Royals before and after!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marie Cavallier will suit very well this thread, just wait a few more months and we will have lots to talk about! She will be very different a few months later;)!

Mar lost a lot of weigth and now she has money to spend on clothes and she has good taste on clothes, also she should have a very good fashion adviser, btu she is natural elegant!

She came from, let's say Australia (Tasmania) and now she lives in Denmark, with a considerably less friendly weather..!! :ermm: How tanned can you get?

I was thinking the same thing.

Perhaps the change of colour is merely change of climate?

she was plain before her wedding, and she is plain now, no difference for me
I understand why she put lot of make up, because without, her complexion is dull

I agree, I think it's for that she choose a "theatrical" look, because she is very ordinary, and she know that

i think that Mary's nose before was a little bit different. Can anyone see the difference?

I never noticed it before but I think you're right! Her nose definitely looks different in the close-up pic than it does now. I think Mary's nose is one of her very distinctive features; cute, pert and upturned. However, I remember thinking that when I first saw her in their engagement pics so I wonder when she had surgery (if she did, in fact, have her nose done).

I agree that she's lighter, but I think it's because she's doing less activities outdoors, for a number of reasons: she has her official engagements, many of which take place inside; she has two babies under the age of two to care for, which robs you of some of your free time, and it's chillier in Denmark, so outdoor activites are sometimes harder in the winter.

I agree with you on this one. Maybe she has had some sort of procedure but I think her recent complexion is due to a different lifestyle in a different climate. Being of similar age to Mary, I know it is common for women to tan when they are younger then avoid it when they reach a certain age.

I'm not sure if anyone's posted Mette Marit before and after but here are some, I don't think she's changed much, she dresses better now, before she wore what a typical 20 year old would wear out and about like jeans and cute tops now she has a more sophisticated style. Her hair changed back to blonde and she stopped smoking.

Before:

1. METTE_MARIT_015_med.jpg - Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

2. ImageShack - Hosting :: untitledtruecolor038br.jpg

3. ImageShack - Hosting :: cav8dlzo5oh.jpg

After:

1. ImageShack - Hosting :: ca456dgd6lf.jpg

2. ImageShack - Hosting :: caohwlkr3zz.jpg

Haakon and Mette Marit:

Before:

1. ImageShack - Hosting :: annegreteeidsvig114882c0cm.jpg

2. ImageShack - Hosting :: haakonmetteoslo17ukp0bn.jpg

I believe Mette-Marit looks much better with shorter and a tad darker blonde, as seen in this photo, than the long white blonde hairstyle as of late. She has amazing bone structure, example in this photo, it would be nice to see her cut her hair this short again.

She's still beautiful, in my opinion, but she needs to update her hair a bit.

:flowers:

I believe Mette-Marit looks much better with shorter and a tad darker blonde

I agree with you about Mette-Marit. I like her hair a bit shorter also. I also like it when she wears it pulled back for formal events. There is just something about M-M.

I never noticed it before but I think you're right! Her nose definitely looks different in the close-up pic than it does now. I think Mary's nose is one of her very distinctive features; cute, pert and upturned. However, I remember thinking that when I first saw her in their engagement pics so I wonder when she had surgery (if she did, in fact, have her nose done).

I agree with you on this one. Maybe she has had some sort of procedure but I think her recent complexion is due to a different lifestyle in a different climate. Being of similar age to Mary, I know it is common for women to tan when they are younger then avoid it when they reach a certain age.

I personally Don't think Mary has had anything done to her face- i think when she lost weight her face changed. i know if I lose weight my cheek bones stand out more and it makes your nose less puffy as in Mary's case. i think she lookes fine to me..:flowers: It also depends on which angle you are standing when you have your photo taken. A professional photographer knows how to take decent photos of your nose , face and body using better angles and soft lighting etc and the Starmakers photos are POOR quality ones...

Last edited:
I personally Don't think Mary has had anything done to her face- i think when she lost weight her face changed. i know if I lose weight my cheek bones stand out more and it makes your nose less puffy as in Mary's case. i think she lookes fine to me..:flowers: It also depends on which angle you are standing when you have your photo taken. A professional photographer knows how to take decent photos of your nose , face and body using better angles and soft lighting etc and the Starmakers photos are POOR quality ones...

I agree on the poor quality of those pictures you mention, but still Mary's nose look more pointy now than before. And I am not sure whether weight loss would affect someone's nose shape really ... :ermm:

I don't think a weight gain or loss would affect the shape of someone's nose. Honestly, I didn't even recognize Mary in those pictures and I would bet they were taken in the early 90's. I also think that if she did have her nose done, she had it done before she became a princess, even before she met Frederik. As I wrote before, her nose is the feature that I noticed about her because it is cute, perky and upturned. It seems it is much slimmer now. A rhinoplasty is a popular procedure that many "average" people have here in the U.S. and Canada.

wow it is amazing what money can do to someones looks.

I totaly agree.

Most women have the potention to look good, and money plays a big part of it.
Because even if some one hasn't the right sense of fashoin with money you can use the best stylists and designers.
Some times I try an outfit in the store that loos great on me and flatter me, makes me look thinner and youger..... but i just can't afford it. So when you have the financial ability that changes everythig.

I like a few others, am not convinced that Mary had anything done to her nose. Not only do we not know how much airbrushing and "doctoring" goes on to "royal" photos but we also don't know if there was "doctoring" to the old pics. I mean, it seems to make sense to me that a company would release photos that show a not so polished person that is now a known public figure. Seems possible to me! However, those pics are just awfully poor quality anyone would look bad.

Anyways, I was going through some pictures on-line just for the sake of comparing and I found 2 pictures. I don't know about anyone else but I think the pictures show her nose to look similar to the way it looks in the older pictures. I don't really see much of a difference at least! Maybe it looks so different in other "royal" pictures because of lighting and capturing her in the right angle. Maybe some of it is also because we are all so use to seeing Mary like she is right now. In the below pictures the angles are not as favorable as many other pictures plus 1 picture is shadowy because of Mary's arm being up in the air waving. Both are still good pictures of her. I don't know but to me it demonstrates that there is really no difference in her nose from before to now.

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Last edited:
The changes are sometimes very logical. People change after 10 or 20 years. People get wrinkels when they get older. The fashion changes, what we liked in the 80s looks stupid now. If someone realy changed for me it would be like Rania who had plastic surgery. Then you have an extreme change from one day to another.

I wonder if Princess Caroline has had a face lift or another kind of cosmetic surgery done to her face. The reason I say this, is I was looking at the thread on her jewels, where some members conducted a fascinating investigation of when she wore her favorite jewels, and I kept getting confused about the latest pictures (spring 07) thinking they were earlier pictures because she looked younger than in the older pictures, wearing the same jewels. It may be that many of the recent pictures had been airbrushed when older ones had not been. In some recent pictures (not about jewelry), she looks like the "old" Princess Caroline, no pun intended. Anybody has an opinion ? What is striking too is that her features are so much sweeter, softer, more gentle with the, let's say, non-airbrushed pictures. She had begun to acquire a hard air about her (at least in some pictures) and in recent ones, she looks a lot gentler. Maybe just her mood ? A splendid summer ?

mary and starmakers

For me, if you think that it is something that can help you in your life then why not go for it. I think CP Mary realized that if she was to have a relationship with CP Frederick, she needs to know how to act and present herself in certain situations. I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to develop oneself into a better person. Besides, whether she did it with being a princess in mind is not a big deal. I think it's okay, knowing that if the relationship will deepen, she eventually needs to know how to act as a princess.

, it is very interesting, all this, I did not know about image consultant, how do you fing one? and how do yo know it is good? a course in Starmakers just after he left sidney, i think too soon for her, only if she wanted really to catch him! too early in the relation but this is my thought of course! certenly she looks different the same goes with maxima? where did she learn everything?

Each time I see pictures of Mary before and after as well as at the beginning and now, I am completely amazed. She is totally transformed, yet it seems so natural.

Truly a stunning Consort in Waiting there. I don't know what 'was in the water' when she was growing up in Tasmania, but the outcome is a precious pearl.

Each time I see pictures of Mary before and after as well as at the beginning and now, I am completely amazed. She is totally transformed, yet it seems so natural.
i agree with you she is completely transofrmed and it look so natural, die to know the secret or to meet the bunch of people who made posible the transformation

Ashelen, I'm with you! Such a collection of photos tells why it would be wonderful to know the details of the transformation as she has really grown in her royal role. But it would be ever better to have access to such things oneself! Coz the pictures really demonstrate the potential everyone has, given the right resources. But I wonder if everyone would be able to do it so seemingly natural. Perhaps destiny was in the water!

Ashelen, I'm with you! Such a collection of photos tells why it would be wonderful to know the details of the transformation as she has really grown in her royal role. But it would be ever better to have access to such things oneself! Coz the pictures really demonstrate the potential everyone has, given the right resources. But I wonder if everyone would be able to do it so seemingly natural. Perhaps destiny was in the water!
I think she has a good canvas, anyone with a good ca can achieve what she had i mean a royal look, now you have to have the regiht ressources like you said, the only thing i think is different in anyone is her inteligence, we might find a lot of women with a good canvas and have the right group to transfor you in a royal regarding just look but to talk and to handle her job is another matter you have to have certain education, inteligence and the will to learn!

Her greatest beauty secret is the kindness that seems to radiate from within.

Well the inner beauty thing is all very well but the money and time which has been sunk into making Mary the gorg thing she is today would not be small. Her total appearance is completely different all the designer gear and the time she now has to focus on herself and please she will be busy but not doing what an ordinary Mum of two with full time job and little help would is a huge component. These people are so lucky in such non ordinary ways I have been in aposition to watch and observe and I CANNOT tell you ...none of you would believe me and I have already said too much but trust me inner beauty has little to do with it.

Well the inner beauty thing is all very well but the money and time which has been sunk into making Mary the gorg thing she is today would not be small. Her total appearance is completely different all the designer gear and the time she now has to focus on herself and please she will be busy but not doing what an ordinary Mum of two with full time job and little help would is a huge component. These people are so lucky in such non ordinary ways I have been in aposition to watch and observe and I CANNOT tell you ...none of you would believe me and I have already said too much but trust me inner beauty has little to do with it.
In a way, you are correct, money and time certainly can make a difference. I have known a lot of extremely wealthy New York socialites and Chicago ones as well who have gone thru this "improvement" -- you still have to have a good gene pool to start with. I have witnessed quite a few awful "makeovers" on woman with more millions than sense. Mary has been able to keep her beautiful mature makeover pleasant and quite natural to the eye. I give her credit and she is making her country and husband extremely happy, even through a few seem to resent the fact. As long as she and Fred plus country are happy, that is her new job and good luck to her.

Mary is now a Crown Princess and future Queen...and she has to dress and look the part.We would be the first ones to pounce if she didn't! Diana also went through a transformation when she married the Prince of Wales. And yes, CP Mary was lucky enough to marry a Crown Prince. That's life! We all can't marry royalty (and to be bluntly honest, for all the perks, I wouldn't want to be married to a crown prince).
I don't sit around being jealous or envious or like some people who go to extremes and hate her for the life she has now! I mean, what would be the point? In addition, it would be a waste of my time.
CP Mary has the life she has - and I say, good for her! I have the life I have and I love it too!

you can talk i probalby i would belive you, i know it is all lot of things we can not even imagine, i am all ears and eyes.......

ashelen you are a scream I can say that these CP's are pampered and looked after like puppy dogs it is ...wel amazing.Am not talking about socialites I am unaware of their situation, but Mary would be dressed and served from morning til night little of the day to day is in that world they are just nothing like well... us. The way they live the holidays they take just organised I was totally blown away and ongoing was my amazement I am of course speaking generally and not about any one group I need to make that vvv clear. My jaw was permanently dropped but my chin I had to stick out. They also have few loyalities if any that was one really glaring observation.

Back
Top Bottom