The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-14-2012, 03:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar bobo Iv View Post
i usually like what diana wears but i hated this dress
http://0.tqn.com/d/fashion/1/0/w/e/3...blue_skirt.jpg

I think we can full a whole album with Diana's horrible outfits at the beginning of her royal "carreer"... Voluminal clothes, bows everywhere, feathers, Robin Hood hats, a whole nightmare. And matronally skirts' lenght, dramatical for the then young girl she was. Look at the pictures of the presentation of her newborns, she looked rather the granma, than the young mum!
But it was the eighties, and the then style of dressing of the then BRF!!! IMO Diana's style, really blossomed when she separated....at her 30ies.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:28 AM
Heir Apparent

I really hated this red dress on Silvia. I think it's very unusual looking. The same this goes with this pink dress. I know it was the 80's but, this yellow dress is too much! It reminds me of Diana's horredous wedding dress!

Old 06-17-2012, 04:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I really hated this red dress on Silvia. I think it's very unusual looking. The same this goes with this pink dress. I know it was the 80's but, this yellow dress is too much! It reminds me of Diana's horredous dress!
None of these dresses belong in the ‚Most terrible’ category for me at all (surprise ).
Dresses No. 1 and 2 are Yuki (aka Gnyuki Torimaru) designs in his signature avant-garde style which always appears to be a ‘Love it or hate it’ matter for everyone.
And No. 3 - that’s one of those fairytale gowns which back in 1985 were pretty much the height of fashion. It may look overblown now, but IMHO the combination of fairytale aspect and royal image still has its allure here, especially with the grand dress balanced by grand jewelry.
If you want to see the real royal 80s horrors, you have to look at dresses Queen Beatrix, the Spanish Infantas, or Queen Sonja wore at that time… then you’ll see what was truly ‘Most Terrible’ during that period.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
None of these dresses belong in the ‚Most terrible’ category for me at all (surprise ).
Dresses No. 1 and 2 are Yuki (aka Gnyuki Torimaru) designs in his signature avant-garde style which always appears to be a ‘Love it or hate it’ matter for everyone.
I thought no 2 it is a Issey Miyake dress. Anyway, it is a very interesting dress, it does not fit well to her body!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
And No. 3 - that’s one of those fairytale gowns which back in 1985 were pretty much the height of fashion. It may look overblown now, but IMHO the combination of fairytale aspect and royal image still has its allure here, especially with the grand dress balanced by grand jewelry.
Agree!! They are "dresses for Queens". Like Princess Sissi!
Old 07-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Martha Louise at a memorial service. Yes, she really is at a memorial service.

Full View

I don't know what's more hideous, the hat, the jacket, or the shoes! Very innappropriate!
Old 07-22-2012, 03:33 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The outfit would not have been out of place for a concert or some sort of a cheerful event.
But for a memorial dedicated to the victims of the attacks - completely inappropriate.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

One of the most deserving outfits ever to enter this thread.
It's hideous and tasteless to begin with and therefore should have ended up here even if worn to some regular event.
But to wear it at the memorial service for the bombings and the massacre which are considered a national tragedy in Norway is just mind-boggling. It's not understandable how anyone with a functioning brain could have walked out like this without realizing the serious mistake.
Looking at the shoes, it's a miracle that she can walk at all - full view of the outfit from a different angle, which is just as awful:
http://s17.postimage.org/ucmrcnnpb/x610.jpg
Old 07-22-2012, 03:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

And the tragedy touched her own family too. I can't understand what she was thinking by dressing like that. When she left the church, the wind took her hat and it flew away from her head...
ANP Foto
ANP Foto
Old 07-22-2012, 03:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
And the tragedy touched her own family too. I can't understand what she was thinking by dressing like that. When she left the church, the wind took her hat and it flew away from her head...
ANP Foto
ANP Foto
Maybe it was trying to escape being associated with the rest of the outfit.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Her mother doesn't look too pleased either!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-22-2012, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Hasn't Martha L been known for her weird choices to events in the past?
I can remember some really hideous outfits worn by her. I guess some peoples style doesn't change.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Let's not forget Martha's pink disaster! It look like a tacky prom dress! The fabric is horrid. The only thing I like about the look is her hairstyle. Also, her infamous red and yellow dress deserves to be here! Horrendous!
Old 07-22-2012, 05:00 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Hasn't Martha L been known for her weird choices to events in the past?
I can remember some really hideous outfits worn by her. I guess some peoples style doesn't change.
I don't really have problems with Martha Louise's style; for me, she is in the same category as Mabel or Laurentien - with unique, quirky and not always save choice.

What I do mind is the choice for this specific day; it's just really, really wrong turning up in something like that for a memorial service dedicated to a tragedy that shook Norway. It just feels disrespectful - although I'm certain Martha Louise didn't mean it.

Quote:
Let's not forget Martha's pink disaster! It look like a tacky prom dress! The fabric is horrid. The only thing I like about the look is her hairstyle. Also, her infamous red and yellow dress deserves to be here! Horrendous!
The pink dress I don't mind; it's too over-the-top for me, but I've seen worse.
The yellow-red one though... OK, she was attending a wedding in Spain, but was there a need to show it so obviously?
Old 07-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Apart from the shoes, I think we're being a little harsh on Martha Louise. The dress might've been a few inches longer, but it's not like she turned up in a boob tube and thong. The colours are actually quite muted for M-L.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

the pink dress isn't that bad.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh shoot me . . . . I loved the little red and yellow number from top to bottom!
Old 07-23-2012, 02:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Martha Louise at a memorial service. Yes, she really is at a memorial service.

Full View

I don't know what's more hideous, the hat, the jacket, or the shoes! Very innappropriate!
This is one terrible (and inappropriate) outfit. Very tasteless, overall.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:22 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

For me, the disco shoes & shiny jacket are really most terrible, especially at this particular event. The snakeskin clutch doesnt help, is this a fashion show or a memorial service.
But we are talking about ML here, I guess she needs to keep up with her wacko image.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:25 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
For me, the disco shoes & shiny jacket are really most terrible, especially at this particular event. The snakeskin clutch doesnt help, is this a fashion show or a memorial service.
But we are talking about ML here, I guess she needs to keep up with her wacko image.
I will give her kudos for not being afraid to be herself, however, a memorial service is not the time to go into self-expression.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

More photos of the outfit, it looks even more bad than in yesterday's photos. The jacket is so glittery and the lizard shoes are horrendous.
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/files/2012/07/Bild-810.png
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/files/2012/07/Bild-1114.png