Spanish Proclamation: Fashion Choices

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Inauguration: Fashion Choices

NDKQM8R.jpg

My prediction: King Felipe in an uniform of one of the Armed Forces. The ladies dressed like in Belgium, which means deux-pièces ("dressed up daily dress"), so no long robes. I expect no mantillas or hats but that would be nice. I have understood the ceremony will be as sober as possible.

I hope for long dresses for ladies, with mantilla or not. Maybe the proclamation will be daytime dresses, but I hope the Te Deum to be more formal with long dresses and mantilla.

For Infanta Leonor and Sofia, I expect beautiful clothes, but hopefully diferent from one another.

Felipe will wear the Armed Forces uniform, perhaps his "earth" uniform? Though its not my favorite.

The uniform for Felipe in the proclamation, is acording to the Spanish Media, a confirmed fact by the Royal House. But it could be any of the three variants (Army/Navy/Air Force).

But remain to be cleared if the rank to be used in the proclamation ceremony will be the actual one of the Prince (OF-4 Lt. Colonel / Frigate Captain ) with the act of ascent in rank to be made after that... Or if the government will pass by decree the rise to his new rank (OF-10 Captain General) just before the proclamation and we see Felipe already with his uniform adapted to the new rank in the ceremony.

I'm betting for the last option, but we will see.

I hope for long dresses for ladies, with mantilla or not. Maybe the proclamation will be daytime dresses, but I hope the Te Deum to be more formal with long dresses and mantilla.

For Infanta Leonor and Sofia, I expect beautiful clothes, but hopefully diferent from one another.

Felipe will wear the Armed Forces uniform, perhaps his "earth" uniform? Though its not my favorite.

There's no Te Deum!

I´m hoping long dresses for the ladies, as at KJC proclamation and Prince Felipe´s sworn of the Constitution.

But everything seems very low-key, so who knows...

Beting on Felipe wearing the "earth" Armed Forces uniform, like his dad did on 1975. It is also my least favourite among the three, but I guess it´s the most possible.

I´m hoping long dresses for the ladies, as at KJC proclamation and Prince Felipe´s sworn of the Constitution.

Beting on Felipe wearing the "earth" Armed Forces uniform, like his dad did on 1975. It is also my least favourite among the three, but I guess it´s the most possible.

In 1975 the King wore his "daily tenue" from the Ejército de Tierra but of course nothing prevents the new King to go for a ceremonial tenue. On this picture the King wears the ceremonial tenue of the Ejército de Tierra, to give an idea how it looks. Source libertaddigital.com:
http://s.libertaddigital.com/fotos/...arlos-I-borbon-ejercito-de-tierra-en-2005.jpg

:flowers:

In 1975 the King wore his "daily tenue" from the Ejército de Tierra but of course nothing prevents the new King to go for a ceremonial tenue. On this picture the King wears the ceremonial tenue of the Ejército de Tierra, to give an idea how it looks. Source libertaddigital.com:
http://s.libertaddigital.com/fotos/...arlos-I-borbon-ejercito-de-tierra-en-2005.jpg

Thanks Duc et Pair, I´m not an expert on military facts by any standard :p
But yes, I was meaning the daily one. I´ve never seen King Juan Carlos using the ceremonial tenue for a morning event, but who knows.

Well, know I remember that that´s the uniform that both King and Prince wear during the weddings.

Leather jacket & pants then for Letizia ;)

I bet for Long Dresses for the Ladies
BYe Bine

I would love to see the ladies in a mantilla, especially Letizia. I think the last time was at an event at the vatican afaik.

Btw: Felipe needs his beard back. :cool:

Last edited:
I second the wish to see the royal women in a mantilla.

The little Infantitas will no doubt be dressed chic and beautiful as always. I love how Felipe and Letizia dress them, always so elegant and appropriate for the occasion.

Agree with those who would like to see long dresses and a mantilla for the ladies in the SRF. I'm guessing dresses similar to the ones worn by the younger princesses in the NL and Belgium for the little Infantas. They'll likely be matching.

I hope Letizia is going to choose a dress that resembles those lovely Varela gowns she wore in her early years. I'm also wondering if the girls will wear Nanos again.

For Felipe, I favour the dark, more formal looking uniform. Also, I am glad he has shaved off his beard - I liked it at first but I prefer a clean-shaven King lol

For Letizia, I hope she will wear a long dress in a vibrant, deep jewel colour and made from an extremely expensive silk material. Something memorable, maybe even a quick call to Maxima to talk capes!!!

I second the wish to see the royal women in a mantilla.

The little Infantitas will no doubt be dressed chic and beautiful as always. I love how Felipe and Letizia dress them, always so elegant and appropriate for the occasion.

As there's no enthronement Mass I doubt we'll see any traditional mantillas.

As there's no enthronement Mass I doubt we'll see any traditional mantillas.

I agreed, its unlikely there will be any mantilla's.

I suspect we will see a dress / coat or something of that type.

Didn´t thought of that :/
Imo Sofias dress from 1975, with a modern cut, would be perfect for the new Queen.

During the 1975 Investiture, Queen Sofía was the only one to wear long. That was the same during the Investiture in Luxembourg, when Grand Duchess María Teresa was the only one to wear long.

In Belgium and Monaco "normal" dresses were worn. In the Netherlands the formal long daywear with hat, which once was common at all Courts, was maintained, with great, colourful and festive effect.

I hope Doña Letizia will follow the example of Queen Sofía and Grand Duchess María Teresa and wear long, but as Spain wants to keep it as sober as possible, I am in doubt. We will see.

Picture: Grand Duchess María Teresa during the Investiture of Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg, source 2.bp.blogspot.com: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-S1HRrFj3eXk/UQcBT-qgg5I/AAAAAAAAETI/iWgvBHyU6Do/s1600/asserment2.jpeg

During the 1975 Investiture, Queen Sofía was the only one to wear long. That was the same during the Investiture in Luxembourg, when Grand Duchess María Teresa was the only one to wear long.

In Belgium and Monaco "normal" dresses were worn. In the Netherlands the formal long daywear with hat, which once was common at all Courts, was maintained, with great, colourful and festive effect.

I hope Doña Letizia will follow the example of Queen Sofía and Grand Duchess María Teresa and wear long, but as Spain wants to keep it as sober as possible, I am in doubt. We will see.

Picture: Grand Duchess María Teresa during the Investiture of Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg, source 2.bp.blogspot.com: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-S1HRrFj3eXk/UQcBT-qgg5I/AAAAAAAAETI/iWgvBHyU6Do/s1600/asserment2.jpeg

It will also depend if seh will wear an Order sash. If yes she has to wear long.
Queen Sonja also wore a long gown when King Harald took the oath in Parliament. But as it was only a few days after the death of King Olaf it was of course black.

It will also depend if seh will wear an Order sash. If yes she has to wear long.
Queen Sonja also wore a long gown when King Harald took the oath in Parliament. But as it was only a few days after the death of King Olaf it was of course black.

And of-course it will be the same in Denmark, where a proclamation is made the morning after the monarch's death.
At Harald's consecration, Sonia wore an intriguing caped and trained gown in white.

And of-course it will be the same in Denmark, where a proclamation is made the morning after the monarch's death.
At Harald's consecration, Sonia wore an intriguing caped and trained gown in white.

In Denmark there is no Investiture. The new monarch is proclaimed from the balcony of the Royal Palace and that is it... Surprisingly sober for such a theatre-loving monarchy...

In Denmark there is no Investiture. The new monarch is proclaimed from the balcony of the Royal Palace and that is it... Surprisingly sober for such a theatre-loving monarchy...

Yes, it's ashame there is only a proclamation, one can only imagine what Queen Margrethe would have looked like in full coronation regalia!

The fashion attire is formal dress for men and short dresses for females.

Last edited:
Yes, it's ashame there is only a proclamation, one can only imagine what Queen Margrethe would have looked like in full coronation regalia!

Queen Margrathe has not abdicated, so it's a moot point anyway. This is the Spanish Royal Family thread.

Last edited:
So disappointing. Same dress code than any normal day in the Congress, ok...:whistling:

Yes it is,given the occasion I had hoped it would be a tad more formal than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom