Princess Madeleine of Sweden's Wedding Dress

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At first I wasn't wow-ed about the dress.
But total image was really pretty, her hair, jewelry, make-up, dress, shoes and bouquet.
On TV the details of the dress weren't that visible.

Last edited:
Agree with what others here have posted that the waist line of the dress just isn't right - it would have been better lower. Also it became apparent in the carriage ride that the off shoulder and drop v back of the dress didn't quite work as well or sit properly.

It is a very romantic style gown with the lace and frill and I think suited better to a younger bride - and by that I mean one in her early 20s. However she did look very nice and she went her on way with the tiara (I adore this modern fringe tiara) and by not using the family veil. Too me this was a clear indication of her making a statement that this is a family wedding - not a massive royal state event as she isn't the heir and Chris isn't going to join the family for duties.

Princess Madeleine did look FANTASTIC, the dress was amazing ! And I am so very happy that she didn`t wear the Cameo :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that the idea of Princess Madeleine's wedding dress design resembles her sister's wedding dress too much.
It may be an original design, but the idea is - in my opinion - copied from her sister. Off the shoulder and no sleeves.
I don't know, I guess I had not expected a dress this "simple" in style. Perhaps a 3/4 sleeve or so.

She does look very happy and radiant, and her groom was beaming and big smiles, but I'm not a (particular) fan of her dress. It's not ugly, not at all, but for me not special either.

I like her tiara and flower before it.
Perfect shoes.
Very sensitive groom)))

The dress......casual....I expected something more tender.... Like the princess from Disney cartoon))) maybe like her second gown.

But the gown to service......too havy lace in the top....maybe must be plain in this area.

I think so too, just as Caroline of Monaco was the most naturally gorgeous princess of her generation.

But if Madeleine doesn't chuck the cigarettes and suntans, she is going to age in the unfortunate way her aunts and Princess Caroline have, and her beauty is going to soon be a very distant memory. :sad:

I completely agree, Madeline is a beautiful princess and so was Caroline. the sun does more damage to skin that anything else. Anyone indulging in these habits pay a huge price.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I love, love , love it and think Madde looks absolutely stunning.
Then I guess that we are both in the minority, because I also love the dress and everything that goes with it!!!! The ruffle that so many are complaining about is very soft and romantic and incorporate so well with the train!! If you think about royal wedding dresses in the past where ruffles were used, I always got the impression that it was added to maybe make the dress look longer - by that I mean it didn't appear as part of the original design. With Princess Madeleine's dress it is the complete opposite - the ruffle is part of the design and is part of the train. My home language isn't English and I wished that I could have expressed myself better!!

Thank you Soraya for the pictures. She looked stunning. best bride in a while. She is gorgeous and carries herself wonderfully.

After looking at pictures for awhile now I have decided it was really beautiful dress on Madeleine. I don't love the dress as much as some others but on Madeleine is seems perfect. :flowers:

When you start to see those fine smoker lines around the mouth area, the brow line starts to drop,and the skin wrinkles..is it worth it?
I had an eye lift in mar ,now I completely stay away from the sun, I wear sunglasses when I mow...
And for minor aging there are those face fillers. ;-)
There are spray tans that last 10days

The best part for me was the absolutely besotted groom.

I disagree with Carlotta. I thought her dress was absolutely gorgeous and she looked stunning in it.

I read one account that her tiara is privately owned. Could it have been wedding gift from Chris? Does anyone know?

Last edited by a moderator:
I read one account that her tiara is privately owned. Could it have been wedding gift from Chris? Does anyone know?

In the wedding tiara thread it was mentioned that it is privately owned by Queen Silvia who received it from her husband. it is possible that it might have been gifted to Madeleine but that is unproven so far.

I absolutely loved the dress. It is by far my favorite of Royal Wedding dresses. It was perfect for Madeleine and she looked spectacular from head to toe. The design, the lace, the full skirt with the spectacular train and cathedral veil.....it was just perfection IMO.

I know many of you expected something more out of the dress for Madeleine, but this was her day and her dream. By all accounts, she is a woman who knows her own mind and what looks best on her. This would translate to the biggest day of her life and she would have had complete input into the design of this most important dress.

I also loved the ceremony and the obvious love and affection she and her bridegroom showed to each other. I have to say, the Swedish Royal Family certainly knows how to pull out the stops and put on spectacular weddings. Bravo!

The best part for me was the absolutely besotted groom.

Yes, I'm totally amazed by such an openness of expression and delight Chris had exhibited. It's such a turnaround from his taciturn demeanor and it was wonderful to see his feelings so openly displayed for Madeleine.

Yes, I'm totally amazed by such an openness of expression and delight Chris had exhibited. It's such a turnaround from his taciturn demeanor and it was wonderful to see his feelings so openly displayed for Madeleine.

His delight was absolutely infectious. He looked happy, and wasn't afraid to show it. As to the dress, the part I disliked was the border on the bottom. Reminded me of a bedskirt.

I'm afraid your competition will extend for miles around for Madeleine's divine bracelet!

His delight was absolutely infectious. He looked happy, and wasn't afraid to show it. As to the dress, the part I disliked was the border on the bottom. Reminded me of a bedskirt.

It is unfortunate about the dust ruffle/bedskirt, but I'm just floored by the gorgeous veil over that superlong train. What a beautiful effect.

Last edited:
It is unfortunate about the dust ruffle/bedskirt, but I'm just floored by the gorgeous veil over that superlong train. What a beautiful effect.

Those definitely over-rode the ruffles. She looked gorgeous.

Yes. He looked so happy. They both did. It was written all over their faces how happy they were. That was my favorite part of the wedding.

It can be difficult for some people to smile openly and naturally on command.
Maybe Chris is one of those types. Or he was nervous. Or both. lol Madeline seems to be the opposite. She seems to smile naturally easily.

Madeline looked stunning. Loved everything about her look- dress, veil, tiara choice, hair, make up, jewelry. It was perfect. I was particularly glad not to see the cameo tiara. I think that is a difficult one to pull off. Madeline's suited her beautifully.

The wedding dress was very pretty and she wore it well. It was very her style and her personality in the lace. The skirt puffing up from the waist was nice even though a few thought she looked bigger, well that was the style and she seemed confident in it.
The veil was beautiful, simple yet really elegant.

Im glad she went for Valentino. It's once in a lifetime and she should pick the designer she wishes for.

We can clearly rule out Chris, because the tiara has been in the RF for more than 20 years. It has been often worn by both the Queen and Madeleine.

Frankly speaking I like more second gown, It's more girlish and more how I see Madeleine))))))

Looks like it's mom's gown fron Nobel 2001

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 251
  • m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 203
  • m3.jpg
    m3.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 221
I thought her whole look for the wedding was great and I really liked the wedding dress until I spotted that ruffle. Good thing we didn't see the bottom of the dress that much during the coverage.

Someone earlier in the thread made a good point about it not fitting well though. During the carriage ride, it turned into an off-the-shoulder number as can be seen in the photos of them as they're about to board the boat (Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill's royal wedding: best moments).

While I like the idea of her reusing her mother's Nobel dress for the party, it looks too much like a prom/debutante dress to me.

Last edited:
Was the second dress borrowed from her mom? But yes I agree this one is much better than the one she walked down the aisle in, it also looks like it fits.

In the wedding tiara thread it was mentioned that it is privately owned by Queen Silvia who received it from her husband. it is possible that it might have been gifted to Madeleine but that is unproven so far.

Do you have a link to that thread?

When you start to see those fine smoker lines around the mouth area, the brow line starts to drop,and the skin wrinkles..is it worth it?
I had an eye lift in mar ,now I completely stay away from the sun, I wear sunglasses when I mow...
And for minor aging there are those face fillers. ;-)
There are spray tans that last 10days

Yes, I now own sun hats in many colors. And yes, injectables take 10 years off if done right!

Back
Top Bottom