Queen of recycling - Royals recycling clothes

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The best royal recycling is Mary, many of her outfits have been changed to look like a new piece.
I dont mind royal recycling if its done with a different hairstyle, accessories etc.

The best royal recycling is Mary, many of her outfits have been changed to look like a new piece.
I dont mind royal recycling if its done with a different hairstyle, accessories etc.

I believe she even shares dresses with Marie who are recoloured and then taken by Marie. One case at least comes to mind where Mary and Marie wore the identically looking gown (Mary in grey, Marie later in burgundy). Unfortunately I have no pics, but maybe someone remembers? Marie was not married for a long time back then.

I believe she even shares dresses with Marie who are recoloured and then taken by Marie. One case at least comes to mind where Mary and Marie wore the identically looking gown (Mary in grey, Marie later in burgundy). Unfortunately I have no pics, but maybe someone remembers? Marie was not married for a long time back then.

Marie wore the burgundy dress summer 2008 and Mary has recycled her
grey dress twice after that.

Some photos:

Letizia

Victoria

Maxima

Mary

Mathilde

The only gowns that I love here are Letizia's and Mathilde's gowns. I thought the red dress Maxima wore was awful.

Last edited:
Funny,but I like the same gowns best too:)
Letizia and Mathilde look very elegant and glamourous in the pictures,and I like the colour of CP Victoria´s dress.
CP Letizia seems to be the most "thrifty" of the European princesses,she often reuses her beautiful dresses,skirts and blouses and usually does not chose very expensive designers. I have looked at some of CP Letizia´s clothes and they are even affordable for people with a normal income, so for me she is definitely a good fashion inspiration! CP Mary also re-uses some of her dresses with style, but she often wears Prada and other brands that are quite expensive;-)

Queen or Princess? I would say Sonja and Margrethe as queens...

The Queen of recycling (rewearing) is Camilla.

She regularly will wear the same outfit twice a week.
Several times she has worn the dress two days in a row.
When she wears the dress two days in a row, one day she will wear it with the coat and the second day she will wear it without the coat.

She also has the habit of repeating the same outfit for the same event.

I think the ladies of the Grand Duchy of Luxemburg take the prize. Not only do they recycle their clothes but they share among themselves. Maria Teresa, Stephanie, Claire, Tesse and Alexandra have all swapped hats, coats, dresses, and evening gowns. Since MT is so generous, you could even say they recycle their enviably large jewel collection between themselves.

http://lux-arazzi.blogspot.de/2014/02/luxarazzi-101-royal-recycling-and.htm

Princess Diana used fashion tricks to make old clothes look new again.

Crown Princess Mary wore a stunning gown she's worn twice before with slight variations, in 2017 and 2018. She looks gorgeous!

Crown Princess Mary wore a stunning gown she's worn twice before with slight variations, in 2017 and 2018. She looks gorgeous!

Mary is absolutely the Queen of Recycling!!

Is this floral gown worn by Margrethe II at Carl XVI Gustaf's Golden Jubilee concert was the recycled gown worn at Crown Prince Frederik's wedding?

Daisy 2023 | Daisy 2004

The dresses seem to feature different flowers.

Is this floral gown worn by Margrethe II at Carl XVI Gustaf's Golden Jubilee concert was the recycled gown worn at Crown Prince Frederik's wedding?

Daisy 2023 | Daisy 2004

I do not think so, the floral prints apopear to be different.

Back
Top Bottom