The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-05-2006, 09:20 PM
Royal Highness

Maxima seems to have put on a little weight, but same goes for her husband and even the husband of Mathilde of Belgium. When you get married you gain weight. It's like a curse

And yet, the Danes and the Spanish royals are still trim somehow. Although both Leti and Mary look absolutely healthy after giving birth, better than before.

The most drastic change I've seen in a royal is the face of queen Sylvia of Sweden. One word, lay off the botox! She has become something that does not seem quite human, especially when she smiles.

On the other hand, Queen Elizabeth II and Queen Sofia have aged gracefully and accepted their royal wrinkles with dignity. Neither of them was a beauty in their youth, but they prove that age, and a good string of jewels around your neck, does make you regal past your 50s . Queen Sylvia, are you listening?

Old 02-05-2006, 09:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

There is this one pic of Queen Sophia at a ball before her sons wedding. She is getting out of the car and she just has this model look on her face. Its my favourite pic of her. Its really funny how she looks but she was very pretty for a women of her age in that pic.

Old 02-14-2006, 04:56 PM
Courtier

I'm not sure where to put this question but how come some royals whitten their teeth and others don't? They all smile and have the pictures published millions of times, wouldn't it be embarssing to have yellow teeth on the cover of a magazine?

Case in point,

Yellow teeth:
1.Maxima- http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...lry-178-3.html
Post # 41

2. Mary- http://img35.imagevenue.com/img.php?...7_06020936.jpg
and white teeth:

1. Mette-Marit- http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...2&d=1105488294

2. Letezia- http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7&d=1105260812
Old 02-14-2006, 05:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amina
About QR's b4 foto's being photoshopped. Mayb the 1st one but the others no. Its obvious that she's had some surgery and yeah she has lost weight. But i don't know why because she didn't need to!!! Now she is painfully thin. The same goes for Princess Leatizia.

Diana definitely had a makeover and the same goes for QN etc.

Princess Max hasn't really changed much.

Neither has Princess Mary.

Diana had hair, makeup, lost weight and worked out a lot but she never did plastic surgery. She always had beautiful skin and eyes. She was an English Rose and wasn't an artificial beauty.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Let's not kid ourselves: every royal lady (specially those married with heirs) has had a makeover one way or another and it has a very logical explanation: they are public figures and depend on their image, we are all shallow by nature (by evolution) and we like our royalty to be good looking, the pressure is higher for the women but thank God there are beautiful gowns and stunning jewelry.

Maybe they haven't had plastic surgery but I'm sure they have had "extra help" in their development of who they are today: personal trainers, teeth straightening and whitening, couture, protocol classes, etc
Old 02-14-2006, 06:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
I think not! Diana was, IMO, merely a pretty girl with the ability to buy expensive clothes and employ a stylist to show her how to wear them. For a truly beautiful princess look at a young Pncss Margaret or the late Queen Alexandra.
I do think that what Diana had was akin to a type of beauty or handsomeness because she kept her looks. Poor Margaret lost hers in a handful of years. Diana came into her own and became even more attractive with each passing year.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakodas
I do think that what Diana had was akin to a type of beauty or handsomeness because she kept her looks. Poor Margaret lost hers in a handful of years. Diana came into her own and became even more attractive with each passing year.

What contributed to that was the fact that became a public figure when she was so very young and insecure and had not yet developed self-confidence. The confidence she developed later on enhanced her looks immensely. It's such a difference if you look at the first "public" pictures of the pre-engagement and the last ones - almost as if there were two different people.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilla
What contributed to that was the fact that became a public figure when she was so very young and insecure and had not yet developed self-confidence. The confidence she developed later on enhanced her looks immensely. It's such a difference if you look at the first "public" pictures of the pre-engagement and the last ones - almost as if there were two different people.
Well, what helped even more was that she worked on her bitterness and self-pity to overcome them-she also was not a BOOZE HOUND and smoker.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:35 PM
Polioliau

Well done Dakodas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakodas
Well, what helped even more was that she worked on her bitterness and self-pity to overcome them-she also was not a BOOZE HOUND and smoker.
Doesn't matter how much they have been trained, whether born royal or not, they looks the pits especially with cigarettes and/or booze in hand, makes them look tacky not matter what. Shows their utter selfishness as well if they have children who have to witness their disgusting behaviour.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:30 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

I love this thread! I think Mary looked better when she was a little heavier as in the early pictures of her. Both Mary and Letizia look much better now after having babies, before they both looked so anorexic. Does anyone have pictures of Mathilde and Claire before they were Princesses?:)
Old 02-15-2006, 04:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
Let's not kid ourselves: every royal lady (specially those married with heirs) has had a makeover one way or another and it has a very logical explanation: they are public figures and depend on their image, we are all shallow by nature (by evolution) and we like our royalty to be good looking, the pressure is higher for the women but thank God there are beautiful gowns and stunning jewelry.

Maybe they haven't had plastic surgery but I'm sure they have had "extra help" in their development of who they are today: personal trainers, teeth straightening and whitening, couture, protocol classes, etc
Well said! And some have had more of a makeover than others...
Old 02-15-2006, 03:22 PM
Commoner

IMO Princess Mary looks better with some more weight than she had in her first year of marriage. During her pregnancy with Christian she looked very healthy. Soem goes for Letizia when she was pregnant with Leonor.
Imo Princess Maxima didn't change a lot. A couple more freckels maybe, but she's still spontaneous, beautiful Maxima.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy
I'm not sure where to put this question but how come some royals whitten their teeth and others don't? They all smile and have the pictures published millions of times, wouldn't it be embarssing to have yellow teeth on the cover of a magazine?

Case in point,

Yellow teeth:
1.Maxima- http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...lry-178-3.html
Post # 41
Good point HRHAmy,I would put in the royals with yellow teeth,queen Rania of Jordan,her teeth are dramaticly yellow and brownish when we see them by profile, and they need to be also reshaped.
I recall that i'd read an article where,Kate middelton,which is not a royal and new in the scene, will make an orthodontic work to enhance her smile using some invisible braces,and I have to say she's right and seem more smart than some royals who spend much money in fashion clothes and and don't care about their smile which is IMO much more important for one's image and beauty.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monalisa
This is what i think too, princess letizia was alraedy cute,she was most beautiful at her journalist days(picture 2),but now she became a plain princess when she lost a lot of weight,her face bacomes too strong!

I totally agree with you, she was more beautiful at her journalist days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lis
Her real colour eyes is grenn.. is like an olive green:):):)
green???? her eyes are brown!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2006, 05:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn
green???? her eyes are brown!!!!!!
I think her eyes are not totally green,could be hazelnut,they look dark brown when she was young.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:38 PM
Courtier

Queen Rania

Queen Rania of Jordan's makeover is certainly a transformation! She certainly is one of the most stylish Royal ladies of her time.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:46 PM
Courtier

In the last several years of her life Diana, Princess of Wales worked out a lot in the gym, transformed her figure and developed a style unique to her. She blossomed into a true beauty even though she was beautiful during the 1980's.

Letizia of Spain certainly looks very different now compared to the photos posted of her in the 1991's. Crown Princess Mary looks to have had a coplete style and beauty makeover. She looked good before but the makeover certainly has brought out the best of her beauty.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:16 PM
Aristocracy

Airbrush

Consider the FACT that most press will airbrush photos so if they have a wrinkle it usually gets airbrushed. Also a lot of press thin out your features as well, they do it constantly!
"Many of us experience daily life becoming ever more hectic. This may be a good reason to stop a bit - and think about if what one spends time on is in fact how one really wants to spend it," Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
Old 02-25-2006, 02:13 AM
Courtier

mary:
Taken from The Royal Forums
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/8...8before1ar.jpg
Getty Images
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/2...ndfred29wx.jpg
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/5...toothin8do.jpg

www.one.org
Old 02-25-2006, 02:57 AM
Courtier

Seems to me Mary just lost a little weight and is wearing designer clothes, but she certianly looked very pretty before! I like her either way!:)