Royal Wardrobes

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Helen88

Nobility
City
Bremen
Country
Germany
This might appear a silly question, but I was wondering: where do the royals keep their clothes? I mean, okay, the Crowprincesses live in palace and probably have large rooms for gala-dress-storage. But what about the young royals that most of the time live a normal life in a normal house/flat? Do they go to the palace in "normal" clothes, change for the event into appropriate clothing and after the event undress there? :confused:
Isn't it after all a question of security as well? I mean, thoses dresses ARE expensive! ;)

I wonder if some hard to store items are kept off-site.

That would be one HECK of a closet! :rolleyes:

I've wondered that myself. Where the heck DO they keep all of their clothes?! I certainly would LOVE to have that problem!! And Russo, how right you are re: the closet! Such Big problems for the royals....NOT. :)

To be honest, I have wondered that myself.
What I wouldn't give to see it...

This is an excellent question! My guess is that some things are kept at home, and others are probably stored somewhere.

I had read that Princess Diana had to keep everything labeled and all organized.
Man, I'd be lost!!

Me too, Russo! Do you suppose she had a little help with the labeling and organizing? I haven't got enough clothes to be labeled much less organized!! Guess I couldn't be a princess....:-(

I would think you would have to have someone keep things organized for you. Not only when you wore something, but what accessories did you use so you can make it look different the next time worn. Also, someone would have to check before the item is put on that their are no stains, tears etc, it really would be a full time job, and fun IMO! Especially for the Princess's that are very busy. I would think they would have a "working closet", evening wear etc. I think I also read that Princess Diana had a storage dressingroom with a photograph book of outfits worn so the dresser could refer to it when the Princess was traveling so things weren't repeated to the same place. I mean how dreadful!!:lol:I would love to see one of the CP closets!!and while I'm on this fantasy tour wiz me by the jewels and we'll really have some fun!:)

I'll join you on that tour, rubies!

As long as it doesn't include the York princesses closet. Yuck!!

Rubies, we could do that tour together! I was wondering for a long time, how they get it all toether? shoes, accesories, gala, etc.... once I saw a plan of Maxima's house in Hola and it really does not look that could be a room for her cloths, so i was always wondering about that. I presume they have like secretary that take care of that and make sure all is ok, sincerely i would love to have if I could a day doing the same! and specially having to choose jewelery.
i wonder if somebody in this forums have mor informations about this! I died for knowing all their secrets, or wordorwe secrets I should call it?

Royals closets

Oh for sure, sgl!! :D:D

I don't know...it could be a good place to have a laugh!:D

I hadnt thought of it like that, maybe we'd have to be careful when in the tour we scheduled it :lol:

We could also stop by before Halloween. It would be a great place to search for costumes!

Great answer, sgl!! I'm all for that. Where do I sign up for This part of the tour?

I'd love to see Queen Sonja's wardrobe . Gosh, this must be a huge thing. :D
I guess it's divided in different tracts: dresses 1980-1985, Suits 1980-1985, Dresses 1985-1990, Suits 1985...... and so on. :lol:
From time to time she's strolling through her giant wardrobe , thinking "Oh, it's time for the 1990-leather-suit and the 1997-hat again!" :D

That is actually a very good question. I always wondered myself. I can only imagine what the wardrobe of Queen Elizabeth II must look like after more than 50 years of reign. And we do know from past experience that Royals tend too keep cloths for quite some time - not taking into account all the accessories. Wasn't Princess Anne seen wearing the dress she wore to Diana and Charles' wedding again this year? I certainly do not envy those who have to keep track of all the outfits etc...

I wonder, since most of their clothing is of very good quality and can be worn again, wouldn't they want to dye it or add appliqué or embroidery to them?

I think if I were Pr. Anne I would be scared out of my mind to even consider attempting to dye or add anything for fear it would crumble away. Goodness, fabrics can only live so long...even the finest!

Wasn't Princess Anne seen wearing the dress she wore to Diana and Charles' wedding again this year?

But that was 27 years ago! Anne despretly needs a stylist.

I had read that Q Elizabeth has at least 2 ladies who catalogue her clothes with the date and occasion she last wore them and what accessories were used. This way they know when to take the outfit out again and dust it off to re use it.
In another book, Prince Michael of Greece had said that when they had formal events they'd go to the Athens Palace from Tatoi where they'd dress there in their formal clothes.
Then you have ladies like Mouna El Ayoub who has closetfuls of haute couture outfits that are sorted according to colour and style etc etc.
Wouldn't we like to have the same problems?? Where to store the haute couture blue dresses so they do not clash with the greens?????:bang:

Oooh, I would Love to help with the accessories...I volunteer for the jewelry!!

There are photos on Hello from the visit Q Elizabeth paid to SLovenia and SLovakia and there are comments about her recycling some outfits.
U. I would not care for the jewelry but would take the shoes.......:flowers:

Oooh, I would Love to help with the accessories...I volunteer for the jewelry!!
I would love to help you. We probably would be fired on the first day, the poor Queen would be ready for her jewels and we'd be walking around the dressing room with them on!!!!!!!!:lol:

You've got that right, rubies!!!! And Odette would be following us in her shoes!!! :)

You've got that right, rubies!!!! And Odette would be following us in her shoes!!! :)
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: What size is the Queen wearing?? I may have to change employer you know if I cannot find someone buying Manolos size 6......:lol:

I would guess there is a formalwear section, a daytime section, and a casual section. Once something has been worn at a public function it gets rotated into private use. My head is getting giddy with thoughts of organizing and reorganizing it all! I like to "play" in my closet some times, and to get to play in royal closet would be heaven! As for keeping track of what was worn when, I would think there's probably some kind of computer software for that now (a la 'Clueless'), but I haven't heard of any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom