The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-23-2006, 03:22 AM
Commoner

I think whatever they are wearing back then, they are sure wearing something fashionable clothing and up to date. Just imagine 20years in the future, people will do the same too.

Old 05-23-2006, 03:51 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiltbrat99
I think whatever they are wearing back then, they are sure wearing something fashionable clothing and up to date. Just imagine 20years in the future, people will do the same too.
i'll be wearing shoulder pads?!? and have my hair permed and hairsprayed to death so high it almost reaches the heavens?!? omigod

jus' kidding. hee hee :)

well, trends do repeat themselves every now and then. and a lot of people tend to just follow what is "in" currently so...that was what the 80's dictated, we can forgive them.

Old 05-24-2006, 10:06 AM
Nobility

We must remember thought that they "puff" or "balloon" style skirt was very popular in the 80s. The dressing gown by Sassoon that Diana wore was the worst thing. We never saw it again. I have no problems with the tan and beige suit she wore.
Old 05-25-2006, 05:17 AM
Serene Highness

take a look at Infanta Cristina's second pic here: Infanta Cristina: Pictures as a Girl and Young Woman, Part 1 (June 2003 - Dec. 2006)

iceflower had no words for it, and i know it's the 80's and it was a fashion disaster, but about the hair i'll dare say: cool hee hee
Old 05-25-2006, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Oh my. What hair. Makes me want to send Stacy and Clinton from "What Not to Wear" after her. eww. She looks soooooooo much better now
Old 05-25-2006, 08:36 PM
Aristocracy

Oh my god! That permed, curled, shellacked helmet of hair she has in the pics where she's wearing the black dress takes me right back :p Hilarious!!!!!!!! I agree, Christina looks alot better now.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebess
Oh my god! That permed, curled, shellacked helmet of hair she has in the pics where she's wearing the black dress takes me right back :p Hilarious!!!!!!!! I agree, Christina looks alot better now.
The permed-curly-she-mullet is the worst hairdo I've ever seen of Cristina to date, let's hope she keeps her hair the way it is now
Old 05-25-2006, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodyBrat
i'll be wearing shoulder pads?!? and have my hair permed and hairsprayed to death so high it almost reaches the heavens?!? omigod

jus' kidding. hee hee :)

well, trends do repeat themselves every now and then. and a lot of people tend to just follow what is "in" currently so...that was what the 80's dictated, we can forgive them.
We can only hope that the 80s aren't repeated (they say something like every 20yrs fashions repeat).

And I have no words for Cristina's hair in RhapsodyBrat's post . Do you think she looks back at pictures of herself & cringes (like many of us with "fabulous" 80s attire pictures)?

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 05-25-2006, 10:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK
Oh my. What hair. Makes me want to send Stacy and Clinton from "What Not to Wear" after her. eww. She looks soooooooo much better now
are they just as crass and brutally honest as Trinny and Susannah? i loved those two. haven't watched an episode with the new ones though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jennifer
We can only hope that the 80s aren't repeated (they say something like every 20yrs fashions repeat).

And I have no words for Cristina's hair in RhapsodyBrat's post . Do you think she looks back at pictures of herself & cringes (like many of us with "fabulous" 80s attire pictures)?
oh my...can we skip the repeat of the 80s? I'd prefer the 70s. i personally like flared pants...as long as they're not double-knit. :)

and i'll probably bet she and many other folks don't want to dwell on how they looked like back then. no matter how happy the moment, the minute they see how high their hair was back then, i'd think they'd cringe. :) hee hee!
Old 05-26-2006, 12:45 AM
Aristocracy

No, RhapsodyBrat they are not as Trinny and Susannah, but honest they are, i have never seen anyone cry in the american show.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Poor Cristina...she looks so uncomfortable in that outfit (from this post). Oh & the dresses that the Infanta's are wearing in the same post as well (with their parents).

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 11-07-2006, 01:29 AM
Nobility

I was a teenager in the mid-80's an made some of the same mistakes Diana,Sarah,Astrid,Cristina and Elena made-big hair puffy dresses and on and on.It can of endears these women to me more when I look back and see we were all making the same mistakes! -we thought we knew wha we were doing though!