them.:cool:

I find her more consistently a Hit in evening wear than in regular day wear. She tends to dress too young for her age and position in the daytime, the opposite of Stephanie of Luxembourg who dresses too old for her 32 years. They should switch!:lol:

But Letizia's hair and makeup are usually to die for.

ETA: The black/white track suit on the Queen of Spain was just awful ditto the baggy leather culottes!

Last edited:
:previous: I agree. I don't think Letizia is deserving of "the cup" because she has worn some great outfits in the past. She just sometimes gets it wrong and I also feel like sometimes she wears an appropriate outfit, but not for the appropriate occasion. The tracksuit is an example, didn't she wear that to an audience?

She's Hit/Miss, like most of them.:cool:

I find her more consistently a Hit in evening wear than in regular day wear. She tends to dress too young for her age and position in the daytime, the opposite of Stephanie of Luxembourg who dresses too old for her 32 years. They should switch!:lol:

But Letizia's hair and makeup are usually to die for.

ETA: The black/white track suit on the Queen of Spain was just awful ditto the baggy leather culottes!

She's had more misses than hits and seems to be a tad clueless at times,mind you its nothing a proper stylist couldn't sort out.

I was hoping Letizia would donate all her hideous leather gear to Infanta Pilar's Rastrillo Nuevo Futuro :D.

I think we can write some of the evening looks in Sweden off to fairly casual evening events - particularly the second evening. JMO, of course.

Back
Top Bottom