Royals' hair dyeing and wigs

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Queen Beatrix looks great with this softer hairdo, much more modern.

rchainho said:
what is maxima natural colour?

I think Maxima is a brunette or at least her roots say so.

kerry said:
I think Maxima is a brunette or at least her roots say so.

A light brunette, I would say. As a child she was blonde, but got soft-brown in her teens.

kerry said:
Are there any dye jobs or wigs gone bad photos out there? :witch::ROFLMAO:
I'm a techno idiot, but if you go to Princess Anne's thread last week there was a photo of her where i thought WTH has she had done to her hair? Her colorist really needs to be tried for treason. It was just flat and dull, no luster at all. I know she's not terribly interested in her appearance, but if you're going to take the time to dye it, get someone who's going to do a good job. It takes the same amount of time for a bad job as a good job, you know?

Most of these hair jobs are pretty good. I think that dyeing your hair is ok if you like different looks, or if you're like my mother, and can't bear to have grey roots.

They look like photoshop jobs to me. Certainly in other HQs of Mary there's no grey and I can't see why there would be at her age.

They look like photoshop jobs to me. Certainly in other HQs of Mary there's no grey and I can't see why there would be at her age.

I found my first grey hair when I was 18..... It has nothing to do wih age.

Isn't it variation of french twist?

She looks beautiful on this side. Any pictures of er front view?

Now this might actually shock you, but Queen Elizabeth II did actually die her hair in the 1960's when she started going prematurely grey - now she is proud of it. So did Princess Margaret.
Diana dyed her hair often. In the 1980's she used to see her hairstylist every second day, later one was employed for her personal use. (When I read this a thought it was very vain, but then read further to get told that Hillary Clinton, and a whole hosts of Hollywood stars also have stylists on their books)
Sophie dyes her hair - she is actually a brunette.
Sarah dyes her hair - She didn't like the shade of red, so she changed it.

Queen Elizabeth II continued to have her hair dyed right up until the late 1980's / early 1990's when it seems she started using less and less of it. Throughout the 1980's she just had a slight grey patch on each temple then I remember whoosh she was suddenly greying all over. I understand that the name of the hair dye she used was "chocolate kiss" but not sure of the manufacturer.

How to tell if 'blonde' hair is dyed or not.

This goes back a good way in the thread but I've only just looked at it.

I am a natural dark blonde and have never dyed my hair in any way. My hair has different shades in it, and will go lighter after a few days in strong sunlight, but there are no obvious demarcation lines as you get with the roots of dyed hair. My eyebrows are probably about the same as the darker shades in my hair (though my father, whose hair is much the same colour as mine, has noticeably lighter eyebrows). The hairs on my arms are just about colourless.

My feeling is that in the UK adult natural blondes are a small minority - nearly all the 'blondes' you see are dyed. Because men are much less likely to dye their hair you see fewer 'blond' men (but those you do see are much more likely to be natural).

Funnily enough, though I was fairer as a child than I am now, my hair has darkened much less than my brother's. He was almost white blond as a small boy, but is now a sort of mousy brown.

What is a Letizia natural hair colour?

I don't know for sure, but my guess is that Letizia's natural hair colour is brown. It looks to me like she has put highlights of dark blonde and warmer shades of brown throughout her hair. She may have been blonde as a child (look at her children), but I am nearly certain that her natural color is a medium brunette.

I'd pretty much agree sgl. My hair is not too dissimilar, slightly lighter maybe - thats the basis of my opinion.

I began going gray at age 30 - when I gave birth to my son I was 38 and had gray hair!
I am in my early 60's and my hair is now all silver (nicer than saying all white!)
I love my silver hair! I try to keep it well groomed at all times.
Queen Elizabeth II looks amazing with her silver hair - she has a beautiful complexion and dresses in such pretty colors and that all makes a great effect.
I have always felt that as one ages, not only does your hair change color but your skin tone changes as well. That is why older women with dyed dark, dark hair look too severe and odd.
Queen Silvia is a prime example. Her dyed dark hair is toooooooo dark for her skin tone.
Princess Margaret also dyed her hair and it did not look good on her because as she aged she really lost her youthfull beauty and look haggard and drawn.
I also want to mention Princess Marie of Liechenstein. She had almost black hair as a young woman and now her hair is a warm honey blond. It is a good color on her - very soft. Her husband, Prince Hans Adam, also had almost black hair when young. He has let his hair turn white now.

Forgot to mention Queen Noor who was a mousy blonde at her marriage to King Hussein, then became a glamor blonde in the 1980's and 90's and is now sporting brown hair.
Also, Queen Fabiola with her magnificent silver gray hair - she seems to be wearing some kind of hair piece to me. Her hair looks unnaturally thick for a lady her age. The front hair seems to be combed back over a false piece. Does anyone else sense this?

Sometimes it does look golden brown & in other pictures it's dark, which is her natural coloure!
diffucalt to say amina1,she regulary dye her hair,but I think it's black

Sometimes it does look golden brown & in other pictures it's dark, which is her natural coloure!

I think that her natural hair-color is most likely a very dark brown. It looks to me like she adds warm brown and gold tones to her hair. Her eyebrows are very dark, and her skin tone looks like that of a person who is a naturally dark brunette. I really like the way her hair looks when it has the warm brown tones in it. It adds richness.

Back
Top Bottom