Royal ladies court-trains/coats

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

magnik

Heir Apparent
City
Warsaw
Country
Poland
Always when I watch pictures of the past royal ladies court-trains/coats, I wonder for what depend their colours? Sometimes they are f.ex. red or blue. Did queens/empresses choosing them themself or maybe courts choosed them?

magnik said:
Always when I watch pictures of the past royal ladies court-trains/coats, I wonder for what depend their colours? Sometimes they are f.ex. red or blue. Did queens/empresses choosing them themself or maybe courts choosed them?

Do you mean the cape-like coats a Queen would wear at her coronation?:confused: :)

Re:

The Red Dress-Coat that Queen Margrethe wore to CP Frederik's wedding was amazing and had a slight train to it. It was very very regal - I haven't seen a similar style but Queen Beatrix seems to like dresses with bustles at the back which I suppose could be similar.

BeatrixFan said:
The Red Dress-Coat that Queen Margrethe wore to CP Frederik's wedding was amazing and had a slight train to it. It was very very regal - I haven't seen a similar style but Queen Beatrix seems to like dresses with bustles at the back which I suppose could be similar.

Oh right, of course. I liked the one Queen Margrethe worn to CP Frederik's wedding, but I haven't seen any others, except for the one Queen Beatrix wore to the Prinsjesdag (I hope I've spelled it right!;) )this year, at least I think that was a coat from memory, I'll have to look at the pictures again.

Re:

Would you be able to post that pic please Layla? I can't remember seeing Beatrix in a 'train'. I think trains look wonderful - I'm not sure about colours. Margrethe's was more pinky than red I think but red would make sense.

BeatrixFan said:
Would you be able to post that pic please Layla? I can't remember seeing Beatrix in a 'train'. I think trains look wonderful - I'm not sure about colours. Margrethe's was more pinky than red I think but red would make sense.

I said I wasn't sure if it was a coat, or train, or what, the shoulders make it look like it has a train, and then you look, and it really doesn't, but here is the pic anyway:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=198923

courtesy of Royal Images.

Last edited:
Re;

Ah! It's sort of like a small cape. It looks as if it should carry on down into a train - a nice outfit all in all though.

i would agree with beatrixfans but needs show the pictures of coats or longer coats of Royals Ladies wores for occasions but dont hide the pictures! show the pictures!

Sara Boyce

Australian said:
What about the gold cape that Margrethe wore, it is on the Danish official site. Im not sure if its a cape or train or whatever, but it was very regal.
http://kongehuset.dk/artikel.php?dogtag=k_en_fam_oue
Here is the link to the pic

I seen that picture on the website too. I've seen a ful-length version of the photo on this board, does anyone remember which thread it's in?:confused:

I did too, i think it was on the Danish state visit to Japan or something.

Re:

Thats right Australian. QMII wore it on her State Visit to Japan - it's one of her busier frocks!

I like it but it's a bit over the top. I think that was a cape rather than a train.

yes, it reminds me of the outfits that queens used to wear in medieval times, i guess thats why I like it, its so uncommon to wear such a thing these days

Layla1971 said:
Do you mean the cape-like coats a Queen would wear at her coronation?:confused: :)

Yes, these too. And I was thinking about all types of capes - trains, coats etc. wear for coronations or for formal occasions now and in the past centuries:)

I seen one of Queen Beatrix on the website of a press agency, but I couldn't download it.
It was a grey or green looking dress (there were two pictures, in different lighting, so I can't be sure of the color), and she wore it to a pre-wedding dinner, or party at the wedding of the Prince of Asturias last year. Maybe you've heard of it?

Re:

Thats the one! I thought it made her look a little tubby because it cut her in two - but it was still nice.

Thanks for the link! :)

I can't seem to find the thread, but in a thread called 'official photographs' there's a great one of Princess Alexandra. I think the dress is green on the bottom part.

I must say that Danish Ladies has most wonderful trains, capes etc.:)

You're right BeatrixFan.:) Margrethe's sometimes looks strange. She should have fashon advisor or smth like that. I know that she is an artist but little help is nothing wrong:)

Greetings:)

Re:

Now thats a train! Thanks for this one Layla! :)

Re:

Now thats an impressive train! I love that photograph - thanks for posting it Layla! :)

BeatrixFan said:
Now thats an impressive train! I love that photograph - thanks for posting it Layla! :)
Yes, it's really beautiful!! ;)

This pic hasn't been posted in this thread or the one on Queen Beatrix's wardrobe, so I think it's okay to post it.

http://www.freddiez.com/weblog/archives/images/bea.jpg

Photo courtesy of AFP.

BTW, BeatrixFan the 2nd pic in your post (#23), I found the event to which Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik wore their costumes. It was to the 25th anniversary party for the King and Queen of Sweden on June 18, 2001 at Gripsholm Castle in Sweden.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
I really love the gown Princess Mary wore in her official portrait on her website. the gown&the train looks beautiful and regal. I notice in post #28, Princess Alexandra was also wearing a Red gown/blue sash. is red a traditional colour for Danish Royals?

BeatrixFan said:
This is the medieval style gold frock in action from QMII :
I LOVE this dress. Margrethe does the best at carrying off a truly regal style!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom