Royals in Vintage

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Little_star

Heir Apparent
City
Manchester
Country
United Kingdom
Vintage clothing is incredibly trendy and can be exquisite. However I don't think I've seen any Royals in vintage clothing so thought maybe we could post some sugggestions for them.......

Here's a selection of dresses from Catherine Walker's Vintage Collection
http://www.catherinewalker.com/classic2.html

Last edited by a moderator:
CP Mary of Denmark, this is right out of her closet and would look great on her. The first champaign colored dress would look so good on her. Wow.

I love the Catherine Walker. I flipped through without seeing the title of that section and thought, wouldn't Diana have looked stunning in that black and white dress at the end.

But then again, she was blessed with the kind of body to be able to wear anything and look good.

iowabelle said:
I love the Catherine Walker. I flipped through without seeing the title of that section and thought, wouldn't Diana have looked stunning in that black and white dress at the end.

But then again, she was blessed with the kind of body to be able to wear anything and look good.

you know that Diana been client with Catherine Walker for longtime since her marriages to Prince Charles in 1981-1997 but she collection her famous clothes but im really loves her outfits! but Diana chose Catherine Walker because she loves her dresses they chose that as client for years.

and also Princess Margaret's daughter-in-law Viscountess Serena also client in Catherine Walker and she collection her clothes since her marriages to Viscount David

and im sure about Countess of Wessex been client of Catherine Walker im not sure on the lists of clients but Sophie been other with designer of her favourites!

Sara Boyce

selminha, I must admit I don't know very much about Princess Mathilde or her sense of style.

aaaw, those dresses are beautiful! Thanks for posting them, guys.

"have you seen any royal that has worn vintage"

Not really, which is a shame! You can get some superb vintage gowns and dresses as well and it's not even as though there's some sort of stigma around it anymore.

I enjoy looking at these clothes (and would love to own some of these things). Some of them I think, wouldn't Diana have looked lovely wearing that?

But some of the suggestions as to which princess should wear which dress leave me speechless. I guess it depends on how you think they look and what you think would look good on their body type. (For example, Charlotte Casiraghi tiny, young and not needing formal "princess armor", Mathilde a very tall and average weight woman -- when not pregnant, versus Letizia -- average height but very, very thin.)

Good work compiling these and making suggestions (maybe they'll take the hints).

Everybody has a different opinion as to who suits what. I'm glad you liked the pictures though!

i love the pictures. please post all that you come across

is it mabel that has worn beatrix dresses that the queen wore as young

Yes- Mabel wore Beatrix's engagement dress to Pieter Christiaan and Anita's wedding last year.

photo source: ANP

photo source: ANP photo source: Seeger

Last edited:
Mary wearing vintage Prada:

(Credit: ANP)

She wore it for Prince Henrik's birthday in 2004(?) and the Grand Ducal Couple's Silver Wedding Anniversary.

Do you know what collection (year) this dress is from? Since Prada only started making clothes in 1978, it can't be that old! For some reason, I thought it was from a recent collection.

Azile

azile said:
Do you know what collection (year) this dress is from? Since Prada only started making clothes in 1978, it can't be that old! For some reason, I thought it was from a recent collection.

Azile

I actually don't know :ermm: . I've just heard from multiple places that this dress is vintage. I'll search around and see if I can verify it. :flowers:

EDIT: I was wrong. The dress is from Prada's Autumn/Winter 2004 collection. Sorry!

Last edited:
I think that princess Anne is the best vintage example amongst the royals..... She's wearing the clothes which sometimes are 20,30 years old......

Back
Top Bottom