Royals before and after!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yennie said:
Victoria has changed alot during the last 10 years. Ofcourse she has gone from a young woman to an adult, but she has also changed her weight, style and so on...

some examples of her looks from 1996- 2004

There's a periode where Victoria suffered from eating disorder,and lost dramatically weight,when it was and for how many time?

I feel that among all the current royal ladies who married into a royal family - the one that changed most drastically and dramatically is Queen Rania. Almost all the others, Mathilda, Maxima, Letizia, Alexandra, Mary, MM etc, just bascially lost some weight, got more desiger clothes to wear and were more polish in their appreance but Queen Rania - it's like she had a complete make over.

Eliza said:
I feel that among all the current royal ladies who married into a royal family - the one that changed most drastically and dramatically is Queen Rania. Almost all the others, Mathilda, Maxima, Letizia, Alexandra, Mary, MM etc, just bascially lost some weight, got more desiger clothes to wear and were more polish in their appreance but Queen Rania - it's like she had a complete make over.

This is what i think,she is maybe now one of the most beautiful royals,but her before pictures show that she was completly an other person,I don't say that she was a monster or so,but she was the very average looking girl next door,some would say that she already had the potentiel to be beautiful,but then what about the other royal women who didn't get any help of plastic surergy and yet are beautiful,regadless to the fashions help or weight lose which are minim,and I think they all had help of that.

I think every Human Man /Woman has the potentiel to be beautiful and well dressed,with some help,but when the plastic surergy helps,it's an other thing.

magnik said:
You must waite few seconds and they will show.

If not, here you go the link to corbis http://pro.corbis.com/default.aspx
Write Victoria of Sweden and whe it show go to pages 9 and 10.

Thanks magnik,I can see them now.

What I see that in october 1996,victoria was really healthy and was a bit overweighted,and June 1997 she was really skinny,but was scary on December 1997,I guess the big weight change was between october 96 and June 97,and in this periode she was studying at french university of Angers,but i can't find pictures of this periode.

I guess that her dramatical weight lose was maybe a result of the presure which was on her as a celebrity princess who studies in a foreign university,and she wanted to give a more glamour image of her,but she fell into trapp of draconian diets .

Now I am happy that she overcame all that with the precious help of her family and swedish peole who love her.

Salomé said:

I guess that her dramatical weight lose was maybe a result of the presure which was on her as a celebrity princess who studies in a foreign university,and she wanted to give a more glamour image of her,but she fell into trapp of draconian diets .
Victoria's eating disorder was a result of increasing public commitments, bigger media interest and after al that stress. There was more presure of gossip magazines and newspapers for Victoria. She became a subject of many gossip in the yellow press f.ex. that she is "round" or that Silvia had to restrict Vici's chocolate consumption becouse she was getting heavy etc.. Result of that was that she turned a strict diet into an obsession.
She goes to Uppsala University (political science) and than to Yale University - hoping to stay out of spotlight.

Kelly said:
Yes, I think her eyes are hazel too. Which look green one time and then may look brown.
Hazel eyes tend to be brown around the iris and green around the rim(mine are hazel) So yes depending on what your wearing they may look more brown or more green.
I think Maxima looks better when she dosen't try to look so pulled together I don't care for alot of her daywear(I love her evening gowns though and how she looks then and her casual wear too) some of the daywear you see in this thread for her is quite good-not so boxy looking.
I love how Mett-Marit keeps he 'working' clothes a little on the casual side.
I think Mary has quite a unique style-alot of prints for example and wears pant alot too.I think she looks contrained too much when she wears a suit though.Letizia is always chic no matter what she wears.Madeleine is a true beauty.

Last edited:
Salomé said:

What I see that in october 1996,victoria was really healthy and was a bit overweighted,and June 1997 she was really skinny,but was scary on December 1997,I guess the big weight change was between october 96 and June 97,and in this periode she was studying at french university of Angers,but i can't find pictures of this periode.

You are right. Quite impressive, those pics of december 1997!

I wonder if Máxima still wears hairclips...

http://prinsessenm.web-log.nl/photos/uncategorized/m06.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Rania had the most dramatic transformation. With most of the others, it was mostly losing weight, getting better clothes, and doing something about their hair and makeup. For instance, Mary looks the same, yet different. She's lost weight and gotten better style. She doesn't look that much like a twenty-something college student anymore. Rania looks very different, but then you have to remember that she was very young when she got married and became queen, so she still may have matured a little bit, also lost weight, fixed her hair, and maybe had a little surgery.

HRHAmy said:
I'm not sure if anyone's posted Mette Marit before and after but here are some, I don't think she's changed much, she dresses better now, before she wore what a typical 20 year old would wear out and about like jeans and cute tops now she has a more sophisticated style. Her hair changed back to blonde and she stopped smoking.

Before:

1. METTE_MARIT_015_med.jpg - Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

2. ImageShack - Hosting :: untitledtruecolor038br.jpg

3. ImageShack - Hosting :: cav8dlzo5oh.jpg

After:

1. ImageShack - Hosting :: ca456dgd6lf.jpg

2. ImageShack - Hosting :: caohwlkr3zz.jpg

Haakon and Mette Marit:

Before:

1. ImageShack - Hosting :: annegreteeidsvig114882c0cm.jpg

2. ImageShack - Hosting :: haakonmetteoslo17ukp0bn.jpg

I think Mette-Marit does something with her hair. It used to be darker, and it is VERY blonde now, the color of Marius' hair. I thought he got that from her, but now I'm not so sure.

But other than that and better makeup and style, she's not that different. She was always very pretty.

acdc1 said:
I think Rania had the most dramatic transformation. With most of the others, it was mostly losing weight, getting better clothes, and doing something about their hair and makeup. For instance, Mary looks the same, yet different. She's lost weight and gotten better style. She doesn't look that much like a twenty-something college student anymore. Rania looks very different, but then you have to remember that she was very young when she got married and became queen, so she still may have matured a little bit, also lost weight, fixed her hair, and maybe had a little surgery.
I think aside from her nose job Rania doesn't really look any different. Her face still looks the same, the photos from her school in Kuwait demonstrate that the most.

So, was Mette Marit's hair like a honey blond or was she a brunette?

acdc1 said:

It's totally my thoughts,and I could not say it better.

For me Mary is exactly the same,unless she lost some weight,i mean no plastic surergy on there,and the pictures posted above are from her at Sydeny Olympics looking tired under sun with nomakeup and no fashion clothes,for me she was still looking ok .

As for Rania of course it's the most dramatic change around here,it's not only the nose job (at least,some of her last pictures it was abvious she had injections on her upper lip,and her forhead and around eyes,look very botoxed, you can see that from her expressions,no expressions actually!) ,but also the hair,weight,clothes,and skin bleaching...somebody talked about skin bleaching of princess Mary,I find that ridiculous,she's european originally,she doesn't need that,she was tanned under australian sun,and now in the north cold weather,she is back to her original complexion,you ca see that on her sleeves and neck,but for queen rania,it's more obvious from her previous photos,she had olive skin before when she was a kid,teen and even a princess,and the culte of skin bleaching is more popular in middle east,asia and africa,never for europeeans,who tend to tan instead bleaching,like princess Madeleine,queen silvia and duchess of luxembourg!

TamaraKhan said:
It's totally my thoughts,and I could not say it better.

For me Mary is exactly the same,unless she lost some weight,i mean no plastic surergy on there,and the pictures posted above are from her at Sydeny Olympics looking tired under sun with nomakeup and no fashion clothes,for me she was still looking ok .
Personally I think she looks overweight in those photos with stringy greasy hair and poor skin. I don't see how anyone can class that as "ok". Those photos were not taken at the Olympics but at the cinema, a year plus later.

TamaraKhan said:
As for Rania of course it's the most dramatic change around here,it's not only the nose job (at least,some of her last pictures it was abvious she had injections on her upper lip,
I think I rememeber the photos you are refering to and somebody pointed out
it simply looked like she was wearing alot of lipliner. This seemed to be the case especially as the day before and the following day her lips had seemed the same.

TamaraKhan said:
and her forhead and around eyes,look very botoxed, you can see that from her expressions,no expressions actually!)
If that was the case she wouldn't be laughing and smiling in the recent photos at the Children's Museum. Yet she is clearly doing both.

TamaraKhan said:
but also the hair,weight,clothes,and skin bleaching...somebody talked about skin bleaching of princess Mary,I find that ridiculous,she's european originally,she doesn't need that,she was tanned under australian sun,and now in the north cold weather,she is back to her original complexion,you ca see that on her sleeves and neck,
Mary's skin colour dropped several shades in the space of a few months. She went from having a very natural tan and in some cases not so natural, probably due to too much bronzer, to a deathly pale colour. Considering the large number of holidays she took, I find it hard to believe that the Danish climate was the only explanation for her dramatic skin colour change.

TamaraKhan said:
but for queen rania,it's more obvious from her previous photos,she had olive skin before when she was a kid,teen and even a princess,and the culte of skin bleaching is more popular in middle east,asia and africa,never for europeeans,who tend to tan instead bleaching,like princess Madeleine,queen silvia and duchess of luxembourg!
The bleaching trend is not just reserved for non-White socieities,. There was an interesting article recently about the rise in skin-bleaching creams in the West as over recent years the very pale look as seen on actresses like Nicole Kidman is becoming inreasinlgy popular. I actually have a colleague who started using a cream containing a bleaching ingredient because she wanted the "porcelain" look.

Little_star said:
Personally I think she looks overweight in those photos with stringy greasy hair and poor skin. I don't see how anyone can class that as "ok". Those photos were not taken at the Olympics but at the cinema, a year plus later.

I personally do not think she looks overweight in those photos, i think she looks healthy. And also, bear in mind she was not going out anywhere classy, she was just going to the movies with her friends.

^well I don't agree with all your sentences,but we agree at least that Rania lost lot of weight,had plastic surergy at least on nose (i believe that botox is not eternal,it stays 3 to 6months depending of the intensity of the product ,and Rania looks in many pictures with no expressions,so i believe she had sometimes botox injections,plus i read an article about a famous plastic surgeon(i will look for his exact name) and he quoted Queen Rania and one of his famous clients)who uses often his injections..As for Mary,youself you talk only about weight,so there's no plastic surergy,maybe both got or not a skin bleaching(imo Rania did and not Mary)but between A Queen Rania who lost dramatically weight and had obviously at least one plastic suregy and A Princess Mary who lost only weight,so the most dramatic change,is Rania's one not Mary's...

Ps:Olympics or cinema,she's not wearing fashion clothes and doesn't put makeup and ok"greassy" hair,but she's exactly the same,i am not talking about fashions,but about features,when you see that pictures,you can say very easy that is Mary,inlike Rania,where lot of people and her fans don't want to believe that it was her,some accusethat the pictures were modified to make her ugly!

By the way,Nicole Kidman is naturally very pale,as she's a redhead,and if she used a skin bleaching process so she wanted to back to her natural complexion,as she lived also before in australia,and it's not to get a complexion totally different from the one she had naturally,this is the difference between the treatement used by "non-white" societies and the white one,there's a diffrence between avoiding to tan and bleaching chimically one's skin.

Australian said:
I personally do not think she looks overweight in those photos, i think she looks healthy. And also, bear in mind she was not going out anywhere classy, she was just going to the movies with her friends.
I guess it's a matter of pride then, I would never leave the house with greasy hair and wearing clothes like that. Everybody has different standards.

TamaraKhan said:
^well I don't agree with all your sentences,but we agree at least that Rania lost lot of weight,had plastic surergy at least on nose (i believe that botox is not eternal,it stays 3 to 6months depending of the intensity of the product ,and Rania looks in many pictures with no expressions,so i believe she had sometimes botox injections,plus i read an article about a famous plastic surgeon(i will look for his exact name) and he quoted Queen Rania and one of his famous clients)who uses often his injections..
I personally disagree, but you're entitled to your opinion obviously.

TamaraKhan said:
As for Mary,youself you talk only about weight,so there's no plastic surergy,
Actually I do think Mary has had several cosmetic procedures, amongst them chemical peels and skin bleaching. i certainly didn't say I thought she had no surgery.

TamaraKhan said:
maybe both got or not a skin bleaching(imo Rania did and not Mary)but between A Queen Rania who lost dramatically weight and had obviously at least one plastic suregy and A Princess Mary who lost only weight,so the most dramatic change,is Rania's one not Mary's...
Rania dramatically lost weight?! She always looked slim to me. Even her graduation photos show that, as she still has great legs in those pictures and regardless of her cap and gown you can see she had a slim figure.

TamaraKhan said:
Ps:Olympics or cinema,she's not wearing fashion clothes and doesn't put makeup and ok"greassy" hair,but she's exactly the same,i am not talking about fashions,but about features,when you see that pictures,you can say very easy that is Mary,
That's your opinion. My own is that she looks quite different facially and I stand by my opinion that she's had work done. Having shown old photos of Mary to a Mary fan she was shocked; she didn't recognise her.

TamaraKhan said:
By the way,Nicole Kidman is naturally very pale,as she's a redhead,and if she used a skin bleaching process so she wanted to back to her natural complexion,as she lived also before in australia,and it's not to get a complexion totally different from the one she had naturally,
I'm well aware of Nicole's natural colouring, I used her as an example of the recent trend that people have emulated.

TamaraKhan said:
this is the difference between the treatement used by "non-white" societies and the white one,there's a diffrence between avoiding to tan and bleaching chimically one's skin.
Thank you but as I come from a "non-white" society I know all about the attitudes to skin colour. Perhaps you are not aware of the recent fashion trend to be pale as opposed to simply not tanning.

Little_star said:
Actually I do think Mary has had several cosmetic procedures, amongst them chemical peels and skin bleaching. i certainly didn't say I thought she had no surgery.

Bleaching? After becoming a princess, you mean? I do remember her porcelain look at the wedding..

Images that provide a good contrast of Mary's before and after ...

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e148/gerjons/zwart4.jpg

Mary looked good both before and after. She just polished up her look and lost a few pounds.

Thanks for all the pictures everyone. Most changes in princesses I'd allready seen before. But I had never really seen any old pictures of Mary. It really surprised me to see she was a bit chubby even, wow she definitely lost weight.

I read that Mary used Ole Henriksen's bleacing serum. I don't know how true it is, but Mary is clearly lighter. I don't she's naturally pale, but I guess it doesn't really matter?

I agree that she's lighter, but I think it's because she's doing less activities outdoors, for a number of reasons: she has her official engagements, many of which take place inside; she has two babies under the age of two to care for, which robs you of some of your free time, and it's chillier in Denmark, so outdoor activites are sometimes harder in the winter.

If she's using a little bleach, that's fine. Just don't go Michael Jackson on us, Mary!:eek:

acdc1 said:
I agree that she's lighter, but I think it's because she's doing less activities outdoors, for a number of reasons: she has her official engagements, many of which take place inside; she has two babies under the age of two to care for, which robs you of some of your free time, and it's chillier in Denmark, so outdoor activites are sometimes harder in the winter.

I agree to the abovementioned reasons. She came from, let's say Australia (Tasmania) and now she lives in Denmark, with a considerably less friendly weather..!! :ermm: How tanned can you get?

Besides the first close up one, the others aren't so bad. She looked like a normal woman. Of course, now that her financial situation is changed I expect she'd look different. If you look at her two sisters, they don't look much different than they did before. If I was Mary's sister, I'd want as much beauty advice and help as I can get! But, I guess they can't afford it? (or aren't interested)

nose

i think that Mary's nose before was a little bit different. Can anyone see the difference?

yes

she has changed the nose or the lips there is something really different...:ermm:

Back
Top Bottom