Old Fashion Discussion Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Very Beautiful Picture , and Very Nice Elegant Dress , Thanx For Posting Burzg :flowers:

You're welcome. :)
The Queen does look absolutely stunning in the picture, as she usually did in Norman Hartnell creations: the man was a true artist!
My favourite will always be this stunning gown which is a triumph of craftsmanship (I wish I had bigger photographs):
- The gown
- Side few
- Close up

Indeed The Queen Looks Stunning Plus The Dress Very Nice & The Craftmanship WoW , This Dress It’s Like Victorian Century Design Dress :flowers: Thank You For Posting

Her Majesty has unfortunately completely neglected this gorgeous gown; it was worn on only handful of occasions. In fact, the only picture of the Queen wearing it is from her 1957 tour of the United States; she wore the dress to an evening event, accompanied by Vice President (future President) Richard Nixon
- The Queen and Richard Nixon.

I have fortunately located some better pictures of the gown too:
- The gown - Bodice - Side view of the bodice
- The skirt - Side view of the skirt - Details

Another breath-taking gown worn by Her Majesty in 1950's (again, by Norman Hartnell) is the gorgeous cream gown with gold detailing, including French flowers of the field. This dress hasn't been neglected at all; the Queen wore it on a number of occasions, the first being during visit to France.
- The gown - Side view - Back view
- Close up - The bodice - Details - Close up of the details
- The Queen wearing the gown in April of 1957, during her official visit to France

Amazing Pictures , These Dresses Really Wow , Both Dresses Really Antique Chic , and The Handmade Craft Really Magnificent , Thank you for Posting Artemisia & for Close Up Pics :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not but i do love it but what i do know is that this to have been taken at the first floor entrance at buckingham palace.

You are absotely correct; Her Majesty was pictured at the Grand Entrance to Buckingham Palace.
A picture of the Great Hall; while the exact place the Queen is standing is outside the picture frame, it is easy to see that's the location the picture was taken.

Last edited:
Crown Princess Mary and her Prada outfits, most of them are really great:

** Mary i Prada **

Very Nice , I Like Prada Brand , and Prada Outfits That Princess Mary Wore are Very Nice , Thanx For Posting :flowers:

You are absotely correct; Her Majesty was pictured at the Grand Entrance to Buckingham Palace.
A picture of the Great Hall; while the exact place the Queen is standing is outside the picture frame, it is easy to see that's the location the picture was taken.

WOW I Really Love Very Much Buckingham Palace , and Shot at Grand Entrance really amazing Place , I Love Victorian century Design Very Much , Thank you for posting :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Dresses Of CP Victoria , She Looks Nice & Beautiful in All , Thanx for Posting

:previous: Mary did not attend Catherine's wedding. But if memory serves me correctly, she wore a similar dress in a shade of green, or perhaps it was blue, to the wedding of Albert and Charlene.

:previous: Mary did not attend Catherine's wedding. But if memory serves me correctly, she wore a similar dress in a shade of green, or perhaps it was blue, to the wedding of Albert and Charlene.
Correct on both counts, not at the Cambridge wedding, wore blue at Prince Alberts wedding.

:previous: Thank you for the confirmation.

I have been looking for a photo, and you may view a picture of Mary at the wedding here (scroll down to 'Best of the Best).

:previous: Some pretty pink outfits! The only ones that I really dislike are 3 and 9. The final dress looks very shiny in that photo.

Oh yes, pink really suits her, especially the strong tones. And I think she had one of the prettiest dresses at Victoria and Daniel's wedding.

My favorite Madeleine looks:

Pic Pic2 Pic3 Pic4 Pic5 Pic6 Pic7

Gorgeous gowns! I love the color and the details of dress 5. The brown dress is very stunning, and I love the color of dress 7 (even though I thought her tan was bad). But my number one favorite is that red dress! She looked so beautiful and it was of course, a very unforgetable red dress.

Last edited:
Kate Middleton's fashion hits and misses in pictures - Fashion Galleries - Telegraph

- I find this intereting, most of the misses I like, most of the 'hits' I don't like. :)

I'm rewatching Trooping highlights and just caught a glimpse of Samantha Cameron who has her hair pulled back and has a similar fascinator to Catherine and it looks wonderful on her. They seem to have similar hair, maybe Catherine should try and wear her hair up with a hat for once.

Last edited:
I can't believe that they considered her M Missoni coat as a hit

Here is a nice photo of Queen Elizabeth's colorful wardrobe. I love that she mostly wears bold colors. I think she looks great in red, blue, pink, purple and yellow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom