The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-10-2004, 02:44 AM
Courtier

Royal style vs. Celebrity style

:p :p
hey if anyone has any pictures of princesses in really stunning outfits/dresses/swimsuits etc post them here so we can admire there fashion efforts

yes, those are the sort of phots im talking about, you expect princess's to dress with innocence... but alot of them have dressed to stun everyone as if they were going to the Oscars in america

Old 07-18-2004, 01:51 AM
Royal Highness

these royal ladies have an advantage over the glamour bunch in North America ... they model the best their country has to offer, and the designer usually provides it at no cost because its the best free advertising around.

that black one worn by Victoria appeals to me more than the red thing ... too dull the red outfit.

Old 07-18-2004, 09:00 PM
Courtier

I never realised they were given the dresses for free, thats so cool :o
Old 07-18-2004, 09:44 PM
Royal Highness

yes .... and Queen Elizabeth sees to it that her dresses are given to charity.
Old 07-24-2004, 05:18 PM
Aristocracy

With princes acting as though they're scouring the world or the TV airwaves for the most beautiful women, its no surprise the designers are beside themselves dressing these ladies. Today's princesses are often gorgeous women and perfect models. Also, a Nobel Prize ceremony or a royal wedding and wedding celebrations are much classier venues for a gown than the Oscars.

I think I saw a comment on the Royal Jewels MB that there would be fewer republics if more monarchs appeared in regalia. I suspect there's a lot of truth in that. If you take a look at royal portraits through the ages, royalty has always strived to dazzle. Just Google "Francis Winterhalter" or "Queen Elizabeth" to see. The Oscar people took their cue from royalty, not the other way round. And these ladies really are gorgeous. :flower:
Old 10-07-2004, 12:41 PM
Royal Highness

Celebrity fashion verses fashion of royals

Hello, i don't now if some1 chare the same taste than i, but i love fashion and special haute couture. So what ask for you is for post pics from royals wearing haute couture or some clothe that you met the designer or pass in the catwalk.
I refering everithing, like the all outfit, jjust the purse or more.......

Thanks to all
Old 10-08-2004, 12:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Diana meet designer at fashion show in 1980's when she got married to Prince Charles in 1981 but the designer looks Diana's legger because Diana is great legger but designer wanted chose Diana for long time till Diana's death include Catherine Walker,Elizabeth Emmauel,etc when Diana gone see designer for making dresses when Diana was on tours and evening dinner, opera&ballets Princess Diana chose many designer in her life when she got married and separation,divorces but the designer always see Diana lots if designer would make dresses for Princess Diana make her glamorous dresses but her dresses was in display at Althorp&Kensignton Palace.

Countess of Wessex is really stylish someone talking about it but Sophie chose designer since she been married with Prince Edward because Sophie needs lots dresses and hats Sophie wores lots daytimes dresses and evening dresses when she attend state Royal wedding, banquet, ballet&opera,horse ascot, ladies hats,etc for her funds needed of children but Sophie would plans have display yet or she would still collection her dresses like Princess Diana did.

Sarah,Duchess of York chose designer since her divorce to Prince Andrew but she would be good collection since she been member of Royal Family since 1986 to 1996 but she have few dresses not much!

Sara Boyce
Old 10-08-2004, 06:23 AM
Royal Highness

Yes, thanks for all that. Can you post some pics?
Old 10-08-2004, 12:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by micas
Yes, thanks for all that. Can you post some pics?
im not good post pictures!

Sara Boyce
Old 10-08-2004, 01:45 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks any way, you are very cind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2004, 11:33 AM
Courtier

I know each female Royal tends to have her own "fashion" thread in her respective family's boards, but I thought it would be fun to post photos of various outfits that we think might work universally for Royals or for more then one Royal, etc...

Britt

http://www.vogue.com.au/slides-image...388/00250f.jpg
I only like the skirt on this particular outfit and thought it might work well for some of the younger royals. I can totally picture Princess Beatrice of York wearing this, or possibly even her younger sister Princess Eugenie as she seems to be the more conservative dresser of the two!

http://www.vogue.com.au/slides-image...388/00420f.jpg
A beautiful "formal" that I think would look amazing on Crown Princess Letizia (in a different color perhaps), Princess Caroline of Hanover (it is her favorite designer I believe!), or perhaps even Crown Princess Maxima (in a brighter color as well)

All designs are from Lagerfields Spring/Summer 2005 show

http://www.vogue.com.au/slides-image...927/00170f.jpg
I like this suit because it's different, it's not the same boxy type we normally see on our Royal women! (VALENTINO)

http://www.vogue.com.au/slides-image...927/00170f.jpg (Carolina Herrera) A cute spring or summer outfit for CP Letizia, or I could even picture someone like Zara Phillips in it...

http://www.vogue.com.au/slides-image...215/00400f.jpg (Carolina Herrera) Queen Raina maybe? I just think it's a beautiful BOLD dress!

http://www.vogue.com.au/slides-image...215/00420f.jpg (Carolina Herrera) I think this is something someone youthful would have to wear, perhaps Princess Madeleine?

http://www.vogue.com.au/slides-image...215/00150f.jpg (Carolina Herrera) Crown Princess Mary or maybe Crown Princess Mette-Marit?

http://www.vogue.com.au/slides-image...248/00050f.jpg (Diana Von Furstenburg) Crown Princess Letizia? Queen Raina?

http://www.vogue.com.au/slides-image...272/00180f.jpg SKIRT ONLY (Marc Jacobs) I like this skirt because it's fun and playful while remaining conservative, perfect for the active spring Royal?

http://www.vogue.com.au/slides-image...250/00030f.jpg (Luca Luca) I really only liked the skirt in this look, but the shirt is okay. Its a conservative skirt with a very femenine flair!
Old 10-11-2004, 05:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters
I know each female Royal tends to have her own "fashion" thread in her respective family's boards, but I thought it would be fun to post photos of various outfits that we think might work universally for Royals or for more then one Royal, etc...
Well, some of the royals are already ahead of you. :) Princess Mathilde and Princess Máxima have worn the same outfit or at least the top was the same. I also think they once wore the same pants, but the color of the print that was on the pants was different.

Wonderful pictures. :)
Old 10-11-2004, 05:42 PM
Courtier

I think you might have misunderstood me Mette- I mean we should find different designer outfits (not those worn by the Royals yet) and tell who we think they would look good on!

Britt
Old 10-11-2004, 06:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I think you might have misunderstood me Mette- I mean we should find different designer outfits (not those worn by the Royals yet) and tell who we think they would look good on!

Britt
Oh.:o Sorry my mistake.:)
Old 10-11-2004, 06:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

http://www.vogue.com.au/slides-image...215/00150f.jpg (Carolina Herrera) Crown Princess Mary or maybe Crown Princess Mette-Marit?
I really love this one. :)

Old 10-11-2004, 07:40 PM
Courtier

Carolina Herrera has clean lines for most of her designs, I myself lean towards her as a designer.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
http://www.vogue.com.au/slides-image...388/00250f.jpg I only like the skirt on this particular outfit and thought it might work well for some of the younger royals. I can totally picture Princess Beatrice of York wearing this, or possibly even her younger sister Princess Eugenie as she seems to be the more conservative dresser of the two!
I love this outfit!! Real funky and cool ^___^
Old 10-13-2004, 04:42 PM
Courtier

I could see this dress on someone like Martha Louise as it's youthful and slightly different from what we are used to seeing...at least in my opinion.
Attached Images

Old 10-14-2004, 04:51 AM
Majesty

as there are different threads on what labels royals wears i thought the name of this thread could be changed to Celebrity fashion verses fashion of royals and talk about the difference
should they dress differently
can royals wear the same things as moviestars or popstars
what gors and what does not goes

but i also wanted to post some links wear we talk about labels the royals wears
and the designers they use

the designers that the royal family uses
Designers Used by the Swedish Royal Family

Märtha Louise, the Stylish Princess
Princess Märtha Louise Fashion and Style Part 1: October 2003 - October 2012

Mette-Marits designers
Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Designers: August 2004 - April 2007

Mary's Fashion
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8&page=5&pp=20

Wardrobe Fit For A Crown Princess (mary thread)
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...read.php?t=924

Be Letizia Ortiz Fashion Adviser
Fashion Suggestions for Queen Letizia

so what events can we compare

maybe the Oscars to gala dinners for royals

movie premiers i have seen some royals going to them but not very often

charities functions both in gala and in more informal

but what can be compared to royals attending events like opening of a gallery or listen to a seminar of important issues or more state events like opening of the government or military parade

but what other events would be okay to compare to each other
Old 10-14-2004, 05:33 AM
Majesty

first the oscars i have posted photos of Celebrity with long dresses as gala evenst of royals is long dresses

Oscars 2004
1 Charlize Theron
2 Jennifer Garner
3 Naomi Watts
4 Renee Zellweger
5 Samantha Morton
6 Sandra Bullock
7 Catherine Zeta-Jones
8 Kelly Lynch
9 Scarlett Johansson
10 Nicole Kidman

what dresses do yo0u think could be used on a royal evenst like a state visit gala dinner or a other gala event like a royal wedding
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6to01k2y_guest.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	46935   Click image for larger version

Name:	6to01k3z_guest.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	46936   Click image for larger version

Name:	6to01k4p_guest.jpg
Views:	229