Royal Wardrobes

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Diana the first to have everything put on computer...what she wore to what function etc

yes , this would be a good idea, i read some where one of the spice girls has a mirror that record everything, i amnot sure if this is true

I have some vague memory of a tv program about the Swedish queens clothes that there was large wardrobes in the attic or somewhere like that in the royal palace where the queen and the reporter looked at different dresses. I sure would love to go there... :flowers:

I vaguely remember something similar about QEQM but it was wardrobes that lined a hallway(?). I'm sure all the clothes get saved anyways, whether it's for exhibitions years later or auctioned off for charity, etc.

wardrobe/furs/jewels Closet/Vault

Would love to see the Royals Closet/Vault -- it must be huge ... probably be equal to several good size rooms, climate control would be a must, and it would probably have top-notch security (those designer gowns,hats,suits,furs,everyday jewelry cost a mint).
Although I'm sure that the really expensive jewelry is kept seperate.

Just think how complicated it would be, keeping track of what is worn to various functions, and the mix and match..................just keeping track of handbags,shoes,hats,scarfs -- etc

Wonder how each Royal Family handles it for the Crown Princess, and how many employees it takes

There used to be another thread like this.
I imagine the closest are incredible organised and maintained by CP's staff.
All important jewellery is kept elsewhere or somewhere really safe. I doubt top security just for a wardrobe, the palaces are well guarded as it is. :)
Climate control?
I don't think many princesses have that much fur or they rarely wear it.
The royal family has an easy way of keeping track if they wish, the press. :flowers:
Say the outfits worn by the CP's at the 20th UN anniversary this week, will most likely not be seen complete for a few weeks, the staff will make a note of what was worn and let the cp's only wear seperate parts of the outfit.
Unless your Princess Letizia and that plum varela dress. :lol:

I remember the other thread too. And I, too, would love to take a peek into the closets, and vaults. I'm sure the palace(s) have a computer program for the princesses clothes. They probably post a picture. Then enter all the information about where it was worn, and with what jewelry, and other accessories into the program. Then it is just a matter of pulling up a certin outfit to see how it was worn before. Maybe each outfit is numbered or something, and that is how they find it in the computer. But can you imgine such a system. D for dress, s for suit, h for hat etc.... I wouldn't even know where to begin.

climate control is used when storing fur and some delicate fabrics :flowers:

Oh yes I know what it is. I put it like that because i didn't think Princesses would have climate control in there wardrobes. :)

I would love to have the job of maintaining and organizing those Closet/Vaults!!!!:brows:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom