Royal ladies and their similar style - Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hrhcp

Royal Highness
Country
Canada
I never would have believed this. Compare

Mathilde

and

Maxima

What's similar ?
And, should soemthing so appealing be allowed ? ;)

*Please note that the links in this post no longer work. But to remove the post would mean the point of this thread would be lost.
--Alexandria

Last edited by a moderator:
i looks pictures of Maxima and Mathilde's clothes its same! but its exactly twins!

Sara Boyce

Darn rights .... four same legs with two owners.

Originally posted by King Christian@May 26th, 2004 - 11:43 pm
What's similar ?
And, should soemthing so appealing be allowed ? ;)
Appealing? Are you sure about that?

Love Mathilde A WHOLE LOT :flower: :heart: , but appealing? sorry, no.

I don't know why both of them wore this.

It happens so many times with us, ordinary people. So why not with royals??

Another example are those iridescent red/coral pants that Maxima wore recently.

yes! their styles are very similar..

and what about this: do you remember maxima's red pants? the ones maxima wore that night in buenos aires. i think it was mathilde who also wore ones in another colour (i think orange)...

Pretty Good.

Who put on or took off the pockets ?

It semes that they share clothe. Amaizing

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is so funny. It´s a good thing that it involves Mathilde and not somebody else like, say, Zara Phillips. Though that would be interesting if the royals decided to try out some more things that are against their "regular" fashion.

micas  Posted: May 27th, 2004 - 6:02 pm

It semes that they share clothe. Amaizing
The pants for sure!

Is this a sign of Maxima doing "follow the leader" after Mathilde ?

MUHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

It's funny but it somewhat wrong that they should be wearing the same clothes!!! hahahahaha...yeah yeah i know they have the rights to wear the same clothes but i have this stupid belief that royals should wear clothes that no one else will/can wear...lol...don't ask me why :p

Haha! yeah its quite funny actually.

I think it's because they get their clothes from major designers. Maybe they should stick to designers from their own country, then there won't be as much duplication (and under this logic, Mathilde bags natan??).

But then again designers copy each other, so back to square one.... :p

Originally posted by Jasl@May 28th, 2004 - 12:06 pm
Haha! yeah its quite funny actually.

I think it's because they get their clothes from major designers. Maybe they should stick to designers from their own country, then there won't be as much duplication (and under this logic, Mathilde bags natan??).

But then again designers copy each other, so back to square one.... :p
It is indeed well-known that both Mathilde as Maxima love the designs from Edouard Vermeulen from Natan. They both wear a lot of his outfits, and then sometimes it happens that they wear the same.

Originally posted by Dennism@May 27th, 2004 - 6:10 pm
..... would be interesting if the royals decided to try out some more things that are against their "regular" fashion.
Please no! There are enough sleazy looks in the world (I'm not referring to Zara)....let's keep the royals classy.

Originally posted by Lady Jean+May 28th, 2004 - 1:20 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lady Jean @ May 28th, 2004 - 1:20 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dennism@May 27th, 2004 - 6:10 pm
..... would be interesting if the royals decided to try out some more things that are against their "regular" fashion.
Please no! There are enough sleazy looks in the world (I'm not referring to Zara)....let's keep the royals classy. [/b][/quote]
Yes. In my heart of hearts, I agree. I was looking at it from a viewpoint of "Let´s see something different". :p

I never would have thought Maxima and Matilde. I just think the clothes look better on Maxima, I find Matilde's clothes boring.

Originally posted by mari0915@May 28th, 2004 - 12:53 pm
I never would have thought Maxima and Matilde. I just think the clothes look better on Maxima, I find Matilde's clothes boring.
That just shows how predjudiced you are.

Jelka  Posted: May 28th, 2004 - 10:02 am

both Mathilde as Maxima love the designs from Edouard Vermeulen from Natan.
That "Edouard" must be making a killing then, selling the same outfit to the next for the same price as the original. ;)

Originally posted by Hannelore+May 28th, 2004 - 1:58 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hannelore @ May 28th, 2004 - 1:58 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mari0915@May 28th, 2004 - 12:53 pm
That just shows how predjudiced you are. [/b][/quote]
that's not being prejudiced. only expressing his/her opinion.

yes it is, the clothes are boring, but when someone else chooses them, all of a sudden they're fantastic. That shows predjudices.

but he/she had not said that... he/she only said that the same clothes suit better maxima than mathilde.

but sweet mathilde really looks wonderful most of the times.... :p

Lol!! Maybe we should have a poll on who looks better in these clothes (I've noticed that LTR is the place for polls! :p ).

I also think the clothes look different on them, sometimes Mathilde looks better with them, sometimes Máxima.

By the way, Natan dresses not only the ladies of the Belgian and Dutch court but also the Luxemburg and Swedish one!!

Also quite funny that Mathilde's always first with the outfit. It nearly looks as though they're all copying from her. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
They say different people facing the same problem will often adopt a similar solution, but hearing there's a designer who has a big piece of the royal action explains a lot.

GREMB had a thread about the five Ms, with Letizia being turned into "Metizia." The royals do talk to one another. It reminds me of how F. X. Winterhalter became the royal portraitist of the mid nineteenth century - word of mouth advertising.

It´s funny to see the ladies of the Benelux-houses wear the same clothes,
MayBe Eduard Vermeulen should design more than he ever did! :)

Clothes for Other Royals

As we all know, Maxima and Mathilde have in past worn the same outfits. It´s a tribute to the designer to have two such fashionable and rather different women wear your clothes. We have commented on choices that royals have made when it comes to fashion. Maybe if they just switched clothes all of the time. Which outfits on one royal woman(just sticking with women) would look great on another royal? Maybe there´s an evening gown that you thought looked just a tad wrong for so-and-so but might work marvelously on another royal woman! So post your photos of outfits(evening wear, day wear etc..) and say who you think would look great in such an outfit and why.

I think Mathilde would look great in the style of shiftdresses princess Diana always wore....

Well... I think Stephanie would look great in anything anyone else wears... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom