Royal Maternity Fashion

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone have pictures of the older generation? I've love to see more pictures of Beatrix, Margrethe, Silvia, Paola etc...

I really like Letizia´s outfit (posted by galuhcandrakirana-hope i wrote it well)

While most of the ladies have their good moments, I think Princess Mathilde and Infanta Cristina are my favorites as far as maternity fashions go. On the other hand, Sarah, Duchess of York has got to be one of the worst-that red creation makes her look like a giant balloon! I know it was the 80's, but even Princess Diana didn't look that bad!

Queen Sofia of Spain expecting Prince Felipe

(source: Hola magazine)

Difficult to choose among all those beautiful pregnant Princesses and Queens.
This is a nice idea for a thread.

some more of then Princess Sonja

expecting Märtha Louise (the Maternity fashion was terrible, back then :lol: )

KnudsensFotosenter

expecting Haakon

aftonbladet, NRK(originally posted by Mandy )
She was in 8th month this time. You nearly can't see her big belly...

It's really interesting looking through this thread to see how the fashions changed! Good work guys :flowers:
I have question though...
Does anybody have anymore photos of Queen Anne-Marie or Queen Sofia when pregnant?
Thanks!

marilla said:

Grace was so elegant- even when pregnant! (quite a feat indeed!) But then I scrolled down (page 12) and found a picture of Caroline pregnant in the eighties in a very large, very shiny, very orange dress :shock:

Thank goodness pregnancy fashions have changed since then- Anita looked lovely during her pregnancy. That photo of Caroline should be burned.
:lol:

Best Maternity Wear?

with the recent royal baby booms in the past number of years i wanted to know who had the best maternity wear and from what pregnancy if it isnt their first :flowers:

I don't believe any certain Crown Princess or Princess has or had the best maternity fashion compared to another.

Furthermore, each royal lady has their unique style that suits them. A dress, coat, skirt, pant, or blouse may look fantastic on one particular royal while it may look like a fashion disaster on another.

maybe we want to say best maternity outfit?

I would say CP Mary of Denmark, because she steps out in different things, she an pull of print & solid colors, shell wear cropped jackets etc. she isnt that big so she can pull such things off. But for Letizia, she cant do that because she is much bigger, but she does look good in dresses and coats.
but then each one has their own style and depending on how big they get, then there are fewer options to choose from. Ex, Matte-Marit statys with dark colors, Letizia (seems like it)prefers dresses Mary mix & matches. They all look great in their own way. They dont always get it right, well i guess nobody does, but they do look good

I think you cannot really find an answer to this question, because all their styles are totally different. I like them all alot!
I think Mette-Marit wears the most beaitiful Maternity-gala-dresses, Letizia wears the cutest dresses and Mary's Fashion is the most stylish one .

Her_Majesty said:
I think you cannot really find an answer to this question, because all their styles are totally different. I like them all alot!
I think Mette-Marit wears the most beaitiful Maternity-gala-dresses, Letizia wears the cutest dresses and Mary's Fashion is the most stylish one .

I quite agree with you.. every CPss' style is different..

antonieta said:
Mary has the best maternity wear.

I totally agree with you antonieta, CP Mary's maternity wear is the best.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary in casuall maternity wear - picture
Princess Mabel in a trench coat with a matching dress - picture

Last edited:
Mathilde and Mary are the best when it comes to maternity wear. Definately. :rolleyes:

dazzling said:
Mary in casuall maternity wear - picture
Princess Mabel in a trench coat with a matching dress - picture

I really liked this outfit on Mary because in the past few months we haven't really been able to see her stomach. But here we can. As for Mabel I can't seem to get that link to work for me!

I have a question are there any pics of Letizia in gala wear for a state visit of something similar during either one of her pregnancies. To my knowledge I've never seen any but I might have missed something here or there!

Last edited:
Well, yes and no. Yes, because she was pregnant during one gala event (I think she was visiting the pope, and it was her close fitting black dress that she wore with a mantilla, and also her two cocktail-length dresses that she wore this August/September). No, meaning that when she did, there was no bump! Norway would have been her first time, but because of personal reasons, they could not attend.
Now Letizia will have to have another baby just so we can see her in gala wear!;)

Back
Top Bottom