Spanish Proclamation: Fashion Choices

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So disappointing. Same dress code than any normal day in the Congress, ok...:whistling:

Morning dress is long tails for men ...this is after all Congress and Senate dressed at their best. :D

Letizia, as usual, will have to deal with a tricky dressing code.....the act is too solemn to just wear a short dress. I think she'll go for an austere long dress like Queen Sofia wore during JC proclamation.

Frankly, I'm more curious about Leonor. What is she going to wear? She is the Crown Princess and only 8 y.o after all.

Last edited:
Queen Margrathe has not abdicated, so it's a moot point anyway. This is the Spanish Royal Family thread.

So what? It's not entirely off topic and pads out what will otherwise be a rather short thread! There is no harm whatsoever in making additional comments to the thread along the lines of the subject, in this case being fashion choices for the Spanish inauguration. We cannot make suggestions on what Letizia will wear based solely upon what Sofia wore 40 years ago. We must look to other inauguration/proclamation fashion choices to gauge what might be suitable for a similar event in Spain. I would be happy with your comment had I been talking about the tea in China :whistling:

Morning dress is long tails for men ...this is after all Congress and Senate dressed at their best. :D

Letizia, as usual, will have to deal with a tricky dressing code.....the act is too solemn to just wear a short dress. I think she'll go for an austere long dress like Queen Sofia wore during JC proclamation.

Frankly, I'm more curious about Leonor. What is she going to wear? She is the Crown Princess and only 8 y.o after all.
I really hope that the dress code is only for guests, and both the King and Queen as well as the people on the tribune won´t have to follow it.

I don´t think Letizia is going to wear a long dress if the men on the tribune are wearing normal suits and not morning dress. That would be odd.

Last edited:

Something Similar to what CA and Princess Elisabeth wore presumably but a little maybe lighter in color and style. She is daintier girl.

Filipe Varela was never impressive, very conservative and classic, she will look impecable but not impressive....:ROFLMAO:

Filipe Varela was never impressive, very conservative and classic, she will look impecable but not impressive....:ROFLMAO:

Im not surprised by her choice to go to him. He's outfits are very similar and lacks creativity but once in a while he does come up with something nice. Let's hope he does this time.

Let's hope Varela dresses Letizia in a creative design. He has some great outfits for her but most outfits he designed are just plain & this is an occasion that Letizia should not wear anything plain.

That was a great ballgown, but that is what it is: a ballgown. Not suitable for a mid-day ceremony with a military défilé and a passage (handshakes) afterwards. These mid-day events happen frequently at the Dutch Court and then such a gown is often paired with a matching coat, or it is a gown with long sleeves and a high neckline.

:flowers:

Two royals in mid-day dress waving to the public (source: haagsefotos.nl): http://www.haagsefotos.nl/html/prinsjesdag/prinsjesdag2012/images/prinsjesdag-2012-113.jpg

Last edited:
I actually hoped for a long dress, but honestly it was a good choice Letizia did. Not only with her behaviour also with her attire, she didn´t wanted to steal any spotlight, like some people love to accuse her.

I am pleased Queen Letizia wore a white dress as I think that is a good colour to wear for a queen! The embroidery around the collar appears to be red and yellow and adds a lovely touch of sparkle to the whole ensemble. Yes, it would have been nice to see a long dress, but like Queen Mathilde, the outfit was superb for the event.
King Felipe looked incredible in his uniform and sash and I think epitomises what a king should look like.
The little princesses looked lovely and so beautifully behaved - it was lovely the way Queen Letizia kind of coached them and paid attention to them, which will have given them confidence in front of all the people.
Queen Sofia and Infanta Elena looked elegant and lovely.

Letizia looked beautiful and elegant today in her outfit,however she could have worn a better pair of earings than those diamond stars which she has worn to death.Queen Sofia and Infanta Elena also looked elegant but the real stars were Leonor & Sofia.

Europe is certainly the most handsome King Felipe.
Queen Letizia's dress elegance and noble

Love Letizia's dress, so elegant and really suits her as a new Queen of Spain

Infanta Elena and Queen Sofia also looks great

Letizia looked beautiful and elegant today in her outfit,however she could have worn a better pair of earings than those diamond stars which she has worn to death.Queen Sofia and Infanta Elena also looked elegant but the real stars were Leonor & Sofia.

Did you see Leonor's tiny star earrings she wore yesterday?

Starting them early, I suppose. :D

HM the King looked fantastic and suitably regal in his uniform and orders.
HM the Queen looked wonderful, and the sparkling embroidery round her collar hit just the right note of celebration..
The two little princesses also looked great, as did the perennially elegant Queen Sophia.

My winner of the day however, was the Duchess of Lugo, who looked sensational.

My god.... what a charming royal family! Maybe the best goodlooking in europe?

HM the King looked fantastic and suitably regal in his uniform and orders.
HM the Queen looked wonderful, and the sparkling embroidery round her collar hit just the right note of celebration..
The two little princesses also looked great, as did the perennially elegant Queen Sophia.

My winner of the day however, was the Duchess of Lugo, who looked sensational.

And the embroidery in the colours of Spain, red and gold, a great Little Detail. The Epitome of elegance and the Girls are just super-super-cute!
BYe Bine

Lovely outfit! and it's a great color for her. The embellishment around the collar adds a lot to the dress. I would've liked to see her hair up in a soft bun for the embellishments to stand out a bit more.

And the embroidery in the colours of Spain, red and gold, a great Little Detail. The Epitome of elegance and the Girls are just super-super-cute!
BYe Bine

I agree. I thought Letizia looked very appropriately dressed yesterday and today.

I also thought Queen Sophia looked lovely in her yellow / gold suit today.

Letizia's white ensemble was elegant. But the hair?!!! Why??? A nice chignon would have been perfect.

The new Princess of the Asturias and Princess Sofia were impeccable!

Once more, I feel totaly disappointed with Letizia look. The outfit is ok to attend a Military ceremony or other oficial events, but not for the Proclamation, wich is really historical moment. Acording to King Felipe uniform, she should wear a long dress (even when the rest of ladies wear short dresses).

If Letizia wears a short outfit, she should wear some nice earrings and of course a much better hairdo. In this case, she would look much better.

Little Infantas Leonor and Sofía looked perfect, their dresses are really lovely.

Mention of honour for Queen Sofía and Infanta Elena, they showed their great class and elegance.

Didn't see the Spanish embroidery on collar I will check. How perfect, white plus Spanish colors, elegant, only wish for low chignon.
I could not have imaged more perfect dresses for the girls,same style different colors, very wide inverted pleats and rich and hot fabrics reminding you of historical infant as.elena never looked so good, perfect with red and her son adorable,Sofia perfection as usual love the color choice, cheerful,and necklace. Such a gorgeous family

I think everybody looks fantastic but this is a very different. Pronation from the Netherlands I must say I love the Netherlands so much so regal and impressive I would have like it to se another coronation like that

Letizia's white ensemble was elegant. But the hair?!!! Why??? A nice chignon would have been perfect.

The new Princess of the Asturias and Princess Sofia were impeccable!

I completely agree about the hair. It was too simple and a bit informal. Like many others here I wanted to see Letizia in a long gown, but the dress she wore and the color were really elegant, so no more objections.
The Princess of Asturias and Infanta Sofia looked adorable and very beautiful. Also Queen Sofia and Infanta Elena wore very elegant outifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom