Royals before and after!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mary's definitely glammed up alot. From the hair, to the clothes to the make-up, it's all very different.

Saturn said:
green???? her eyes are brown!!!!!!

Well, the eye colour in pictures depends actually of lot of things (light, flash, angle, etc etc) : for exemple, I have green eyes and sometimes they appear to be blue and sometimes one could just say they're brown (and sometimes, they're just red, hum!) so you can't really affirm that "her eyes are brown" !

Here you have some close-ups where her eyes are well green (again, question of all those external "influences")

(sources : pic 1 = afp; pics 2 and 3 = getty images; pic 4 = goff, originally posted by purple platinium)

Last edited:
To me her eyes look hazel, brown with a little bit of green in them. I sometimes see pictures where her eyes are more green than brown and somedays her eyes are more brown then green.:)

Could she possibly wear coloured contact lenses?

I'm not sure if anyone's posted Mette Marit before and after but here are some, I don't think she's changed much, she dresses better now, before she wore what a typical 20 year old would wear out and about like jeans and cute tops now she has a more sophisticated style. Her hair changed back to blonde and she stopped smoking.

Before:

1. http://www.supload.com/free/METTE_MARIT_015_med.jpg/view/

2. http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledtruecolor038br.jpg

3. http://img494.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cav8dlzo5oh.jpg

After:

1. http://img500.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ca456dgd6lf.jpg

2. http://img284.imageshack.us/my.php?image=caohwlkr3zz.jpg

Haakon and Mette Marit:

Before:

1. http://img47.imageshack.us/my.php?image=annegreteeidsvig114882c0cm.jpg

2. http://img47.imageshack.us/my.php?image=haakonmetteoslo17ukp0bn.jpg

HRHAmy said:
To me her eyes look hazel, brown with a little bit of green in them. I sometimes see pictures where her eyes are more green than brown and somedays her eyes are more brown then green.:)

Yes, I think her eyes are hazel too. Which look green one time and then may look brown.

Mathilde1286 said:

I do not think that Mary changed a lot! out of the weight loss, but this is not exceptionnal.
Between a cool casual outfit, and an evening one, every woman changes. We are all different, when we jumb into our jeans to go to the supetrmarket, and when we dress, hairdress & makeup for our best friend's wedding!!!
She just wears more expensive clothes, but the idea is the same:cool:

think Letizia has probably changed the least from before and after. of course her appearance was already "camera ready" because of her anchor job. personally i think she should make some more alterations to a more 'royal' style. she is still in 'newsanchor' mode.

There are rumors that Infanta Cristina had plastic surgery. She changed her nose. Is it true?

fandesacs2003 said:
I do not think that Mary changed a lot! out of the weight loss, but this is not exceptionnal.
Between a cool casual outfit, and an evening one, every woman changes. We are all different, when we jumb into our jeans to go to the supetrmarket, and when we dress, hairdress & makeup for our best friend's wedding!!!
She just wears more expensive clothes, but the idea is the same:cool:

I agree with you .Mary didn't change a lot from what she was before,her style for sure changed,but she's the same,I mean physically,only lost some weight.

One of the biggest changes I've ever seen is Infanta Elena:cool:
To:

Source: cover, seegerpress

Quite a change, from a tomboyish style in her youth to a sophisticated lady now. Her face might not launch a thousand ships to war, like her namesake Helen of Troy's, but Elena of Spain's glamour and style could at least send a speed boat after her.

Toledo said:
Quite a change, from a tomboyish style in her youth to a sophisticated lady now. Her face might not launch a thousand ships to war, like her namesake Helen of Troy's, but Elena of Spain's glamour and style could at least send a speed boat after her.

And her body is kinda awesome for a 42 year old woman with 2 kids, but again it seems to be a trend in this family: Sofia, Elena, Cristina (I didn't put Leti because she's not blood to the other women:rolleyes: ;) ):D

Monalisa said:
Queen noor of jordan.

----before:

1-QN Lisa Halaby then.
2-April 2000,a lot of winkles.
Wrinkles, that is what you get if you live in a desert!!

Mary Donaldson has lost too much weight and looks strained and drawn not healthy at all.It is very sad to see the way these women change themselves so much once they become public figures

enchantednights said:
wow it is amazing what money can do to someones looks.

Amen Enchantednights. What I'd give to have some money for a personal trainer and great clothes :)

Ygraine said:
Mary Donaldson has lost too much weight and looks strained and drawn not healthy at all.It is very sad to see the way these women change themselves so much once they become public figures

Agreed, if you look at the Starmaker photographs and even earlier pictures you can really see how dramatic the change in Mary has been.

well I guess that once you become a public figure, you become more conscious of your image because of people talking about you. It seems that you are damned if you do, damned if you don't. The public can be very cruel, i mean, the public labelled the Duchess of York as "Duchess of Pork". Even if the person is of a healthy size, the public would pick at something else to critisize- its just the way it works.

It's probably like how some women try and lose weight before their wedding day, why do they do that? Its because they know everyone is going to be looking at them.

Last edited:
Australian said:
well I guess that once you become a public figure, you become more conscious of your image because of people talking about you. It seems that you are damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I really agree with you, Australian! I think if any of us become a public figure we would change some little things in our look too. Princess Mary worries with her look but I believe she does that because she cares for the people. Our image and the way we go dressed everyday are demonstrations of Respect we have for the Others. No matter if Mary is in some Gala Dinner or just shaking hands in the street, she is always perfect in her look, and I admire her for that.

Last edited:
Gita said:
In the last several years of her life Diana, Princess of Wales worked out a lot in the gym, transformed her figure and developed a style unique to her. She blossomed into a true beauty even though she was beautiful during the 1980's.

I agree. I also laughed when I was reading about the media trying to prove P Diana had plastic surgery on her nose. She told a friend "If I'd had plastic surgery, do they really think I'd have chosen this nose????!!!";) She had a quick wit about her!

maryshawn said:
I agree. I also laughed when I was reading about the media trying to prove P Diana had plastic surgery on her nose. She told a friend "If I'd had plastic surgery, do they really think I'd have chosen this nose????!!!";) She had a quick wit about her!

ha ha ha is true, was an aswer VERY diana's sense of humor. i was forget the promour abut the nose's sugery.

polop said:

Madeleine looks beautiful now, but with all the dark tanning she does, I'm afraid she's going to pay the price 20 years from now when her face starts premature aging. She really should learn a lesson from her mother. :(
The best cure for skin damage is to stay out of the sun... or use sunscreen!

Monalisa said:
queen noor of jordan after----

1&2 during 2004,she lost her winkles,and there's a big difference with before for the nose,lips and ckekbones!

you shouldnt forget photoshop :D

this picture looks absolutely photoshoped... contrast saturation - you can manipulate everything - i work with it everyday.

but i agree that queen noor did something on her nose...
but on normal pictures - she has always wrinkles..

Gosh! I didn't realize that Mette Marit wasn't natrually blonde! I knew she wasn't flaxen Blonde, but mousey brown?! A real change! As for Queen Beatrix she really slimmed and trimmed, and it is so apparent, how in love she was with Prince Claus.:rolleyes:

Of all of the most recent crown princesses, Mary has made the biggest change to her appearance. Her weightloss is quite staggering, she obvious left the need to lose weight, which is sad. She looked great when she lived in Australia. Now she is thin and pale.

wow- cp mette-marit has really changed! before she was quite small and now she is bigger- not in terms of weight really, but in personality she seems to have gained more self-assurance and she stands taller, holds herself up better and also, is not so dreadfully skinny anymore!:)

Monalisa said:
the big difference is clear for queen rania of jordan!

-----before:

1&2-pictures from her school's album,in kuwait,when she was 17.
3-picture from her university in cairo.
4&5-from she was unkonwen princess.
6-from when she was a new queen1999.

I think Rania is the royal that most changed. WOW!

Back
Top Bottom