Royal style vs. Celebrity style

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so a royal dress should cover the sholderblades in your opinion?
how about clevage is there any royal that have worn to low cut dress
one i am thinking of was zara in a red dress a few years back but then again she is no princess

these dresses i have heard to be called to Hollywood

can a royal dress be to hollywood

other say that many royals dress to old Frumpy i think the word has been used for these dresses

Attachments

• 3090181.jpg
    3090181.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 301
  • 3090201.jpg
    3090201.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 301
  • AP167342_guest.jpg
    AP167342_guest.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 357
  • 50837694.jpg
    50837694.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 308
  • AP167343_guest.jpg
    AP167343_guest.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 320
  • AP167492_guest.jpg
    AP167492_guest.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 287
Last edited by a moderator:
Josefine said:
so a royal dress should cover the sholderblades in your opinion?
how about clevage is there any royal that have worn to low cut dress
one i am thinking of was zara in a red dress a few years back but then again she is no princess

Actually it depends also of the people, the religieon that this royal is supposed to represent.

If the people who's represented by this royal doesn't find it self related to this royal or is shocked by it,so no need to claim being a representant of that people.

But generally,a royal dress in my opinion should be glamour but should respect those values!

Josefine said:

Yes i don't see something wrong with such as dresses,even hollywood stars could make the choice of being glamour and not sexy;) !

If i go to the princesses like mette marit and victoria i would like them to have a few gala dresses that is a bit more hollywood not to much clevage not like J lo but i have no problem with bare back
but i think there is difference in what event they are at
wedding, state visit gala, or other events

its my opinion that its fun when royals step out of the box and have some fun when they decide what to wear like märtha louise at her brothers wedding
its reminds me of snow white
or silvia in a dress with a big flowe on it

Attachments

• showLayoutImage44.jpg
    showLayoutImage44.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 358
  • showLayoutImage444.jpg
    showLayoutImage444.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 460
  • CH_00757.jpg
    CH_00757.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 1,424
  • CH_00755.jpg
    CH_00755.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 1,567
Last edited:
but it can go very wrong then i miss the dull royal fashion

Attachments

• showLayoutImage8.jpg
    showLayoutImage8.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 318
  • showLayoutImage88.jpg
    showLayoutImage88.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:
here rae a few bare back of the swedish royal family

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 353
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 344
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 421
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 671
  • 793132_b.jpg
    793132_b.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 376
Josefine said:

I actually don't think Mary's dress is too hollywood. I thought Mary's outfit to the Red Cross Gala was much more hollywood than this dress. This dress was very elegant and I thought very royal.

Her Red Cross Gala dress however seemed to be something a celebrity would wear. It was fun, bright and very girly. However I thought it really fitted the event as the event was filled with stars and the like. If she had turned up in something like what she wore to the State Dinner, it would have just looked...strange.

tiff_tiff_tiff2000 said:
I actually don't think Mary's dress is too hollywood. I thought Mary's outfit to the Red Cross Gala was much more hollywood than this dress. This dress was very elegant and I thought very royal.

Her Red Cross Gala dress however seemed to be something a celebrity would wear. It was fun, bright and very girly. However I thought it really fitted the event as the event was filled with stars and the like. If she had turned up in something like what she wore to the State Dinner, it would have just looked...strange.

Yes, I agree. the Red Cross Gala dress was. It´s all a matter of what to wear at what events. What is appropiate. That Red Cross Dress would be great for a Hollywood star. But not the State Dinner dress. That would be too "royal".

i mayself think its hard to say what is to hollywood and what si snot

do you think some royals dress to "royal"
what ever that can be
how do one discribe royal dress code?
Conservitive dressing?

Well royals definitely don't show alot of flesh as often as celebrities and they're slightly more conservative...Celebrities can wear whatever they want without alot of people bothering them about it so of course generally they're better dressers....of course that is a matter of opinion :)

Personally I think Royals should wear whatever they feel comfortable in. If that's a backless dress or strapless dress then so be it. Nobody is going to want negative press so they will always be dressed in a manner that is dignified and classy. I can only think of one outfit that I've seen a Royal lady wearing that looked slutty and that was a long time ago!

zara wore a red dress that looked a bit to hollywood for me then again she is not a princess

did you see any dress at this year oskars that would work for royals and did you see any dress that you would not like to see on royals becouse it was to hollywood

I thought Reese Witherspoon's dress was beautiful and would suit most Royal women. I have seen pictures from an after party where she is wearing a long black coat over it and it looks stunning.
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/57005594.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=E3A33B54CA52535B9032EBC763D16BD5
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/57009322.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CEDD22EF5ACC603949

Jennifer Aniston's dress, I could imagine Princess Caroline wearing it
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/57005554.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=E3A33B54CA52535B77D8FC85BC65CCF9

Nicole Kidman's dress for one of the younger Royals like Victoria or Madeline:
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/57005503.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=E3A33B54CA52535BEB4B885B3C9D31DC

Margherita Missoni's dress was elegant and simple, I think it would suit Letizia:
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/57010902.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CEE68ECE783B7630B4

Bryce Dallas Howard's dress for Martha-Louise
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/57010798.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CEACF651C0C781688A

Kerry Washington's dress, I'm not sure which Royal lady would wear it:
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/57010797.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CEEC4E460F4D3C1FF3

Queen Rania maybe:
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/57010729.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CEE9C887FDC3EBC633

I loved Megan Mullaly's dress, maybe Grand Duchess Maria-Theresa would suit it:
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/57010546.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CE8E9888CF02DE578C

A beautiful black dress, probably for Rania or Mary:
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/57010457.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CEF48BEFA7D88329B1

Last edited:
Are Royal Ladies More Elegant?

Looking at the Hello website it seems that the royal ladies are cleaning up in the "most elegant" poll. Do you think that the royal ladies are more elegant than non royal celebrities?
Personally, I would say yes. Elegance is not just about the clothes you wear but how you wear them and most royal ladies seem to have an inner poise which makes them look great.
Maybe we can also post pictures of royals and non royal celebs in similar outfits and compare?

I think the difference between Royals and the average celeb is that they are expected to behave in a particular way. After all a Royal couldn't dress in the same or act in the same way as certain celebs. Moreover they're not permitted to speak out on certain issues so will always retain an air of mystery as to their opinion on a certain issue. I'm not sure, but haven't Royal women had classes in etiquette, protocol etc.

Furthermore, didn't all the non-Royal Princesses eg. Mary, Mette-Marit, Letizia, etc. have to take certain classes to "become" a Princess?

Royals have an obligation to be elegant. They are icons for their countries and must behave as such. When they don't it can be a blow to their nation.
Movie stars, singers, athletes... these are people who do as they please and say whatever they wish, they are paid WELL to be whatever their public expects. Take Madonna... <Removed comments-Mandy>. She couldn't be a successful English Lady if she wanted to <Removed coarse languague-Mandy>.
i like her music, but i wouldn't trust her as a babysitter or buy a children's book she wrote. Some non-royal celebs are classy-seeming enough, like...hmm...Emma Thompson, but they are few and far between. How many trashy royals are there??

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't think of one off the bat. You are right linneatherose, they are brought up to be models for their respective countries and the world. No offense to anyone, but I agree about Madonna.

Are Royal Ladies More Elegant?

Well, it goes with the territory. They are expected to come out with the best fashion can offer. After Grace Kelly of Monaco, Soraya and Farah of Iran, Paola of Belgium and Princess Margaret of Britain monopolized the covers of the magazines back in the 50's and 60's the tradition of glamour has never let go. It's like we expect it to happen.
Why I still don't understand is why royal ladies don't get the deals super models have to get the best outfits from their countries' best designers...free. After all, royal ladies do help the complicated fashion industry to spotlight their work. Look at Lorenzo Caprile for example. He was introduced to Letizia by Prince Felipe's sisters to do Letizia's gowns and ever since them he is the golden boy of fashion.
I'll even suggest him to sent at least one free garnment a week to Leti (with matching purse and shoes!) for all the business she has provided him. :)

Yes, I believe that Royal ladies are more elegant than non Royal celebrities,
I think its because exist a bigger fascination for royals, all the protocol thing
all the class that a royal need to have, walking,talking, sitting and all the other things.

There is also the fact that the royal ladies have someone to take care of their clothing. You won't find them rushing to iron a skirt or blouse a few minutes before leaving the house. Their clothes are the best and are cared for accordingly.

there was the emmy weeks back was there anything you think the royals could wear that the celebrity wore to this event

Please remember that this thread is to discuss which royal outfits look like celebrity fashion and not what celebrity outfits would look good on royals.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Mandy
House of Fashion Moderator

Okay I will take that, not the most well put question if I relate it to this topic.
Lets see if I can put it in a other way.
The last celebrity gala we saw was the emmy. Some of the dresses could work as gala dresses.
If we saw any of the royals in such dresses would they gets applauds from royals watchers and say that works for royals as well and not to reviling and so forth. Or if we say some of the dresses last worn by royals, Mette marits pink gala dress worn a few weeks ago or Victoria’s green dress with the white jacket would they be bashed. For it at the emmeys red carpet.
One more question some fashion experts say that royals dress boring, why do you think that is.

This is in reference to the earlier pictures of Princess Martha Louise in the yellow and Princess Laurentien in that awful blue trouser suit with the matching hat.

Who let them out of the Palace looking like that?:eek::lol::ROFLMAO:

but it can go very wrong then i miss the dull royal fashion

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom