Royals in National/Traditional Costumes

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does the king never wear traditional outfits
Not since he became an adult. Prince Daniel has publicly worn the Ockelbo costume that he received as a wedding gift once during a visit to his hometown.

Did Gustav Adolf ever make a point of doing it during CG's lifetime, though? He probably feels he doesn't have to. Not to mention many men find it embarrassing.

Did Gustav Adolf ever make a point of doing it during CG's lifetime, though? He probably feels he doesn't have to. Not to mention many men find it embarrassing.
King Gustav Adolf sometimes wore folk costumes in his youth, but I don't seem to remember him doing so after the death of his wife Margareta who often wore them and were very involved in keeping the tradition of wearing folk costumes alive.

Last edited:
King Gustav Adolf sometimes wore folk costumes in his youth, but I don't seem to remember him doing so after the death of his wife Margareta who often wore them and were very involved in keeping the tradition of wearing folk costumes alive.

I really don't want to see The King in the Sweden dress, it's bad enough on women but the male costume is hideous. It's only Oscar who looks cute in it. :lol:

Crown Princess Mette-Marit looking lovely in her traditional costume at the Svalbard Museum today, April 21:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Wonderful to see them wearing traditional costumes such a shame we never the see the Spanish wearing any since Letizia became queen who's not one for tradition.

Ingrid Alexandra wore a bunad at her graduation event at Oslo Concert Hall yesterday evening, June 20:

IA in bunad

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like her mother's, rather than her confirmation one.

(I wonder how many they have between them.)

Perfectly beautiful outfit !

It looks like her mother's, rather than her confirmation one.

(I wonder how many they have between them.)
Well spotted, it is her mother's and it looks as lovely on her as it does on her mother.

Well spotted, it is her mother's and it looks as lovely on her as it does on her mother.
Its not her mothers. Ingrid Alexandra got as Asker bunad for her confirmation from Asker municipality, where she lives.

Ingrid is rather tiny compared to her very tall mother and would probably be swimming in her mothers current costume.

Back
Top Bottom