Royal shoes and Socks: Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have noticed, that the Princes William and Harry always wear desert boots or shoes made from suede leather. Always: Be it the wet weather of London's winter or else. Today for example Prince Harry at Abbey Road.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ovi-arrives-Abbey-Road-meet-Prince-Harry.html

Does this mean, they don't shine their shoes themselves? ?

But who is the poor chap, who has to do it? Do we know him or her?

I have noticed, that the Princes William and Harry always wear desert boots or shoes made from suede leather. Always: Be it the wet weather of London's winter or else. Today for example Prince Harry at Abbey Road.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ovi-arrives-Abbey-Road-meet-Prince-Harry.html

Does this mean, they don't shine their shoes themselves? ?

But who is the poor chap, who has to do it? Do we know him or her?

Unlike Charles and older royals neither have a valet that would.

But that said I recall when they were looking for a new housekeeper the ad included helping card for the clothes of the couple. This perhaps includes shoes for William. Or heaven forbid he does it himself.

I wouldn't be surprised if both William and Harry spent hours and hours polishing army boots when they were in the armed forces, including airforce.
Perhaps it was enough to put them off polishing for life.

No, not a chance. It tends to make You look askance at ill care for a d scuffed shoes. The advent of desert boots was brilliant in operational situations as spit polished boots stuck out like a sore thumbs and the sand wore the polish off within 24 hours.

Desert boots are somehow more comfortable so Harry's preference for suede shoes is hardly surprising. The are also casual fashion at this time, looking great with jeans and also with more dressy slacks and jackets.

As a note, even desert boots need care and cleaning. Still and all, an Army moves on its feet so foot care, including boot care is essential.

As a note, even desert boots need care and cleaning.

Especially, if they become *wet* and dirty! Then you have to brush them for a long time! That is, why I was asking. Definitely no shoe for english winters!

Back
Top Bottom