The Most Terrible Part 4

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The camouflage tux is the worst thing I'v seen in a long time. While I am not a fan of the print of the dress, it's actually quite flattering to her figure, IMO.

And M-M, Princesses do not wear feather earings down to their shoulders! Yikes!

The camouflage tux is the worst thing I'v seen in a long time. While I am not a fan of the print of the dress, it's actually quite flattering to her figure, IMO.

And M-M, Princesses do not wear feather earings down to their shoulders! Yikes!

It's quite the switch when he dresses worse than she:) I actually don't mind her dress. But camo + tux = a mess.

Agree, this is very much not it :lol: there were some photos where the outfit looked not as bad as here, but i haven't seen one yet that made the outfit look somewhat passable and that's an achievement in itself ;)
What on earth went wrong here, did noone in her crew see it before she stepped out in public?

Forgive me, but the way those pants make her backside look. :eek: :ohmy:
I just can't decide which is worse, the front (don't make me say what it looks like ;) ) or the back...

Last edited:
Last edited:
I simply don't understand the design of culottes - well these ones at least. If they were longer, as trousers, I think they would be too flared. For all intents and purposes, it is a skirt, so no practical reason for it to be culottes. I wonder if they would have looked better less flared and a more fitted shape?
I guess Queen Maxima has achieved something few if any other women will achieve - being the first and last person to wear these things since the 1970s - I don't think they will catch on.

The colour is nice though.

OK I think its time to reactivate this thread with a Maxima outfit:

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Maxima+Netherlands+Attends+Children+byfqKK-5QtZl.jpg
http://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/sites/default/files/11421591_767267063393223_208154955_n_1.jpg
. . . . . What on earth went wrong here, did noone in her crew see it before she stepped out in public?

I just can't decide which is worse, the front (don't make me say what it looks like ;) ) or the back...
. . . . .I guess Queen Maxima has achieved something few if any other women will achieve - being the first and last person to wear these things since the 1970s - I don't think they will catch on.

The colour is nice though.
OMG! :eek:

Oh, this is not good, not good at all. Do all those who live and work with her love her so much that the were willing to reenacted the Dutch version of The Emperor's New Clothes?

Surely somebody . . . anybody, like WAX, could have said, "Sweetness, I love you, but you know all those times you ask me "does this make my butt look fat" and I tell you it doesn't? Well, this time you didn't and those pants-type thingees you're wearing make you look like the size of a bus!" . . . . . "Sweetness! I love you" he yells, taking refuge from the flying china! :D

Jack, from your lips to God's ears. :lol:

500 years ago the royal stylist would have lost his/her head for that one.

That is shocking did she not look in the mirror. Wardrobe malfunction front and back must have been very uncomfortable cutting in like that

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Oh Lord, please don't bring back culottes! They were horrible in the 70's and obviously haven't gotten any better. Maxima would have looked better if it was a skirt or even long trousers.

I never thought I'd see this day that Queen Maxima will wear that pair of clothes!
It's my first time seeing this thread and I had a seriously loud HAHAHA with the comments and the terrible things worn by the Queens and Princesses xD
Great thread! Will be a fan of this!

It's just awful and looks like it would be uncomfortable too

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Oh Maxima, Maxima, Maxima...I love you but what the $#^% happened here? This designer/stylist is not a friend:sad:!

In fact the couturier can never do wrong. In the end it was the lady herself whom purchased that hideous thing. That is one. And in the ultimate end it was the lady herself whom decided to wear it. That is two.

If I create a heysack with my own couture-label Duc et Pair and a lady is crazy enough to buy it and to wear it... Is it then my fault? No one forced the lady to purchase it in the first place.

Last edited:
I've just seen an outfit that deserves to be in this thread:

Mette Marit at Red Cross event in Oslo:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dANALkODw.../OBVCqcro9rQ/s1600/haakon-mette-marit-ste.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Snme_dhDuQ0/Vjzaftg27JI/AAAAAAADCLs/sZXzybMAhqw/s640/mette-marit-ste1.jpg

I don't know if an animal had to die for this, so I assume its fake leather armadillo style. Really terrible.

As MM's clothing choices go, I actually think that one's not too bad. :lol:

I love Maxima. But, I wish I could be a friend and say, please, no more Natan, ever! The guy cannot sew!!! Ghastly shiny and upholstery fabrics! Tucks and seams every which way. He couldn't get a good grade in a high school sewing class!

Tatania wears her style outfit , but Charlotte from top to feet is ridiculous !

Back
Top Bottom