Queen of recycling - Royals recycling clothes

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't forget about Sonja's yellow gown... neverending story...:D

i was thinking that princess Letizia is the queen of recycling!
but afterreading this thread im sure that queen sonja is the queen of recycling!
she repeate dress more than 10000 time!

At the moment I think that Letizia is (from younger generation of royals).
She just start her play with recycling. Sonja is little older that Letizia so she has more time of experiment with recycling.

I think the difference between Sonja and Letizia is the way they recycle.
Letizia recycles her outfits in a very short period of time. You see the outfit and directly recognize it, because she wore it just a few days earlier.
E.g. the silver galadress. She wore it about 3 or 4 times in a single month.

Sonja on the other hand leaves bigger gaps between her recyclings.
Last year she recycled a dark blue dress which she first wore 15 years ago (and in the meantime she wore it about 3 times or something). The only dress she repeats way too often is the yellow one. :D
You don't see her outfits and first think: "not again..."
I definitely prefer this way of recycling.

Mary has a similar way of recycling. As well as Mette-Marit. They use to alter their outfits when they recycle them.
Something Letizia doesn't do.

After reading all the posts, my vote goes to Queen Sonja and CPss Letizia....I hope Letizia pairs her pants/top with another piece so it wouldn't look boring because we have seen all her outfits more than 2x a month. I just hope she recycles her 2004-2005 outfits. They were marvelous.

Letizia recycles her outfits in a very short period of time. You see the outfit and directly recognize it, because she wore it just a few days earlier.

The same goes for Queen margrethe. She also recyles alot of her dresses but it can be that she suddenly wears a gown she used 10 years ago.

I think Camilla oes a very good job of recycling her wardrobe. In fact thepress commented earler this year that on her 60th and 61st birthdays she was wearing exactly the same clothes!

I love the way CP Mary is often reusing her clothes,she is mixing and matching and sometimes even makes small changes to create a "new" outfit that looks elegant and sophisticated.That´s why she is my "Queen of recycling":flowers:

Certainly BB got to be kidding? The "Prada Queen" recycling? :whistling:. The Danish CP wearing Prada at the Ecco Style Award? Never! :cool:

I just cant believe Mary didn't care wearing her beloved Prada (Italian) to a Danish fashion award. She doesn't care much about Denmark, does she?

Sonja on the other hand leaves bigger gaps between her recyclings.
Last year she recycled a dark blue dress which she first wore 15 years ago (and in the meantime she wore it about 3 times or something). The only dress she repeats way too often is the yellow one. :D
You don't see her outfits and first think: "not again..."
I definitely prefer this way of recycling.

Mary has a similar way of recycling. As well as Mette-Marit. They use to alter their outfits when they recycle them.
Something Letizia doesn't do.

You've got to be kidding comparing Letizia's Spanish middle income brands with MM' Valentinos and Mary's Pradas.:sad:

Her income doesn't match those two. Thankfully for the Spaniards paying for their taxes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Certainly BB got to be kidding? The "Prada Queen" recycling? :whistling:. The Danish CP wearing Prada at the Ecco Style Award? Never! :cool:

I just cant believe Mary didn't care wearing her beloved Prada (Italian) to a Danish fashion award. She doesn't care much about Denmark, does she?

CP Mary also wears a lot of Skandinavian designers,but no matter what clothes she wears,she has always been a hard-working,dutiful Princess and she is highly respected in Denmark.

I love how Mary sometimes changes her repeated outfits.They are almost never the same.I hope she repeats the pink dress she wore at the Monaco wedding ball.

If she did wear danish design, some people would probably complain that she was rude enough to play favorites...

You've got to be kidding comparing Letizia's Spanish middle income brands with MM' Valentinos and Mary's Pradas.:sad:

Her income doesn't match those two. Thankfully for the Spaniards paying for their taxes.

Your point? One can play "mix and match" with clothes no matter what the prices are.

Yes, Mary wears Danish designers but mostly they're expensive brands (and not always good designs itself), no ECCO or Vero Moda. Letizia often uses Zara, Mango, but she probably doesn't have such a budget like Mary. Victoria likes H&M, Kate wears a lot of things from high street shops (most of them are quickly sold out). Mary likes expensive brands, has many similar things (2 pair two-tone shoes from Prada). One of her latest events was connected with ECCO and what she wore? Prada shoes. I'm not saying that she must wear only Danish clothes but as CP of Denmark she should promote them more.
About being recycler - good for her, she still has many clothes in her closet which we saw one time, would be nice see them again.

I think CP Mary's success in recycling outfits is the work of an excellent tailor! They seem to create just enough change to make the garment modern.

i Think Queen Rania & Queen Noor are in Top in recycle
they have too much , maybe 'full closet for recycled clothes
Queen Noor wear most now recycled clothes but before i think less than now , & Queen Rania too :ermm:

I'm not saying that she must wear only Danish clothes but as CP of Denmark she should promote them more.

About being recycler - good for her, she still has many clothes in her closet which we saw one time, would be nice see them again.

From what I have seen, Mary wears and promotes Danish brands very well. Much more than you seem to give her credit for. So she wears and likes Prada. So what? Maybe she buys them cheap....

There are outfits we have only seen once (in public). Don't you think it's possible, that many of these outfits are loans? She doesn't necessarily buy everything she wears.

Last edited:
Crown princess victoria same dress in denmark, greece and then sweden

here is an other nobel, then in denmark

blue dress in Örebro then in helsingfors

and
there is more statevisit and reception dinner

this one were used several times state visit from jordan

reception dinner and state visit gala and then monaco

red dress at nobel but worn first in the us this dress she also wore in monaco

here a lilic dress worn in australia

a dress worn in the netherlands then reception dinner in sweden

silvia has used dresses several times

here on the night before her doughters wedding and then Nobel
blue dress in sweden and used in new york

this dress first worn in denmark wedding then nobel and at several state visits

Letizia,Princess of Asturias is Spain's current royal recycler,some outfits more than others.

I don't see anything wrong with royals recycling clothing or wearing the same gown to different functions. Perhaps they like a particular gown or the gown looks good on them and they wear them for different occasions or on occasion where they haven't been seen wearing a particular gown. It takes time for someone to make them a new gown.

I think it's sensible of the royals to "recycle" their gowns. It would seem a shame to have a gown created for you that you really love and then only get to wear it once.

Queen Margrethe is one of my favorite royals; I love her cheerful and somewhat flamboyant style. That green dress that she wore to Victoria and Daniel's wedding is one that I have seen her wear on several occasions. And, I like seeing her in it. And, the way that she and Prince Henrik come flourishing in makes me laugh. It's hard to know, of course, but, I think she seems like she would be a great deal of fun!

And as for Princess Anne...while I totally admire her great figure, I usually don't like what she wears the first time she wears it. :)

Back
Top Bottom