1 0.93%
5 4.67%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-16-2006, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by florawindsor
hi Humera, i'm talking about the green&black dress. i don't think green is a good color on her. actually I kind of like the 2nd dress(Hamzah's wedding reception) untill i saw close-up of the dress, the flower&leaves thing on the dress looks bad
really? hmm...well i kind of agree about the makeup, brown tones are usually not for brunettes. But I do like the green & black dress. I think the style lends itself well to a pregnant figure.
The yellow dress is pretty too. Perhaps if it was in a different colour or even a different shade of yellow, it'd look much better on Rania.
She once wore a really bright yellow jacket and it looked surprisingly good on her.

Old 01-16-2006, 08:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
really? hmm...well i kind of agree about the makeup, brown tones are usually not for brunettes. But I do like the green & black dress. I think the style lends itself well to a pregnant figure.
The yellow dress is pretty too. Perhaps if it was in a different colour or even a different shade of yellow, it'd look much better on Rania.
She once wore a really bright yellow jacket and it looked surprisingly good on her.
oh , I don't realise she was pregnant then. i guess that's why she looks so different. she looks great five (or six) month in pregnancy!

Life is mostly froth and bubbles Two things stand like stone
Kindness in others' trouble Courage in your own
Old 01-16-2006, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator

yes that was on November 23, 2004, a little over two months before Prince Hashem's birth.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:04 PM
Courtier

I like #1#6 #8,they all have a moroccan caftan inspiration,although my best preference is #6 the light blue&gold embroidery.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:39 PM
Courtier

Without a doubt, 9# (October 2003 - Swedish State visit: Option A)

That gown is superb and always manages to make my mouth drop in complete and utter awe

"MII"
Old 01-16-2006, 10:32 PM
Gentry

My vote goes to # 10 (October 2003 - State visit, Sweden: Option B)

Beautifully designed evening gown in the classical sense. Elie Saab is a maestro! The neutral colour tone of the dress suits Queen Rania to a tee and the draping and unusual single sleeve detail are very sensual. A very modern dress with classical elements. A Goddess is born!

TC
Love
Barbara
Old 01-16-2006, 11:07 PM
Serene Highness

I love 9 it is beautiful!! Most of Ellie Saab dresess are too gourgeos
Old 01-17-2006, 04:58 AM
Serene Highness

Queen Rania dressed by Elie Saab

Second Arab Women’s Summit in Jordan, 04/11/2002
Investiture of Queen Rania of Jordan, 09/06/1999
Jerash Festival, July 2003
Old 01-17-2006, 08:29 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1
i just want to say that ALL the dresses are beautiful!! But, my fave is number 4, I had that copied for a wedding, and people thought it was unbelievable!They kept asking me where I got the idea from, and I said, hmmmm, the internet!!
LOL! Thats such a great idea! I'm going to have number 6 copied!!
And number 1, 2, 3...you get the idea!
Old 01-17-2006, 08:40 AM
Nobility

Many thanks for this thread !:)
I'm totally in love with Rania's dresses . No one on earth is, to my mind, as well-dressed as she is .

My all-time favourite dress is # 4 . ABSOLUTELY STUNNING !!!!
Old 01-17-2006, 09:19 AM
Courtier

I chose this gownhttp://img382.imageshack.us/my.php?i...02amman1kl.jpg, I think this lovely gown is realy suit for a young queen like her specially she is from a Moeslem country:).
Old 01-17-2006, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

I think its a testimony to how much of a fashion inspiration and trend-setter Queen Rania is to have her outfits copied. I've drawn a few inspirations from some of these outfits myself. The designer gets credit ofcourse but its the unique touches in the Queen's dresses that make them stand out above the rest. I've seen other women wear Elie Saab and no one seems to make as striking an impression in his clothes as Rania, the only exception to that ofcourse was Halle Berry's 2001 Oscar dress.

btw..im so happy that my favourite dress is ahead in the poll!
Old 01-17-2006, 11:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Just a question, but hasn't Rania worn another black dress similar to this one?

except I'm pretty sure that the black design on the arms was in the style of a ribbon wound up her arm?
Old 01-17-2006, 11:49 AM
Aristocracy

Yes Little_star, i've seen it too. I think this one is nicer than the one with ribbons on the arms, i'll try and find a pic if i can.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

do you mean this Givenchy dress:
http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ivenchy6uj.jpg

I dont see any similarity between the two dresses though.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:33 PM
Aristocracy

That is the one that I've seen. Not as similar as I thought though! oops!

The Elie Saab one is nicer IMO!:)
Old 01-17-2006, 05:27 PM
Courtier

I also like this elegant and subtile combinaison of this simple Jeans skirt& golden heavy embroided top from Elie Saab,which are not quoted in the poll.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8&d=1119222313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monalisa
I like #1#6 #8,they all have a moroccan caftan inspiration,although my best preference is #6 the light blue&gold embroidery.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:57 PM
Serene Highness

I love dress #4, the dark brown dress! Also love the blue and gold one. I think that the Elie Saab dresses look amazing because you can really see the incredible workmanship that goes into each one.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:27 AM
Heir Apparent

i vote #6 dress she wores blue dress and im really like number #4 she attend state banquet at London with HM Queen II but HM Queen Rania really loose her hair all the times when she with tiara im really like it
Old 01-18-2006, 02:22 AM
Serene Highness

a Feast for the eye, this thread!
I voted dress nr. 6, the blue 'middle eastern' looking one! But I actually like her coronation gown equally.

It is just unbelievable to me how well Rania is carrying off her role as a Queen. These wonderful pictures prove it: while she is wearing some of the most wonderful and exquisite gowns created this side of the century, despite that, despite the fact she looks like a fairy tale queen who just stepped out from the pages of a children's book, she <still> manages to come across as friendly and approachable!! how does she do it?!

As an aside: I never thought much of Elie Saab's designs before, because I didn't think much on what they do/did for halle Berry. Somehow on Berry they seemed..cheesy..I don't know..somehow they missed the mark.
But on Rania..I didn't know until this thread that her amazing coronation gown was a Saab design! Or that incredible light-blue/turqoise one! But now I know..Thanks! :)