The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-08-2013, 03:40 PM
Heir Apparent

The bride was stunning in her beautiful gown and I loved the veil! It was very summery and romantic and they both radiated happiness. A lovely vision...

Old 06-08-2013, 04:00 PM
Courtier

All the catty comments. A bride chooses what she wants.

Old 06-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Courtier

A nice flowy look-sort of 70's retro-looking to me. I think it looks great-although with her face I'm sure she could wear a potato sack and she'd look fantastic. She looks so happy!
Old 06-08-2013, 04:15 PM
Nobility

I watched the wedding live from the link that I found here in the site.
I really liked Madeleine's dress. She was really beautiful!!!! and a little stressed and with lots of emotion...Perhaps in pics the dress seems somehow weird, its cut, I guess, in the waist, but truly when watching she was stunning!!!!
Old 06-08-2013, 04:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think anyone's comments were "catty" I love how everyone has their own view and is that not what this forum is for ... but "catty" I have re read and I think it is okay to have a different view but then that is just IMO.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Nobility

Madeleine is hands down the most beautiful princess of her generation - I am considering just looks here. Her wedding dress is elegant, light, confortable, and the choice of tiara (with flowers), jewelery, veil, shoes was perfect. Nice job.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Gentry

Dress suits Madeleine but I am not a big fan of it. Just too much lace. And I don't like her bouquet. But I usually don't like all white bouquets. Good hairdo!

@ cmbruno: everyone has a different taste! I have never understand people who think she is the most beautiful princess. She is good-looking and her choice for darker hair is a good one. But for me her sister wins it, just because Victoria is more natural. Anyway luckily not everyone fancies the same persons and things.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Absolutely beautiful bride. Perfect hair, tiara with flowers, simpler veil, EARRINGS, bracelet to honor Lilian, neckline and small short sleeves and natural waist simple dress with small bouquet gave the message of a summer family wedding. Yes, it is a national event, but every effort was made to make is as familial as possible, imo, and the dress helped set that tone.Loved the v-back, that gave it a summer party vibe. Did NOT like the shoes, too high, she almost tripped on her exit down the stairs. Could have done without the ruffle, only real criticism.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
The sketch is beautiful, the dress is not. This is usually how this happens though I think Charlene's, Victoria, and Mary's dresses ended up better than the sketches. Stephanie's sketch was a masterpiece her dress was gorgeous. Madeleine's dress really needed the fullness and designs on the skirt.
I think to make the dress look like the sketch, the lace would have to have been tonal (with COLOR!) with a taupe/grey/silver edging to some of the flowers in the lace/ It would have been very dimensional (like the sketch) but not white. I can just imagine the comments.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Madeleine looked beautiful! Can't wait to watch the ceremony.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Did not like the dress. The waist and the bordure at the skirts bottom the skecth was really different
Old 06-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Quite an unattractive dress, Madeleine comes off as more chic than her sister and I'm surprised her dress isn't as nice as Victoria's.
Her dress is beautiful. It's one of those dresses if you see it up close the details are amazing. You've got to be joking cause it's definitely not a "unattractive dress".and please stop comparing her to Victoria.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Courtier

The bride was an absolute vision of loveliness! My only critique would be that the dress may have looked more elegant with a slightly longer waist. I must say that I am warming to Chris O'Neill because of his open displays of affection on this day. He is clearly deeply in love, as it should be.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Quite an unattractive dress, Madeleine comes off as more chic than her sister and I'm surprised her dress isn't as nice as Victoria's.
I thought the dress very pretty but it's not my favorite...but Madeleine herself IS on my list of most beautiful Royal brides.

Does that make sense? She just looked radiant and stunning today!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice" MLK Jr 1929-1968
Old 06-08-2013, 05:53 PM
Courtier

Madeleine was perfect in her big day.I love the dress,the beautiful lace and her make-up.I agree with some members that she would look beautiful even in a potato sack.
What a beautiful couple,they look so happy and delighted.

I am amazed by one of CP Victoria's fan who seem to cut Madeleine into pieces for every possible reason in every thread.Come on,why was it tacky and posh to give the name of the designer yesterday?Why blaming Madeleine for chosing a non Swedish designer?This is her big day and she is free to chose whatever designer she wants.
It wasn't kind to say that she seems to have extra kilos.Madeleine has nice curves and I prefer this over some bony women.

The more I see the dress the more I like it.The bottom part of the dress is lovely in side views ,like in some of the pics in link
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor
Old 06-08-2013, 05:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Perfect, perfect, perfect. The dress, the jewellery, the hairstyle. A wonderful bride !
Old 06-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Aristocracy

Madeleine was a beautiful bride but I must admit I didn't like her dress. The top half of the dress was lovely, but the skirt I didn't care for at all. Nor did I like the little row of flowers in front of the tiara. But it's a personal preference and if she felt beautiful then what anyone else thinks is irrelevant. Congratulations to her and Chris.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

The shoes http://blogg.svt.se/ebba/files/2013/06/skorna.png
Old 06-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Nobility

Some people are mixing it, Madeleine wore orange blossoms before her tiara and the myrtle on the back of her hair, see it here

The Royal Couturier: Princess Madeleine's Wedding Gown!
Old 06-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by COESpiral View Post
Madeleine was a beautiful bride but I must admit I didn't like her dress. The top half of the dress was lovely, but the skirt I didn't care for at all. Nor did I like the little row of flowers in front of the tiara. But it's a personal preference and if she felt beautiful then what anyone else thinks is irrelevant. Congratulations to her and Chris.
Without the ruffle on the bottom, I would have loved this dress and placed it on my Top Five list. But no matter, she was one of the most beautiful brides I have ever seen, Royal or otherwise.

Her hair, makeup and jewels were perfection.

She and Chris seem headed for a great future.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice" MLK Jr 1929-1968