Royal men with beard

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prince Haakon looks handsome with a beard. :)

The Royal Prince's beard

I was looking through the photos of the Royal Princes adsome of them look really good and some well don't.

I think Prince Philippe of Belgium and Prince Haakon of Norway do were as Prince Frederick of Denmark and Prince Filipe don't.

What's your opinon?

How did this beard thing get started anyway, did haakon ring up Fred and say lets all grow beards to she how good we look..

They must have a "beard pact" that they grow one altogether...:ROFLMAO:

I would say Prince frederik suits a beard, Felipe also. But the best beard is Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg. He looks much better bearded.

There are no words to describe how much hotter Haakon is with that beard. Frederick of Denmark also looked good with his.

I also like Haakon much more with the beard. Frederik not so much and William definitely not :ohmy:

I'm not a fan of beards/any sort of facial hair on men. I will say though, that some can come off looking more distinguished with a beard, but those are few and far between. I've never seen George V or Nikolai II without their beards, so I'm used to those images, however, Prince William should leave the bearded look to his predecessors, because he looks rather unkempt when sporting one.

I might be in the minority, but I think Haakon looked as good without a beard as he does now, maybe even better. He has a beautiful face, without a beard rather boyish or even feminine and I think he grew a beard to appear more manly. The only royal man who looks far better with beard is Prince Michael, IMO. But I don't care much for beards anyway. ;)

I'm not a fan of beards/any sort of facial hair on men. I will say though, that some can come off looking more distinguished with a beard, but those are few and far between. I've never seen George V or Nikolai II without their beards, so I'm used to those images, however, Prince William should leave the bearded look to his predecessors, because he looks rather unkempt when sporting one.

Here's the tsar without beard:

http://www.picturehistory.com/images/products/0/7/7/prod_7785.jpg

And here King George without beard:

King George V King Of Great Britain As A Prince In Naval Uniform | Getty Images Deutschland | 3359130

I think both looked very handsome without beard, but I agree with you that beards can look more distinguished and I think it was just trendy back then to grow a beard or a mustache. William looks better without it indeed.

Here's the tsar without beard:

http://www.picturehistory.com/images/products/0/7/7/prod_7785.jpg

And here King George without beard:

King George V King Of Great Britain As A Prince In Naval Uniform | Getty Images Deutschland | 3359130

I think both looked very handsome without beard, but I agree with you that beards can look more distinguished and I think it was just trendy back then to grow a beard or a mustache. William looks better without it indeed.

Thank you for the pictures. The scary thing is, these two look alike even without a beard. Talk about being a carbon copy.

Wills has a very soft face (expression-sise), so a beard makes him look harsher (and ages him in a rather unflattering manner).

You're more than welcome, Daria! It's true, they looked very much alike. I think it's because their mothers looked so much alike. Only that Alexandra's eyes were bigger, as were George's in comparison to Nicholas.

And I agree, William's face is fine as it is. He just doesn't need a beard. ;)

Back
Top Bottom