The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-23-2012, 08:17 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmeleia View Post
http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagene...toria-2--z.jpg

Ι don't like Victoria dressed like this.....it is so star-like and fake......
so true! and i would like to know why people, ANY people, do not check to see what a hemline looks like before they go out. this dress is set way too far back on her shoulders, and so the hemline in all wacky and too high in front!!

"People are much like stained glass windows. When the sun is shining through them, they glow brightly and sparkle. But when the sun goes down and it is dark and gloomy outside; Their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within." ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Old 07-23-2012, 08:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
More photos of the outfit, it looks even more bad than in yesterday's photos. The jacket is so glittery and the lizard shoes are horrendous.
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/files/2012/07/Bild-810.png
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/files/2012/07/Bild-1114.png
I'm trying to imagine her thought process here. Maybe she picked the grey dress for its somber color. Then decided she need a hat to match. If she stopped there she might have been ok. But the she decided she needed a jacket and found the only one in her closet that matched the hat. Let's assume she decided this at the last minute as she ran out the door without time to look at the mirror. Let's also assume she had on a nice pair of plain grey shoes. When the shoes accidentlt were sprayed with white paint by the men painting line on the street as she walked by, she was regal enough to ignore it and soldiered on.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

http://www.hoymujer.com/pic.aspx?w=6...1871071371.jpg

Letizia's belt (not the dress).
Old 07-26-2012, 08:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I really hated this red dress on Silvia. I think it's very unusual looking. The same this goes with this pink dress. I know it was the 80's but, this yellow dress is too much! It reminds me of Diana's horredous wedding dress!
But that was the 80's style and I loved it!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Things That Make You Go Hmm...: Enough with the Fascinators Already, I'm Begging You
Old 08-27-2012, 05:18 PM
Aristocracy

i think this was discussed on another page but pippa come on dearest
http://resources2.news.com.au/images...-and-pippa.jpg
Old 09-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I was a bit hesitant to put this here because as a rule, I love Queen Silvia's style. However, this fuchsia dress is truly horrible, in my opinion.
- The dress

(courtesy of Boris who posted the picture in Queen Silvia's Fashion and Style thread).
Old 09-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Serene Highness

I like the pink dress of Martha Louise a lot, but then, it's my favorite color. It does not seem too voluminous, as was Princess Diana's wedding dress--just a nice fullness. The only dress I really hate that I've seen on this thread is the one where Diana is wearing a spotted dress and then has a bow of a different color tied around her hips and a burst of fabric in all directions below the bow. Diana was a tall girl, not fat but sturdy, and to put a bow around her hips is the height of awful. No wonder Prince Charles is looking disgusted.
I expected a horror when I opened up the pic of Beatrix in Turkey, but was rather pleasantly surprized by the nice colors. I think she wanted to look Turkic for the Turkish president, like a Queen of the East, and that is what she looks like. It may not be her, but she achieves the look she wanted.
If there is one thing I hate more than anything in royal dresses of recent days it is above-the-knee dresses. They are NOT appropriate on grown women, especially if they want to look regal. Kate almost always wears a skirt inches above her knees. Not tasty, although it may attract attention. Even Stephanie wore a too short skirt at Estelle's baptism, which many remarked on. I can't believe that is Stephanie's natural look, just something a designer put on her, although the rest of the outfit was nice and the fascinator was really nice.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Mary's paisley jumpsuit deserves to be here! Just hideous. Here is another shot.

Photos from Iceflower.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:41 PM
Serene Highness

The paisley jumpsuit was wretched. I wonder who that pretty blonde woman is next to Mary?
Old 10-24-2012, 02:06 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Queen Margrethes Teletubby hat
http://1.1.1.3/bmi/kongehuset.dk/mat...-slovakiet.img
Old 10-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
I love Queen Beatrix, I really do.
She's a wonderful Monarch, mother, grandmother, and a woman of many other sterling qualities.
However, all that simply doesn't change the fact the outfit she wore for the first day of visit to Turkey is just atrocious.

- Front view
- Side view

What with Hayrunissa Gul's red ensemble, I'd think they are taking part in some sort of a medieval take on Red Riding Hood.
Unfortunately, President Gul spoils the effect with his suit.
HAHAHAHA!!!! I love Queen Beatrix also, but your description of this scenario made me laugh so hard!!!! :)
"Medieval take on Red Riding Hood"!!!!! That is classic

Quote:
Martha Louise at a memorial service. Yes, she really is at a memorial service.

Full View

I don't know what's more hideous, the hat, the jacket, or the shoes! Very innappropriate!
I have no words....
Old 10-24-2012, 09:24 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Things That Make You Go Hmm...: Victoria the Hula Girl
Old 10-24-2012, 09:27 PM
Courtier

Crown Princess Victoria is one of my favorite royals ever - I adore her, I adore Daniel, their romance, their daughter - but for the love of God, what the heck was she thinking???? What is this supposed to be??? It hurts my brain to even look at it.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:08 PM
Majesty

Wowzahs ! I give her kudos for wearing what she likes, but that's just one horrid outfit. I hope whoever does the laundry, will 'accidentally' toss it in the trash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andolini View Post
Crown Princess Victoria is one of my favorite royals ever - I adore her, I adore Daniel, their romance, their daughter - but for the love of God, what the heck was she thinking???? What is this supposed to be??? It hurts my brain to even look at it.
I share your view.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Heir Apparent

LOL- Great minds think alike!!
Old 11-21-2012, 04:45 PM
Heir Apparent

I think this dress on Mary is horrible. The print is absolutely terrible in my opinion.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I think this dress on Mary is horrible. The print is absolutely terrible in my opinion.
I think I know what she was going for, but it did not work out - the pattern could be nice, maybe it needs sleeves? It's like the parts are better than the sum. Maybe it's me, I really do not care for strapless at all.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:13 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
That hat looks like a huge blue acorn.

Old 11-21-2012, 05:16 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I actually rather like that dress; it's a different take on classic evening gowns. The chandelier earrings make a perfect finishing touch.