The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-03-2006, 08:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ygraine
Mary Donaldson has lost too much weight and looks strained and drawn not healthy at all.It is very sad to see the way these women change themselves so much once they become public figures
Agreed, if you look at the Starmaker photographs and even earlier pictures you can really see how dramatic the change in Mary has been.

Old 04-03-2006, 09:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

well I guess that once you become a public figure, you become more conscious of your image because of people talking about you. It seems that you are damned if you do, damned if you don't. The public can be very cruel, i mean, the public labelled the Duchess of York as "Duchess of Pork". Even if the person is of a healthy size, the public would pick at something else to critisize- its just the way it works.

It's probably like how some women try and lose weight before their wedding day, why do they do that? Its because they know everyone is going to be looking at them.

Old 04-05-2006, 03:31 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
well I guess that once you become a public figure, you become more conscious of your image because of people talking about you. It seems that you are damned if you do, damned if you don't.
I really agree with you, Australian! I think if any of us become a public figure we would change some little things in our look too. Princess Mary worries with her look but I believe she does that because she cares for the people. Our image and the way we go dressed everyday are demonstrations of Respect we have for the Others. No matter if Mary is in some Gala Dinner or just shaking hands in the street, she is always perfect in her look, and I admire her for that.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gita
In the last several years of her life Diana, Princess of Wales worked out a lot in the gym, transformed her figure and developed a style unique to her. She blossomed into a true beauty even though she was beautiful during the 1980's.
I agree. I also laughed when I was reading about the media trying to prove P Diana had plastic surgery on her nose. She told a friend "If I'd had plastic surgery, do they really think I'd have chosen this nose????!!!" She had a quick wit about her!
Old 04-05-2006, 10:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
I agree. I also laughed when I was reading about the media trying to prove P Diana had plastic surgery on her nose. She told a friend "If I'd had plastic surgery, do they really think I'd have chosen this nose????!!!" She had a quick wit about her!
ha ha ha is true, was an aswer VERY diana's sense of humor. i was forget the promour abut the nose's sugery.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 04-09-2006, 09:00 PM
Courtier

CP Mette Marit

(getty, scanpix, AP, scanpix, reuters)

Old 04-10-2006, 06:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by polop
Princess Madeleine has changed a LOT!!!
Before she had a normal complexion and was healthy, NOW she is OBSESSED with tanning.:)

BEFORE:

http://www.warholm.nu/prinsessan_liten.jpg

NOW:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...lr%3D%26sa%3DN

:)
Madeleine looks beautiful now, but with all the dark tanning she does, I'm afraid she's going to pay the price 20 years from now when her face starts premature aging. She really should learn a lesson from her mother. :(
The best cure for skin damage is to stay out of the sun... or use sunscreen!
Old 04-15-2006, 09:56 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monalisa
queen noor of jordan after----

1&2 during 2004,she lost her winkles,and there's a big difference with before for the nose,lips and ckekbones!
you shouldnt forget photoshop

this picture looks absolutely photoshoped... contrast saturation - you can manipulate everything - i work with it everyday.

but i agree that queen noor did something on her nose...
but on normal pictures - she has always wrinkles..
Old 05-09-2006, 11:37 AM
Royal Highness

Gosh! I didn't realize that Mette Marit wasn't natrually blonde! I knew she wasn't flaxen Blonde, but mousey brown?! A real change! As for Queen Beatrix she really slimmed and trimmed, and it is so apparent, how in love she was with Prince Claus.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:27 PM
Nobility

Of all of the most recent crown princesses, Mary has made the biggest change to her appearance. Her weightloss is quite staggering, she obvious left the need to lose weight, which is sad. She looked great when she lived in Australia. Now she is thin and pale.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:03 PM
Aristocracy

wow- cp mette-marit has really changed! before she was quite small and now she is bigger- not in terms of weight really, but in personality she seems to have gained more self-assurance and she stands taller, holds herself up better and also, is not so dreadfully skinny anymore!:)
Old 08-31-2006, 05:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monalisa
the big difference is clear for queen rania of jordan!

-----before:

1&2-pictures from her school's album,in kuwait,when she was 17.
3-picture from her university in cairo.
4&5-from she was unkonwen princess.
6-from when she was a new queen1999.
I think Rania is the royal that most changed. WOW!
Old 09-03-2006, 08:12 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
Victoria has changed alot during the last 10 years. Ofcourse she has gone from a young woman to an adult, but she has also changed her weight, style and so on...

some examples of her looks from 1996- 2004
There's a periode where Victoria suffered from eating disorder,and lost dramatically weight,when it was and for how many time?
Old 09-03-2006, 08:47 AM
Heir Apparent

About 1996 or 1997. She has an anorexia confirmed by the palace.

Photos on pages 9 and 10 http://pro.corbis.com/search/searchFrame.aspx
Old 09-03-2006, 08:54 AM
Courtier

I feel that among all the current royal ladies who married into a royal family - the one that changed most drastically and dramatically is Queen Rania. Almost all the others, Mathilda, Maxima, Letizia, Alexandra, Mary, MM etc, just bascially lost some weight, got more desiger clothes to wear and were more polish in their appreance but Queen Rania - it's like she had a complete make over.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:08 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
About 1996 or 1997. She has an anorexia confirmed by the palace.

Photos on pages 9 and 10 http://pro.corbis.com/search/searchFrame.aspx
Thanks magnik,I can't see the pics though
Old 09-03-2006, 09:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salomé
Thanks magnik,I can't see the pics though
You must waite few seconds and they will show.

If not, here you go the link to corbis http://pro.corbis.com/default.aspx
Write Victoria of Sweden and whe it show go to pages 9 and 10.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:26 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza
I feel that among all the current royal ladies who married into a royal family - the one that changed most drastically and dramatically is Queen Rania. Almost all the others, Mathilda, Maxima, Letizia, Alexandra, Mary, MM etc, just bascially lost some weight, got more desiger clothes to wear and were more polish in their appreance but Queen Rania - it's like she had a complete make over.
This is what i think,she is maybe now one of the most beautiful royals,but her before pictures show that she was completly an other person,I don't say that she was a monster or so,but she was the very average looking girl next door,some would say that she already had the potentiel to be beautiful,but then what about the other royal women who didn't get any help of plastic surergy and yet are beautiful,regadless to the fashions help or weight lose which are minim,and I think they all had help of that.

I think every Human Man /Woman has the potentiel to be beautiful and well dressed,with some help,but when the plastic surergy helps,it's an other thing.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:47 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
You must waite few seconds and they will show.

If not, here you go the link to corbis http://pro.corbis.com/default.aspx
Write Victoria of Sweden and whe it show go to pages 9 and 10.
Thanks magnik,I can see them now.

What I see that in october 1996,victoria was really healthy and was a bit overweighted,and June 1997 she was really skinny,but was scary on December 1997,I guess the big weight change was between october 96 and June 97,and in this periode she was studying at french university of Angers,but i can't find pictures of this periode.

I guess that her dramatical weight lose was maybe a result of the presure which was on her as a celebrity princess who studies in a foreign university,and she wanted to give a more glamour image of her,but she fell into trapp of draconian diets .

Now I am happy that she overcame all that with the precious help of her family and swedish peole who love her.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salomé
Thanks magnik,I can see them now.

I guess that her dramatical weight lose was maybe a result of the presure which was on her as a celebrity princess who studies in a foreign university,and she wanted to give a more glamour image of her,but she fell into trapp of draconian diets .
Victoria's eating disorder was a result of increasing public commitments, bigger media interest and after al that stress. There was more presure of gossip magazines and newspapers for Victoria. She became a subject of many gossip in the yellow press f.ex. that she is "round" or that Silvia had to restrict Vici's chocolate consumption becouse she was getting heavy etc.. Result of that was that she turned a strict diet into an obsession.
She goes to Uppsala University (political science) and than to Yale University - hoping to stay out of spotlight.