Royals' hair dyeing and wigs

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LadyK said:
Not Sure:
Martha-Louise of Norway

I think she does. Or at least she has blonde highlights which of course would make her dye all her hair to neutralize her color.

She definitely uses highlights.

kerry said:
I've always thought that Queen Beatrix wore a wig. Maybe because her hair just never seems out of place. Now I know its hairspray.

Yep, a special brand of American hairspray she seems to use for decades. So no Wella, Schwarzkopf, L'Oréal or other European hairsprays.

:flowers:

Henri M., I for one would love to know the brand.;)

Apparantly QE2 uses Elnett hairspray. I wonder if Queen Bea uses that.

kerry said:
Henri M., I for one would love to know the brand.;)

Aquanet or Finalnet would be my guess. Those were the American brands my mother used during her hairdressing career when beehives were de rigeur...and they REALLY hold up!

That's funny because I was just thinking Aqua Net. It has been around for ages, too. My granny use to use that brand! :flowers:

Can't imagine Queen Beatrix with any other hairstyle but can't help but wonder how she would look with a style like the Duchess of Cornwall.

Lady Bluffton said:
Aquanet or Finalnet would be my guess. Those were the American brands my mother used during her hairdressing career when beehives were de rigeur...and they REALLY hold up!

Aquanet:lol: !

My Nana used that hairspray. The smell used to drive me crazy when I was a kid.:lol:

kerry said:
Can't imagine Queen Beatrix with any other hairstyle but can't help but wonder how she would look with a style like the Duchess of Cornwall.

It is very, very seldom that the Queen is clicked without her characteristic royal hairdo.

Here is a picture of the Queen travelling icognito, with big sunglasses and flat hairdo.

Henri M. said:
It is very, very seldom that the Queen is clicked without her characteristic royal hairdo.

Here is a picture of the Queen travelling icognito, with big sunglasses and flat hairdo.

Thanks Henri M. I like that look on the Queen. :flowers:

are you joking ?

as I know swedish grils dye their hair I have no illusion...:lol:

acdc1 said:
What about Mette-Marit? I'm pretty sure she's naturally blonde, but sometimes it seems that she has dark roots.

QB's hairdo in the photo

I was just looking at the photo originally by Henri M. I cannot believe how that hair-do really changes her looks. I think it makes her look years younger....

Are there any dye jobs or wigs gone bad photos out there? :witch::ROFLMAO:

Well for one I think that QB was indeed much younger on that pic.
And second I am still not convinced she doesn't sport a helmet. :ermm:
However, it is great to have such a signature look in her position, since I imagine, without it, she will indeed not be recognized that much.
I saw a pic of her at one of her grandchildrens birth, she either went or came to/from the hospital, her hair was not styled and she looked so much nicer, much softer and prettier. But, than I would assume, that soft and pretty is not on her agenda when she gets down to monarchial business.

Silvia dyes her hair, and everyone who thinks otherwise probably also believes that her facial skin, which is pulled tighter than a blown up ballon just aged gracefully.

Maxima dyes her hair too and IMO a bit too bleachy blonde, her freakled and heavily rouged face does not go well with the Marilyn peroxide.

I don't think that hair dye is necessarily a bad thing for anybody. My mom gets her hair dyed her natural color because she started going grey in her twenties.

I've never heard of any royal ladies or men wearing wigs. Are there any out there?

I'm not sure, but I do believe many royal ladies may wear falls, pieces and perhaps clip on extensions for special events. It's nothing new, most celebrities wear hair pieces to add volume or whatever.

GlitteringTiaras said:
I'm not sure, but I do believe many royal ladies may wear falls, pieces and perhaps clip on extensions for special events. It's nothing new, most celebrities wear hair pieces to add volume or whatever.

Its very normal for them to do so, hardly shows. It helps alot when wanting to put your hair up.

Henri M. said:

I was just wondering yesterday if Queen Bea didn't have her signature helment hair, what she would look like. But now I know- scary!:eek:

Henri M. said:

I don't know the date of that pic but to me she looks a zillion times better, despite the fact that I know that for some Queens like Elizabeth I, Sofia and Beatrix their hairdos are her signatures and one won't get acostumed to a change that easy, Queen Elizabeth's hairdo is as a national institution as the Queen is itself. ;)

Lady Bluffton said:
Sorry, guys, my mom was a hairdresser, and I have been trained to spot dyed, bleached, and altered hair of all types.

CP Mary IS indeed dyeing her hair. Very subtle, but it has a rich color to it that just wasn't there before. She used to be a very dull brunette, but something has been added to the mix.

Not a bad thing...very attractive, but it's there!:D
I have to agree, Mary definately dyes her hair. I'm not a hair stylist but I have been coloring my hair for a long time and can spot a color job pretty well. Although I'm not saying that Mary's hair looks bad, in fact I quite like it auburn, but I do think that her natural color is lighter with less pizazz.

LadyK said:
I was just wondering yesterday if Queen Bea didn't have her signature helment hair, what she would look like. But now I know- scary!:eek:

Mmmm I remember seeing a picture of Beatrix during a visit to the NL Antilles (i don't remember whether it was 2001 or 2006, the last two visits...or maybe a previous one) with her hair all flat due to rain and humidity there. In spite of the messy result, she looked really fine and modern! :flowers:

Does anyone remember this picture, and can maybe post it?

I merged this thread with an old thread called "Royals who dye their hair" so now, you will find some interesting pictures at the beginning of this thread.

Have fun! :flowers:

Mandy

Elsa M. said:

Was she scratching her nose?? jajaajajaja

I am also trying to decode this gesture:

http://www.ad.nl/multimedia/archive/00048/maxima_oranjefan_48586h.jpg

Anyway more pics of Maxima with different hair color tones:

http://www.jujuy.com/fotos/maxima1.jpg

http://archive.laprensa.com.sv/20040514/vivir/614592.jpg

http://www.libertaddigital.com/fotos/noticias/holaprincipesholanda.jpg

es.geocities.com/luciernagasmias/maxima1.jpg

Elsa M said:

The Princess was accompanying Signor Carlo Azeglio Ciampi, the President of Italy, during his State Visit to the Netherlands.

Two toddlers, who offered flowers to the Princess and to Madame Ciampi, were making fun and the Princess played a bit with the two. This picture is made in 0,0001 second and looks weird, but actually it was a lovely interaction between the Princess and the toddlers.

Verde Esmeralda said:
Was she scratching her nose?? jajaajajaja

I am also trying to decode this gesture:

http://www.ad.nl/multimedia/archive/00048/maxima_oranjefan_48586h.jpg

The Princess was, immensely tensed, watching the very last moments of a ice skating final during the Olympic Winter Games in Turin, Italy.

Verde Esmeralda said:
Mmmm I remember seeing a picture of Beatrix during a visit to the NL Antilles (i don't remember whether it was 2001 or 2006, the last two visits...or maybe a previous one) with her hair all flat due to rain and humidity there. In spite of the messy result, she looked really fine and modern! :flowers:

Does anyone remember this picture, and can maybe post it?

I dunno if this is the one...its 2006 and i got it from RoyalPress
ImageShack - Hosting :: beatrixhairtz0.jpg

thanks, but no...

i went through most of the 2006 aruba pics and i couldn't find it. I guess it was 2001...

Henri M. said:
[/i]

The Princess was accompanying Signor Carlo Azeglio Ciampi, the President of Italy, during his State Visit to the Netherlands.

Two toddlers, who offered flowers to the Princess and to Madame Ciampi, were making fun and the Princess played a bit with the two. This picture is made in 0,0001 second and looks weird, but actually it was a lovely interaction between the Princess and the toddlers.

The Princess was, immensely tensed, watching the very last moments of a ice skating final during the Olympic Winter Games in Turin, Italy.

Thanks Henri M.!

Are there any videos of these two occasions?

Back to the topic, another picture of Máxima with a different (hair) style and colour...

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3127/maxima8cq.jpg

Back
Top Bottom