Spanish Proclamation: Fashion Choices

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Sofia was my best dressed for the day followed by the Duchess of Lugo and then Letizia. Everyone looked wonderful especially the little girls.

Queen Sofia was my best dressed for the day followed by the Duchess of Lugo and then Letizia. Everyone looked wonderful especially the little girls.

Yes I agree there,Queen Sofia looked wonderful as did Elena.Not forgetting King Felipe VI and King Juan Carlos who both looked majestic.Not sure what Infantas Pilar & Margarita wore to the Cortes.

I put the girls on the top of the best dressed list today :lol:

No, seriously, they were very beautiful and charming. Y especially loved the colour of Leonor´s dress and Sofia´s cute headband.

Letizia was just pure perfection today. Just what was needed. Felipe was the star of the day, but Letizia was very elegant in her lovely outfit, I loved the embroidery, colours of Spain? Leonor and Sofia looked beautiful. Good that Letizia chose different colours for them. And as for the hairdos, I think that it was just great that both the former princess of Asturias, queen Letizia, and the new princess of Asturias, Leonor, had braids. And Felipe, he looked better than ever today.

I found Letizias Outfit a Bit underwhelming and i hated the hairstyle, braids are for Little Girls.

:previous:
Braids are what highly intellectual women in Spain wear. Queen Letizia looked very Stepford and budget. She tried really hard to sell her image like wives of politicians do.
I liked Infanta Elena's ensemble and demeanour.

Last edited:
Letizia was just pure perfection today. Just what was needed. Felipe was the star of the day, but Letizia was very elegant in her lovely outfit, I loved the embroidery, colours of Spain? Leonor and Sofia looked beautiful. Good that Letizia chose different colours for them. And as for the hairdos, I think that it was just great that both the former princess of Asturias, queen Letizia, and the new princess of Asturias, Leonor, had braids. And Felipe, he looked better than ever today.

I agree. Her instincts were unerring in this. She struck just the right note. Having seen her choice, one cannot imagine what else she would have done. 'Pure perfection'. :flowers:

:previous:
Braids are what highly intellectual women in Spain wear. Queen Letizia looked very Stepford and budget. She tried really hard to sell her image like wives of politicians do.
I liked Infanta Elena's ensemble and demeanour.

"Highly intellectual, Stepford, budget" I never thought a sentence could be constructed with these three terms together;)

On a serious note, she said "let me finish" to a question posed to her by the press during her engagement interview. 10 years later, she is still being crucified for that. Most of the international press still mentions it in every article written introducing her as the new Queen.

Now, can we blame her for her understated, quiet appearance on THE day that Felipe has to shine, not her?

PS: Sure she could have had an elaborate updo, but she chose a simple one that functioned in keeping her hair out of her face and could withstand all the open air ceremonies as well as a long day.

"Highly intellectual, Stepford, budget" I never thought a sentence could be constructed with these three terms together;)

On a serious note, she said "let me finish" to a question posed to her by the press during her engagement interview. 10 years later, she is still being crucified for that. Most of the international press still mentions it in every article written introducing her as the new Queen.

Now, can we blame her for her understated, quiet appearance on THE day that Felipe has to shine, not her?

PS: Sure she could have had an elaborate updo, but she chose a simple one that functioned in keeping her hair out of her face and could withstand all the open air ceremonies as well as a long day.

Good point. :previous:The functionality of the braid, apart from looking elegant and simple . . . it did keep her hair in place for the street procession and long day ceremonies . . . ;)

I found Letizias Outfit a Bit underwhelming and i hated the hairstyle, braids are for Little Girls.

I agree about the braids, I found it a bit childish. A soft bun or undo would've fitted much better for me.

I thought Letizia's outfits were both lovely but not memorable at all for the events. Especially the black and white outfits. Kind of disappointed in her fashion choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom