The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-27-2012, 06:49 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Royal ladies and their corsage dresses

- the only one I do not like out of this collection is this one of Crown Princess Mary:

** BB gallery: Kongelige i corsage **

Old 03-27-2012, 06:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, the peplum suit is my favorite although she looked great in both.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:53 PM
Royal Highness

Considering that Maxima struggles at times with her daytime look, I have to say that she was perfect for both of the funerals.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:47 PM
Royal Highness

absolutely Princess Maxima Looks Wonderful In Both Outfits , So Elegant & Chic The Black Color Very Nice On Her
Old 04-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
The secret of the elegance of Mary of Denmark
El secreto de la elegancia de Mary de Dinamarca: la estilista Anja Camilla Alajdi

Google Google Translate

Quote:
The princess dress 'low cost'
http://www.hola.com/realeza/20120329...esas-low-cost/

http://translate.google.com.tr/trans...ost%2F&act=url
Old 04-10-2012, 09:51 AM
Aristocracy

Duchess of Cambridge Fashion review

As the 1st anniversary is rapidly approaching, I've put together a little fashion review of the Duchess. I'd love to know what you all think!

1 Year on – the wedding, the title and the wardrobe « Happy and Glorious!
Old 04-10-2012, 10:31 AM
Aristocracy

Really nice to go back and have a look. Thank you it's a great review.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the fashion retrospective, UKroyalist. That Jenny Packham gown remains my all-time favorite, while the black lace gown is the worse.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:18 AM
Serene Highness

She's had a pretty good year. The pink Peckham dress was by far the nicest. Also, some suit dresses were pretty nice. Some very sleek outfits.
But damn should she never wear black lace again. The Temperley dress she wore to the War Horse premier is so effin' ugly it hurts my eyeballs.

Colour sweetie, colour.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukroyalist View Post
As the 1st anniversary is rapidly approaching, I've put together a little fashion review of the Duchess. I'd love to know what you all think!

1 Year on – the wedding, the title and the wardrobe « Happy and Glorious!
The Birmingham in August after the rioting - that Alexander McQueen did not looked 'refined' to me. Total mistake for a variety of reasons. An obvious 'fashion statement' on a visit that should have downplayed fashion for PC reasons (in this case). And just in general I thought it was a silly dress.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
The Birmingham in August after the rioting - that Alexander McQueen did not looked 'refined' to me. Total mistake for a variety of reasons. An obvious 'fashion statement' on a visit that should have downplayed fashion for PC reasons (in this case). And just in general I thought it was a silly dress.
I didn't (and still don't) care for that particular choice of attire. It was just plain ugly, and the top part reminded me of the uniforms used by Russian army in the time of Peter I.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

My least favourite is the ensemble she wore for Zara's wedding; that hat spoiled the whole look.
I wish the royal ladies would bury all their satellite dishes in a deep and unmarked grave.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Serene Highness

I like all her outfits except the war horse premier and the blue Jean like dress, I like the one she wore in Ireland as well as the one of her us tour.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

My favourite outfits have to be the Irish Guards Medal Parade and the visit to Birmingham. I just love those outfits, the military style is my favourite. My "dislike" outfits are the one worn to Liverpool, to Fortnum and Mason and at The Epsom Derby.

They missed out the overseas tour outfits though, so I might go on a hunt for them.

Canada outfits;
Leaving for Canada
Arrival in Canada
Day 2 Outfit
Day 2 Evening
Day 3 Outfit
Day 4 Outfit
Day 4 Outfit No2
Day 5 Outfit No1
Day 5 Outfit No2
Day 5 Outfit No3
Day 6 Outfit
Day 6 Outfit No 2
Day 6 Outfit No 3
Day 7 Outfit
Day 8 Outfit
Day 8 Outfit No2
Leaving Outfit

Canada;
Day 1 Outfit
Day 2 Outfit
Day 2 Evening
Day 3 Outfit
Old 04-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Serene Highness

Splendid job, Tyger. A great overview of the Duchess's fashion, and food for thought about what's emerging as her style. She certainly prompts many different responses (I don't care at all for the military dress look). I do like her cream colored outfit at the Trooping, though.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
I just don't get this logic. The Queen wears custom made, unique clothing including hat and £1,000 Launer handbag when she visits everyone. That's before we take into account the pearl necklace, pearl and diamond earrings and priceless brooch. She wears all this to visit some of the poorest parts of Britain, to visit the victims of the 7/7 bombings in London, to visit Omagh where 29 people including unborn twins were slaughtered by terrorists.

Kate puts on a pretty conservative, well made, attractive skirt and blouse to visit the victims of riots and people take issue with it. All she did was wear some of her best clothes to visit these people, as they would do if they were going to SJP to visit her. In that way she was basically paying them a massive compliment, and the people she met certainly weren't complaining afterwards about her 'unrefined' outfit.

It's one thing to not like it, quite another to somehow try and imply that she insulted the people she was meeting.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
My least favourite is the ensemble she wore for Zara's wedding; that hat spoiled the whole look.
I wish the royal ladies would bury all their satellite dishes in a deep and unmarked grave.
Totally agree. Those hats have long since stopped being 'aw cute'. In some cases they completely detract from or obscure some very fine fashion otherwise.

I hold Mrs Cameron in high regard solely because she refrained from wearing anything close to such a thing on her head for William's and Kate's wedding. (Wonder what the conversation was in the Cameron household that morning - 'Honey, its all the rage, all the other ladies will be wearing one.' 'NO.' My hero. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
Splendid job, Tyger. A great overview of the Duchess's fashion, and food for thought about what's emerging as her style. She certainly prompts many different responses (I don't care at all for the military dress look). I do like her cream colored outfit at the Trooping, though.
Mmm-hmm.......point taken. (My excuse was that I was on my way out for a run and answered quickly. )

I have liked when she dresses elegantly, without fusses and bothers. Some of her gowns have been splendid. She has yet to develop a signature style, I think - like Charlene of Monaco has already done. No rush.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
My favourite outfits have to be the Irish Guards Medal Parade and the visit to Birmingham. I just love those outfits, the military style is my favourite. My "dislike" outfits are the one worn to Liverpool, to Fortnum and Mason and at The Epsom Derby.

They missed out the overseas tour outfits though, so I might go on a hunt for them.

Canada outfits;
Leaving for Canada
Arrival in Canada
Day 2 Outfit
Day 2 Evening
Day 3 Outfit
Day 4 Outfit
Day 4 Outfit No2
Day 5 Outfit No1
Day 5 Outfit No2
Day 5 Outfit No3
Day 6 Outfit
Day 6 Outfit No 2
Day 6 Outfit No 3
Day 7 Outfit
Day 8 Outfit
Day 8 Outfit No2
Leaving Outfit

Canada;
Day 1 Outfit
Day 2 Outfit
Day 2 Evening
Day 3 Outfit
Gorgeous Pictures Combination , Duchess Of Cambridge She’s Very Stylish Lady , The Most Important Thing She Always Choose The Most Suitable Outfit On her , and She Have Beautiful Structure For Sure , I Like Very Much The Pic Day 6 Outfit No 2 Very Beautiful Shot and Sooo Warm , The Couple Looks So Nice , and The Most Outfit I Like Is Canada Day 2 Evening , and The Most Casual Dress Nice and Elegant is Arrival In Canada & Day 3 Outfit , Thank you for Posting Lumutqueen
Old 04-11-2012, 06:00 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Crown Princess Mary and her pants - mostly good choices:

** BB gallery: Mary i bukser **
Old 04-11-2012, 04:05 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Flashback Friday: The White Wardrobe

These are fantastic! Those lace and satin dresses are very beautiful.I especially love that dress she is wearing in the BP gardens.The Queen Mother certainly looked very stunning.

Tags
fashion, old fashion discussion, past royal fashion, royal fashion