June 21, 2006 5 6.10%
September 10, 2006 4 4.88%
October 30, 2006 2 2.44%
October 31, 2006 1 1.22%
November 18, 2006 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2007, 12:10 AM
Gentry

Unfortunately with Rania is very difficult to choose a dress, Most of them, if not all are wonderfull , but if I left to choose three, I would choose these three ones.

The one from the TIME gala, Rochas, it's subtle and very beautiful.

The one from the Jordanian Independance Day, traditional dress I believe, really beautiful. She used, I believe, another one during those celebrations that is very beautiful as well.

Finally, this one from the Global Women’s Action Network for Children conference, in June. I love it, it's beautiful and not overpowering. Really well choosen, in my opinion.

But if I have to choose just one, I will stick with the first one. Even though, in this case it's really difficult to choose.

Old 02-21-2007, 12:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by olga7777
The one from the Jordanian Independance Day, traditional dress I believe, really beautiful. She used, I believe, another one during those celebrations that is very beautiful as well.

I like that dress too. It looks very loose and comfortable, but it is still stylish. I would imagine that she favored dresses like that during her pregnancy....it looks as though it would be both forgiving and elegant.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever......"
Old 02-21-2007, 12:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think it must be difficult to combine fashion with middle eastern type of designs. I think she does too much with belts too. Are belts common in the middle east? Her face is always beautiful no matter what she wears though.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:15 PM
Courtier

The first one-dark blue is absolutely perfect!
Old 02-27-2007, 05:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by madonna23
i don't mind the fabric on the top - but the belts....ugh!! i hate all the belts she wears now...almost every outfit, whether it is casual or formal, has to have a belt...i really liked it a few years ago, but now, i don't know, i think she should go back and look at her dresses from the late 1990s and early 2000...the ones without a belt were absolutely fantastic...now, the majority of her gowns i don't like...but i do love the thobes and i have to say the one she wore on the malaysian state visit was my favorite...absolutely stunning dress! plus, no belt!
Funny that, I love the belts, especially when she opts for the ornate, antique style designs which are most likely to be local. as opposed to designer belts. They add flair to her outfits.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Commoner

I liked her May 25th dress best, and really loved the belt.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:55 AM
Moderator Emeritus

I had expected the May 31 dress to do a lot better. I personally found it to be very chic, very Audrey Hepburn.
Its my second favourite after the Spanish state visit dress.
Perhaps we need a "best thoub" poll for a closer contest
Old 03-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera
Perhaps we need a "best thoub" poll for a closer contest
thats sounds right. to me, a thoub & dress is totall oppisites, they dont go in the same catagory, besides that, i also think a pole of "all" rania;s evening dresses would be also a good idea from 1999-2007
Old 03-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Moderator Emeritus

well I had saved all the thoubs from 2006 for a possible separate poll. I included the May 25 thoub from the evening reception because it was a formal dress and I thought it was beautiful enough to be included in this poll.
As for all the evening gowns since 1999, I think that's just too many to include in one single poll. We did have a "Best Elie Saab dress" poll, however, which includes some of Queen Rania's most stunning dresses since her coronation:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...lie+saab+dress
Old 03-10-2007, 03:48 AM
Serene Highness

Which was no seems for me.
The Oct 30th dress was the worst to me.
Lowest point of 2006.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

All the gowns are beautiful. If I have to choose, I will go with the first 3.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:07 AM
Courtier

1. Spanish State Visit
2. June 21, 2006

Old 03-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Courtier

Her Gowns

Most of her gowns featured here are designed by Olivier Thesykens (sp) for the French Design House ROCHAS although most have been altered a bit.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:31 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah he seems to have become a recent favourite. I think its safe to say Queen Rania has grown out of her Elie Saab phase. As much as I love his creations, I think it would've been rather boring to see her in his gowns at practically every formal occasion like we did a couple of years ago. Too much of a good thing can be boring, a little bit of experimentation doesn't hurt, even if you make a few mistakes along the way. Overall Rania's evening gowns are simpler, the emphasis is on elegance rather than embellishment.
But who knows, maybe we'll see her in a brand new Elie Saab dress one day soon. I certainly hope so.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:01 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

But when she wore elie saabs gown, they were all designed differently & different cuts etc but rochas seems to have one cut & very similar designs. when you see the dress you could instintly tell it was a rochas creation where when she wore an elie saab creation, it really stood out & made you wonder who it was. when he alters his dresses for rania, they look even better. imo, she should go back to him
Old 03-23-2007, 07:12 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Isn't the May 31st gown (5th one), the black lacy gown, a lot like a gown Princess Caroline wore a couple of times 2 or 3 years ago ?
Old 03-26-2007, 05:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
But when she wore elie saabs gown, they were all designed differently & different cuts etc but rochas seems to have one cut & very similar designs. when you see the dress you could instintly tell it was a rochas creation where when she wore an elie saab creation, it really stood out & made you wonder who it was.
Do you think so? I personally think Elie Saab's gowns, whilst beautiful are actually very smilar in terms of the embroidery and decoration used. You can usually tell when something is an Elie Saab gown from its elaborate design.

For example the thobes she wore on Jordanian Independnce Day looked like his designs (imo), especially the one posted on this thread
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

Moreover it shows her style has matured. When she first became Queen she had more to prove I think, so really Wow-factor gowns were needed. Elie Saab came in well at this point (although it's worth nothing that even though she often wore other designs).
However, now she seems comfortable with her role so can allow her own personal style to shine, which seems to be understated and simple. You can see a similar shift in her daywear. Earlier on in her time as Queen her clothes were the latest designs and very very "perfect". Now, she is still well-dressed and smart, but looking more relaxed.

That's just my take on it though.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:39 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Well yes, that's exactly my point. I've noticed that since Prince Hashem's birth in particular, there has been a shift in Rania's style. Im sure 3 kids was hard enough to manage but 4 can be a lot, especially for a hands on mom like her. I remember reading an interview of hers, soon after Hashem's birth and she candidly admitted to sometimes wondering "what did I get myself into?"
She also implied in another interview that with 4 kids she didnt have as much time to spend on her appearance, she preferred longer hair, for example, because it was easier to style, pull it up in a ponytail. I'm convinced that accounts for the shift in her style. Everyone already knows her to be one of if not the stylish and most glamorous royal around, she doesn't have anything to prove in that respect, she appears to be more secure in her role, hence the more laid back and down-to-earth outfits. There's a lot more mixing and matching in her pant and skirt suits, more recycled outfits, borrowed evening gowns etc. For those of us who are familiar with her earlier style, the change is quite apparent.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:43 PM
Moderator Emeritus

btw. the poll is closed.
and the winner is......(my favourite)
April 24, 2006
Old 03-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm glad the April 24th gown won, it's my personal favourite!