The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Royal Style File

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

So, I decided to have a little fun last night with photoshopping. I photoshopped the wedding dresses of the Crown Princesses! I decided to have some order to it, so I ordered them from north to south, by country, and around. So the order of the princesses, from north to south is Mette-Marit, then Mary, Maxima, Mathilde, and Letizia. Thus, Letizia is wearing MM's dress, MM is wearing Mary's, Mary is wearing Maxima's, Max is wearing Mathilde, and Mathilde is wearing Leti's. (although Mathilde wearing Leti's dress is kind of a cop-out, since it is so much like hers)
It was really funny, because almost all the women looked better in their new dresses!!! It was hilarious, how well they were suited. Here goes!!!

Crown Princess Letizia of Spain, wearing the wedding dress of Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway

Old 01-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway, wearing the wedding dress of Crown Princess Mary of Denmark

Isn't it funny how a dress that many people didn't love on Mary looks so perfect on MM?

Old 01-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Crown Princess Mary wearing the wedding dress of Crown Princess Maxima of the Netherlands.

It works on Mary!!! (I was kind of suprised)

Old 01-06-2007, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

Crown Princess Maxima of the Netherlands wearing the wedding dress of Crown Princess Mathilde of Belgium.

Love it! (the collar is a little similar to a dress she wore once, and I love it on her)

Old 01-06-2007, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

Crown Princess Mathilde of Belgium wearing the wedding dress of Crown Princess Letizia of Spain.

I like it better than Mathilde's dress (which is funny since they are so similar), maybe it's the embroidery.

Old 01-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

great work Lady!

Mette's dress looks great on Letizia! I think this gown would look great on everyone!
I agree that Mary's dress looks beautiful on Mette!

Again for Harald's birthdaygala:

Máxima realized to lately that she has no fitting dress for the birthdaygala! It is Sunday evening and no store is open anymore! So she asks Queen Sonja if she can wear her old , yellow pregnancy dress.. and of course she can:
Máxima wearing Sonja's dress
(Scanpix)

Pregnant Mary surprises everyone with a beautiful grey/blue maternity dress and her Ruby tiara.
Mary
(fillyboo.com)

Old 01-07-2007, 12:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK

This is the same dress Christina Aguilera wore when she performed at the VMA's last year when she did "Hurt".
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 01-07-2007, 12:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway, wearing the wedding dress of Crown Princess Mary of Denmark

Isn't it funny how a dress that many people didn't love on Mary looks so perfect on MM?

Wow....she looks better in Mary's dress than she did in her own. Not to say she didn't look good, but I didn't like that kind of dress on her. This one is more up her alley.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 01-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

Here's a new dress for Lalla Salma- she looks good in light and bright colors, and I think green almost always looks good on redheads, so here's a bright green dress for her. Pretty with some sparkle, it'd be nice to see her in. Dress by Elie Saab.

http://img462.imageshack.us/my.php?i...abdressba8.png

Old 01-11-2007, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
What about photoshopping some extravagant dresses on the older generation?
I've been on the lookout for some dresses that would look good. It's actually a lot more difficult, because so many of the dresses I find for women the age of the current queens (besides Rania, of course) are often so dowdy, that some of the queens (like Silvia) wouldn't wear them, and that I wouldn't want to photoshop them! (I don't do dowdy. I do anti-dowdy. I'm working on making Camilla less dowdy) So give me some more time (or suggestions), and I'll see what I can come up with.

I have found an idea for Grand Duchess Maria Theresa. It is a dress worn by Patricia Heaton (Everybody Loves Raymond) to the Golden Globes. The stripes on the dress are good to lengthen the body.
http://img462.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ph18fo2.png

Old 01-11-2007, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

And the base image here I came across in the "Royals in historical dress" thead, it's an image of Empress Sissi. However, I think I might like it even better now that it is an image of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II. (the image of QEII is from her official coronation portraits)
(I like this image a lot-she's so pretty and elegant!)
http://img131.imageshack.us/my.php?image=17tt10vb8.png

Old 01-12-2007, 02:09 PM
Serene Highness

Great job ladies! Its funny, but I think that all the princesses look better in the wedding dresses they've been photoshopped in!

anyway, I have some I can share

I did Maddeleine (X3), Letizia and Victoria in an Oscar de la Renta dress worn by Halle Berry:
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/9954/mad1sx9.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/31/mad1adi3.jpg
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/9952/mad1bil5.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3411/leti1pc5.jpg
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2676/vic1cf5.jpg

A few of Marie Chantal, first in Carolina Herrera and then in YSL:
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2227/mc1jg5.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1693/mc2kh0.jpg

Maxima in a Carolina Herrera gown worn by Renee Zelwegger:
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5063/jjmaxls0.jpg

Charlotte in the Chanel gown her mom wore:
http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/1590/ccc2bc8.jpg

sorry they're not the best quality; I'm an amateur!
Old 01-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Wow great work! This black white dress is really stunning!

Here are some I did yesterday

Maxima in a Narciso Rodriguez Dress
Dress

Märtha-Louise in a white Valentino Dress
White Dress

Possible weddingdresses for Princess Victoria :
Dress 1 ( by melissa sweetd)
Dress 2 ( from pily lithrk)

Old 01-17-2007, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Another weddindress for Queen Sonja .
Her original weddingdress was extremely simple and It would have been nice if she wore something elegant like that. .
WeddingDress

(Corbis,contrib.andrew)

Old 01-17-2007, 01:37 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Absolutely Fantastic, great job!
Old 01-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Possible weddingdresses for Princess Victoria :
Dress 1 ( by melissa sweetd)
Dress 2 ( from pily lithrk)
#2 is simply stunning.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Courtier

gals, if I were you I'd photoshop myself in royal ladies' dresses.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:26 AM
Super Moderator

Time for another set of royal dresses!

Firstly, I found some gorgeous gowns for moms-to-be Letizia and Mary.

Letizia: For Letizia, I found a gown worn by Rachel Weisz to the Golden Globes last year. It is a golden crepe-like fabric, with a lovely drape. It brings out the golden tones in Leti's hair and coloring. It is a really flattering color for her, a combo you might think wouldn't work, but it does. I wonder what Leti would really look like in this fabric.

Mary: Mary's dress was even easier for me to find- it almost jumped out at me. Ironically, it is the dress worn by Infanta Cristina to Mary's own wedding! Cristina was expecting her third boy at that time. The cranberry red color is one that many of us can agree looks yummy on Mary, and the light green shrug over it is lovely too. I liked it on Cristina, starting to love it on Mary.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:30 AM
Super Moderator

I found, a couple of weeks ago, a website with vintage gowns, some even antique gowns, and have been slowly playing with them, and here are a few.

These both happen to be Mary, because she was the best for the dresses.

Flapper Mary: This 1920's era flapper dress is fun and different. It reminded me a little of Mary's black dress that she wore on a state visit to Australia before Christian was born. With the beading and such, it is very pretty. Mary, I think, could carry it off.

Unique Orange Dress: This dress is very different, and I love the color and sparkle of it. I think Mary might be able to pull it off, and with a flair.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:42 AM
Super Moderator

Here I've been inspired the Golden Globes. All these dresses were worn by different actresses to the 2007 Globes ceremony. (and I have more dresses from the Globes saved to play with!) (you gotta love awards show season for this!)

Mette-Marit: MM is wearing a pale blue dress with metallic embroidery on the sides that was worn by Naomi Watts. It is a lovely dress, and would be nice on her.

Mathilde: Mathilde is wearing a beautiful turquoise gown worn by Felicity Huffmann. I thought this dress was fabulous on tv, and flowed so beautifully around Felicity's body, as well as looking very elegant. This picture does show that somewhat, and shows the interesting cut and drape of the dress. (and I added the hair she used from the gala visit from Maxima and WA)

Mary: Who else could wear the stunning and very special gown worn by Sienna Miller? Only Mary could do it right.