Royal Fashion Icons

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I agree about Grace and Diana. These two ladies were truely fashion icons, the examples of the elegance. I think that they were the most imitated royals.
And, from nowadays, I think that the only royal lady who can be considered a fashion icon is queen Rania.

Princess Grace of Monaco and Princess Diana of course! Now, i think CP Mary has a great style.

Queen Rania, Crown Princess Mary. :flowers::flowers:

My favourites are Princess Grace, Princess Caroline, Queen Rania and Princess Maxima. I have forgotten to mention Princess Mary!

My favourite royal fashion icons are Princess Mary of Denmark and Queen Rania of Jordan.:flowers:

Amongst current Royals I would cite Queen Rania, CP Mary & Princess Caroline. The two greatest fashion icons are sadly no longer with us - Princess Grace & Diana, Princess of Wales.

I think that Princesses Grace and Diana are two of the first royals in the modern paparazzi age to have been fashion icons.
I think that anyone would have a hard job to measure up, because we out the original 2 up so high, and rightly so IMO.
I do have to agree, I would say that CP Mary and Queen Rania come to mind as the fashion icons of the royal set today, but they all have moments of brilliance.

I don't think any of them are fashion icons, and when I do have my personal icons it's more often certain celebrities (not hollywood) but to get to the subject, the royal ladies that are best dressed are for me Queen Rania, Princess Mary, Caroline of Monaco and Marie-Chantal of Greece.

As far as Mary being a "fashion victim" I do not think that is true. She is seen more often than others in High Fashion, yes, but there is a fine line between being a complete victim and just liking fashion a lot, which Mary obviouslty does. For example, mary very often mixes different labels together, colors, fabrics, and it often turns out well. She also misses it big time sometimes, but that's rather rare. For that, she for me is NOT a fashion victim.

A royal who is a fashion victim is for me Rosario Nadal. While she is very well dressed, she just wears anything Valentino dictates - she is hardly ever seen wearing anything other than that and what she wears looks like it's taken RIGHT off the catwalk - that is a fashion victim. Marie-Chantal is quite similar..

Princess Grace
Princess Diana
CP Mary
Queen Rania

My icon is CP Mathilde. Of course her way of being fashionable is quite different from Hollywood stars and similar people, but I found her way so much more elegant! And I find her very attractive also because she is not so thin as Letizia or Mary, I would say she is the image of motherhood!

Well, royal fashion icons: Queen Alexandra & Queen Mary of great britain, Princess Marina (maybe the best of all times, IMO), Lady Edwina Mountbatten, Princess Michael and Lady Gabriella. Cause I like it very classic, but also with the right glamourous and dramatic accent and eyecatcher on it!

I also like Princess Grace, Gwyneth Paltrow and Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy, but its a little bit too clean ;) I like Jackie Kennedy as well very much, of course the sunglasses! :cool:

My icon is CP Mathilde. Of course her way of being fashionable is quite different from Hollywood stars and similar people, but I found her way so much more elegant! And I find her very attractive also because she is not so thin as Letizia or Mary, I would say she is the image of motherhood!

CP Mathilde has an elegance about her that was born, not made. I love her style too, it's timeless without being "here I am in fashionable clothing!"---it's her wearing the clothes, not the other way around.

Well, royal fashion icons: Queen Alexandra & Queen Mary of great britain, Princess Marina (maybe the best of all times, IMO), Lady Edwina Mountbatten, Princess Michael and Lady Gabriella. Cause I like it very classic, but also with the right glamourous and dramatic accent and eyecatcher on it!

I also like Princess Grace, Gwyneth Paltrow and Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy, but its a little bit too clean ;) I like Jackie Kennedy as well very much, of course the sunglasses! :cool:

Gwyneth Paltrow, Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy and Jackie Kennedy are/were not royals. :)

:previous:

Sorry, I know of course! :flowers: But I read some postings in which also were celebrities included, so I stuck those three into it as well :angel:

For me it's Charlotte Casiraghi and Princess Caroline

Princess Diana is my fashion icon!!
Out of the modern princess I like very much Princess Letizia's style!!

Diana comes to mind,no one else!

An interesting article by Suzy Menkes, who wrote a column in which she regrets that the new generation of Queens and Crown Princesses are clothes hangers:

Suzy Menkes Vogue Column Diana Princess of Wales Legacy (Vogue.com UK)

Great article (The Suze always deliver) and she pointed out something I've been thinking about for a while now. The difference in style between queens and crown princesses born royal and those born as commoners. The first don't seem prone to be the kind of fashionistas as the latter often seem to aspire to be.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Suzy Menkes is being disingenuous as she among the press who pilloried The Duchess of York for being overweight with terrible style. She could have focused her article on the good works instead of the of their clothes but she doesn't because pretty ladies in pretty clothes sells, always has and always will. If you read articles from the time Elizabeth and Margaret were coverage for their clothes and looks and jewels ans anything else. We're in the age of huge mass media and blogs and there's just more outlets of coverage of the same things as have always beend covered. Hilary Clinton is a serious politician is a serious smart politician in her 60 yet reporters still ask about her hair. Sarah Palin was popular for her political stances to some extent but most because she was a hot looking mother of 5. Unless people want to get into what men get away with vs what women get away with this article is using these women for their looks just like everyone else.

The sentence they want to be movie stars is ridiculous. These women are representing their countries they all simply want to look good while doing this. Boards like this and reporters like Suzy don't help these women to just enjoy and not worry about weight or the right color of shoe. I think the obsession with these women's style started with Diana, and has just gotten worse they get torn apart if they don' wear something strangers decree is right.

I view Lady Gabriela Windsor, Serena, Viscountess Linley, and Lady Sarah Chatto as royal fashion icons. Their fashion ensembles are simple refined elegant.

Last edited:
I view Lady Gabriela Windsor, Serena, Viscountess Linley, and Lady Sarah Chatto as royal fashion icons. Their fashion ensembles are simple refined elegant.

None of them are royal though.

The fashion focus is always going to be on women such as royals or the First Lady of the US. No one ever reports what type of suit or how much it cost for the guys but we see it for the women. The Telegraph has a hit or miss article that grades almost every outfit that Kate has worn on an engagement.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Love CP Mary & Charlotte Casiraghi's style .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom