Princess Madeleine of Sweden's Wedding Dress

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^^^^
Valentino Garavani is the designer; Valentino is the design house. Garavani is retired or semi retired. Valentino continues on the name but with different house designers.

Was he at the wedding in Holland or the Greek wedding n London

I can't imagine Madeleine looking trashy! Only amazing tomorrow.

I loved Maxima's and M-C's was a magical creation like no other. But the rest I could live without. Hopefully this will be another stunning creation. I really am looking forward to seeing Madeleine in her wedding dress. She is a beautiful young woman.

I have to say that I was not WOW'D at all by Madeleine's gala look tonight. The dress was pretty, but she just did not look the way I thought she would. Frankly I think her sister Victoria was more elegant tonight.

I hope this is not a harbinger of things to come tomorrow...:ermm:

I have to say that I was not WOW'D at all by Madeleine's gala look tonight. The dress was pretty, but she just did not look the way I thought she would. Frankly I think her sister Victoria was more elegant tonight.

I hope this is not a harbinger of things to come tomorrow...:ermm:

Agreed! Me neither!

Here are royal wedding dresses by Valentino:

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: Valentino Gowns

My only favorite here is Maxima's. I hope Madeleine's gown will be another favorite of mine.

Like I said before, Valentino has made awful wedding dresses. The ones that I really dislike are, Marie-Chantal, Sibilla, and Sophie's gowns. The rest are alright.

True but then it all comes down to the person choosing the dress. The deigned designs a few sketches and the bride makes the changes if there is any to be made. Don't forget back then, MC's dress was a wow dress (though I personally didn't like it).

MC's gown didn't "wow" me then or now. I thought it overwhelmed her petite frame and I got the feeling that she was yet another bride trying-and FAILING miserably-to channel Grace Kelly's bridal look.

But she herself looked beautiful, imo.

True but then it all comes down to the person choosing the dress. The deigned designs a few sketches and the bride makes the changes if there is any to be made. Don't forget back then, MC's dress was a wow dress (though I personally didn't like it).

True! It was definately a wow dresa fir 1995! Evertone was googling over it!

I remember a lot of buzz over the cost of MC's dress and the entire wedding, but I don't know a soul who genuinely liked it. It was a conversation piece because of the overkill, imo.

Her sister Alexandra's Lagerfeld Chanel bridal gown later in the year simply stunned me. It was one of the most beautiful wedding gowns I have ever seen!

Last edited:
Madeleine has been making some bad fashion choices as of late, but I'm so hoping for a fabulous wedding dress. Hope she wears that amethyst tiara.

Waiting for a wedding dress similar to Princess Stephanie's wedding dress. Lace, half sleeves, and very gracious. Will be a beautiful bride.

Waiting for a wedding dress similar to Princess Stephanie's wedding dress. Lace, half sleeves, and very gracious. Will be a beautiful bride.

Picture...pictures...picture ;)

It really is just a beautiful, elegant dress. There is lace detailing on the skirt which that photo doesn't show.

I like the top half. I haven't gotten a really good look at the bottom (I thought I detected a ruffle at the hem?). But the waist seam is bugging me. It makes her look extremely short-waisted, and isn't attractive.

This is all I could get. The live coverage didn't really work for me here in Phoenix!

Attachments

• image-3977149849.jpg
    image-3977149849.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 303
  • image-1892453920.jpg
    image-1892453920.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 292
The dress is beautiful and she looks great, though I´m not sure of how the veil is placed. It looks odd.
But I don´t know...maybe it just me, but I have the impression that every bridal gown (royal and non-royal, from picture or in live) in the last years is the same design :wacko:
I´m getting boring of seeing white lace, I am.

Oh, I didn't notice the ruffle before. Not sure how I feel about that... Makes me like the dress just a little less. It gives off a 1970s vibe and that's not an era that was a high point in wedding fashion, IMO.

And now, please, tell me someone, why this dress couldn't have been tailored by a swedish designer ???

It's nothing special, really !!! You can even buy these kind of dresses in bridal stores from Pronovias and others.

Plus shade of white just doesn't suit her and what does that bordure at the skirts bottom?

It's nice but not overwhleming.

After seeing a full view of the dress, I'm not liking it. The top half is lovely, but I dislike the bottom half. It looks like two different dresses just stitched together....very disjointed.

I also wasn't a fan of her makeup, but I thought her hair looked lovely. As did the tiara.

I like the top half. I haven't gotten a really good look at the bottom (I thought I detected a ruffle at the hem?). But the waist seam is bugging me. It makes her look extremely short-waisted, and isn't attractive.

Yes!
I was wondering what seemed a bit off about the dress, and now I know!

i liked madeleine's dress and i thought she looked lovely, but i didn't think it was an amazing dress either. i was expecting something a bit more special, it looks like something straight out of the racks to me.

The overall design of the dress looked great on Madeleine. I was a bit surprised when I was able to see the bottom of the dress and the train -- reminded me of Valentino's dress for Sibilla of Luxembourg.

I love the top half with the lace but I really don't like ruffles on the bottom of wedding dresses so this one is not great to me.

Back
Top Bottom