The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Royal Style File

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-19-2007, 02:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caswallan
#2 is simply stunning.

I absolutely, 100% agree. That dress just looks like it belongs on a princess, and if you're the future Queen and you're getting married......a dress like that is a good start. It's dramatic yet simple and very beautiful.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 01-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Serene Highness

Good job Lady K! I love the last two of Mathilde and Mary. The dress one Letizia can see worn more on Mathilde. And I love the flapper dress on Mary. She would have made a very stylish princess during that era.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:10 PM
Serene Highness

I made some photoshops of Victoria in her mother's dress I hope you enjoy them:
http://img139.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_354lo.jpg
http://img142.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_521lo.jpg
http://img160.imagevenue.com/view.ph..._122_380lo.jpg
http://img157.imagevenue.com/view.ph..._122_413lo.jpg
Old 01-19-2007, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

A cocktail dress for Mette-Marit (I didn't have a category to put it in last night). Pretty in teal.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

Here are some more Golden Globes dresses for the Royal Ladies. Although they may show off a little too much of Maxima and Sofia's "golden globes."

Maxima: a royal purple dress worn by America Ferrera

Sofia: elegant turquoise-y sapphire dress worn by another "queen," Helen Mirren.

Old 01-19-2007, 09:32 PM
Aristocracy

Great work, Lady K and mims!!!

The purple on Maxima and the teal on MM are awesome and sexy! And I thought before I opened the links that the dresses on Victoria would look too old, but she really does look like a queen. The styles really suit her well. Thanks for your efforts!

Mapper
Old 01-20-2007, 12:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK
Here are some more Golden Globes dresses for the Royal Ladies. Although they may show off a little too much of Maxima and Sofia's "golden globes."

Maxima: a royal purple dress worn by America Ferrera

Sofia: elegant turquoise-y sapphire dress worn by another "queen," Helen Mirren.

The teal colored gown worn by Helen Mirren this past Monday would look fantastic on Queen Sofia, escept for the deep square neckline. I believe it would be too risque for Her Majesty.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:17 AM
Super Moderator

maybe she could put a piece of fabric there, underneath the dress (kind of like a camisole), so she could wear it?

Old 01-20-2007, 12:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras
The teal colored gown worn by Helen Mirren this past Monday would look fantastic on Queen Sofia, escept for the deep square neckline. I believe it would be too risque for Her Majesty.

If they could find a piece of fabric that matches the color and consistency of the rest of the dress, they could sew it to the underside and "raise" the neckline to a more suitable drop. I've seen people do it to dresses before when they want to recycle them and use them for different types of events.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 01-20-2007, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mims111
I made some photoshops of Victoria in her mother's dress I hope you enjoy them:

http://img142.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_521lo.jpg
That's a good idea! Who knows: maybe Victoria once will wear one of her mother's dresses (Like Mabel, who wore the engagement dress of Beatrix! ).
I especially like the brown dress!

Princess Mette-Marit with some of Queen Sonja's dresses:
(just don't care about the fact that MM is about 20 cms taller then HM! )

Mette wearing with this light blue galadress
(Corbis, Scanpix)

Mette with the Queen's Dark Blue Galadress
(Corbis, Scanpix)

MM wearing Sonja's red "ballet" galadress
(Rexfeatures, Corbis)

With the white dress with Flower prints
(Corbis, Polfoto)

I have to say that I would love to see MM wearing something colourful (not always black ) and "royal" like the dark blue or the red dress!

Old 01-20-2007, 11:30 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Great work mims, Lady K and Her Majesty!!
Old 01-21-2007, 12:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
That's a good idea! Who knows: maybe Victoria once will wear one of her mother's dresses (Like Mabel, who wore the engagement dress of Beatrix! ).
I especially like the brown dress!

Princess Mette-Marit with some of Queen Sonja's dresses:
(just don't care about the fact that MM is about 20 cms taller then HM! )

Mette wearing with this light blue galadress
(Corbis, Scanpix)

Mette with the Queen's Dark Blue Galadress
(Corbis, Scanpix)

MM wearing Sonja's red "ballet" galadress
(Rexfeatures, Corbis)

With the white dress with Flower prints
(Corbis, Polfoto)

I have to say that I would love to see MM wearing something colourful (not always black ) and "royal" like the dark blue or the red dress!

I like her best in the two blue dresses. I think she should try wearing a similar style to what the Queen does.....not the exact same dress, but something in the same vein. I think with her height, she could pull it off well.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:41 AM
Heir Apparent

What about our older ladies in younger ladies dresses? F.ex. Beatrix in one of Maxima's gowns or Margrethe in Mary or Alexnadra's one or Sofia in one of Maxima's.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:11 PM
Serene Highness

I did another one, of Mary in a Carolina Herrera dress that Renee Zelwegger wore
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/6291/mary1vc9.jpg
(Getty)
Old 01-27-2007, 06:49 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
I didn't see a thread like this before. So let's start to photoshop Royal dresses!

I made one (a bad one ) of Princess Mary wearing the stunning dress Romy Schneider wore in the Sissy-movies.

sources: Fotomarktplatz, Polfoto
Brilliant!!! :)
Old 01-29-2007, 06:53 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Today's SAG awards inspired me to do some photoshops :P

Princess Mary wearing the Vera Wang gown that Eva Longoria wore (she's added a hair piece okay? lol)
Princess Mary wearing the Caroline Herrera gown that Julia Louis-Dreyfus wore
Princess Mary wearing the vintage Hervé Leger gown that Kyra Sedgwick wore
Princess Mary wearing the gown that America Ferrera wore
Princess Mary wearing the gown that Sandra Oh wore

(Larger pictures from Getty Images via people.com, Mary pic from JP.dk)
Old 01-29-2007, 05:34 PM
Royal Highness

Only the gown of Sandra Oh suits her and that is made from Indian zardosi work on tisuue usually ascribed to brides
Old 01-29-2007, 05:40 PM
Heir Apparent

What about Queen Rania's gowns?
I think that Mary and Letizia would look quite good in her dresses.

Maybe Rania in one of colourful of Letizia's dress?
Old 01-31-2007, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator

Well, anyone who has read Princess Letizia's Current Events thread or the Princess Letizia's Pregnancy Clothing thread knows that most posters seem to think that her maternity wear lately has been..well....dull. So I decided to help her. Here are three options she can wear, and they'd all be better than black and grey and black and grey and black and.....

Here is a day outfit, a green print dress that would be very flattering on her, both in color and in cut. The bodice would emphasize her bustline, and show off her growing tummy. If she had to wear dark stockings, they wouldn't look too bad with this. But I rather she didn't...
Green Leaf Print Dress

This one is for a semi-formal event, as it is cocktail length, but she's worn dresses of this length in the past. Maybe she should wear it to one of the events associated with King Harold V's birthday- amethyst is the February birthstone! Besides it'd just be pretty. Maybe with some long curling waves, and some new jewellery from Felipe...
Pretty and Preggers in Purple

Now if she has to wear grey, then she can wear this. It is pretty, and has a great print, with lots of deep red. The wrap dress would be really comfortable, flattering to her growing figure, and more attractive than her current day outfits. (and as a little funny, aka a digital easter egg, the image I used of Letizia for this was from when she was pregnant with Leonor!)
Red and Grey Wrap Dress

Old 01-31-2007, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator

King Harold V's 70th Birthday is fast approaching, and there will be a gala. My, oh my, what will those royal ladies wear? Well, here are some options, straight from the photoshop of LadyK, for consideration.

We'll start with the lovely Crown Princess Mathilde. Absolutely lovely, with a sweet yet almost seemingly shy personality, trim figure, and just one tiara, the princess needs something to show off her natural beauty, and make her stand out from the crowd.
Here is a dress, straight from the runways of Paris, by designer Elie Saab. Although of black and shades of grey, the cut is wonderful. The fitted bodice with assymmetrical neckline would show off the princess's figure, then the floating chiffon skirts would swirl around her, moving beautifully.
Gorgeous Grey Gala Gown

Not feeling the grey? Then maybe you are feeling a little blue. A brilliant blue, strapless dress worn by British actress Toni Collette to the Golden Globe awards. The blue color would cause the princess to stand out from the crowd, and would very definately flatter her coloring.
Beauty in Blue

Finally, a color that suits Mathilde in both appearance and personality. A pale peach-y pink dress, with floral details, fits the princess's sweet and feminine personality. The coral pink color suits her coloring as well.
Pretty as a Peach