Princess Madeleine of Sweden's Wedding Dress

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not a fan of the dress , liked it at first but then saw all the frills as she walked down thesteps at the end, IMO its just all a bit much and too ' Disney Princess' (ironic I know!)

Madeleine looked radiant; her hair, makeup and jewels were just divine and even if she sported a dust ruffle on her gown, it didn't take away how lovely she looked in it. I love the veil over that superlong gorgeous train, especially from the back, but could have done without the flowers below the tiara. All in all, a beautiful bride wearing a wedding dress that may not be a memorable one.

But how happy this couple looks; Chris is just grinning from ear to ear and the photo of them on the balcony where he touches his forehead to her is just sublime. His kissing her hand during the ceremony is just melt-a-licious. Congratulations and best wishes to the happy bride and groom.

Last edited:
Valentino is great designer I love him but there's something in his wedding dresses which I hate.
Marie Chantal, Maxima, Sibilla or Clotilde... - there's something wrong with their dresses. Maybe the cut or wrong gown for wrong woman.

About today's bide dress: wide neckleine made Madeleine bigger in her shoulders. To high belt. I men to near her breast made her big. Better would be V shape for both neckleine and belt.
Flowers are romantic but make the tiara invisible sometimes. They were part of the veil?

But the most important that she like it and feel good in her weeding dress..

Btw. don't you think that Madeleine's wedding gown remind's somehow Sibilla's? Maybe because the low part of the dress.

Last edited:
The dress was pretty, the bride was beautiful, the groom was handsome, both looked happy. What more can you ask for in a wedding?

That too. The design is painfully common.

It is a beautiful dress!!! Not a fan of the bottom, but I'm a sucker for Chantilly lace!

It is a common style for sure!!

Just seen a full view of the dress and it looks like an expensive doiley! Shame. I thought Madeleine would have pulled it out the bag.

She looked stunning, but she would have looked stunning in a potatoe bag. Nice dress, but nothing for the top 10-lists.

The bodice she seemed to have problems with it, is it just me. I am a little disappointed to be honest as I really wanted to love the whole thing but I don't.

The bride was stunning in her beautiful gown and I loved the veil! It was very summery and romantic and they both radiated happiness. A lovely vision...

All the catty comments. A bride chooses what she wants.

A nice flowy look-sort of 70's retro-looking to me. I think it looks great-although with her face I'm sure she could wear a potato sack and she'd look fantastic. She looks so happy!:flowers:

I watched the wedding live from the link that I found here in the site.
I really liked Madeleine's dress. She was really beautiful!!!! and a little stressed and with lots of emotion...Perhaps in pics the dress seems somehow weird, its cut, I guess, in the waist, but truly when watching she was stunning!!!!

I don't think anyone's comments were "catty" I love how everyone has their own view and is that not what this forum is for ... but "catty" I have re read and I think it is okay to have a different view but then that is just IMO.

Madeleine is hands down the most beautiful princess of her generation - I am considering just looks here. Her wedding dress is elegant, light, confortable, and the choice of tiara (with flowers), jewelery, veil, shoes was perfect. Nice job.

Dress suits Madeleine but I am not a big fan of it. Just too much lace. And I don't like her bouquet. But I usually don't like all white bouquets. Good hairdo!

@ cmbruno: everyone has a different taste! I have never understand people who think she is the most beautiful princess. She is good-looking and her choice for darker hair is a good one. But for me her sister wins it, just because Victoria is more natural. Anyway luckily not everyone fancies the same persons and things.

Absolutely beautiful bride. Perfect hair, tiara with flowers, simpler veil, EARRINGS, bracelet to honor Lilian, neckline and small short sleeves and natural waist simple dress with small bouquet gave the message of a summer family wedding. Yes, it is a national event, but every effort was made to make is as familial as possible, imo, and the dress helped set that tone.Loved the v-back, that gave it a summer party vibe. Did NOT like the shoes, too high, she almost tripped on her exit down the stairs. Could have done without the ruffle, only real criticism.

The sketch is beautiful, the dress is not. This is usually how this happens though I think Charlene's, Victoria, and Mary's dresses ended up better than the sketches. Stephanie's sketch was a masterpiece her dress was gorgeous. Madeleine's dress really needed the fullness and designs on the skirt.

I think to make the dress look like the sketch, the lace would have to have been tonal (with COLOR!) with a taupe/grey/silver edging to some of the flowers in the lace/ It would have been very dimensional (like the sketch) but not white. I can just imagine the comments. :whistling:

Madeleine looked beautiful! Can't wait to watch the ceremony.

Did not like the dress. The waist and the bordure at the skirts bottom :ROFLMAO:the skecth was really different

Quite an unattractive dress, Madeleine comes off as more chic than her sister and I'm surprised her dress isn't as nice as Victoria's.

Her dress is beautiful. It's one of those dresses if you see it up close the details are amazing. You've got to be joking cause it's definitely not a "unattractive dress".and please stop comparing her to Victoria.

The bride was an absolute vision of loveliness! My only critique would be that the dress may have looked more elegant with a slightly longer waist. I must say that I am warming to Chris O'Neill because of his open displays of affection on this day. He is clearly deeply in love, as it should be.

Quite an unattractive dress, Madeleine comes off as more chic than her sister and I'm surprised her dress isn't as nice as Victoria's.

I thought the dress very pretty but it's not my favorite...but Madeleine herself IS on my list of most beautiful Royal brides.

Does that make sense? She just looked radiant and stunning today! :whistling:

Madeleine was perfect in her big day.I love the dress,the beautiful lace and her make-up.I agree with some members that she would look beautiful even in a potato sack.
What a beautiful couple,they look so happy and delighted.

I am amazed by one of CP Victoria's fan who seem to cut Madeleine into pieces for every possible reason in every thread.Come on,why was it tacky and posh to give the name of the designer yesterday?Why blaming Madeleine for chosing a non Swedish designer?This is her big day and she is free to chose whatever designer she wants.
It wasn't kind to say that she seems to have extra kilos.Madeleine has nice curves and I prefer this over some bony women.

The more I see the dress the more I like it.The bottom part of the dress is lovely in side views ,like in some of the pics in link
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor

Perfect, perfect, perfect. The dress, the jewellery, the hairstyle. A wonderful bride !

Madeleine was a beautiful bride but I must admit I didn't like her dress. The top half of the dress was lovely, but the skirt I didn't care for at all. Nor did I like the little row of flowers in front of the tiara. But it's a personal preference and if she felt beautiful then what anyone else thinks is irrelevant. Congratulations to her and Chris.

Madeleine was a beautiful bride but I must admit I didn't like her dress. The top half of the dress was lovely, but the skirt I didn't care for at all. Nor did I like the little row of flowers in front of the tiara. But it's a personal preference and if she felt beautiful then what anyone else thinks is irrelevant. Congratulations to her and Chris.

Without the ruffle on the bottom, I would have loved this dress and placed it on my Top Five list. But no matter, she was one of the most beautiful brides I have ever seen, Royal or otherwise. :p

Her hair, makeup and jewels were perfection.

She and Chris seem headed for a great future.

Back
Top Bottom